METAgame Ressources moove and depleate , Harvester ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, I thought you were banned!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-10, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

METAgame Ressources moove and depleate , Harvester ?

I think the current metagame pseudo ps1/copy and paste / totaldomination direction simply ruins the game

I do not like the direction its going to take simply making the game the Zergfits paradize and ruins the experience for anyones else who dont want to take part in this zerg

The missions systhem and ressources systhem as to be dynamics some ressources hot spot as to be define dynamically those who can provide ( red / green /yellow ressources when those are set you have a ( X ) amounts of ressources available to harvest , maybe even having Physical harverster that can be destroy by placing multiples charge on them and that required team work to destroy while the facility near it can also be captured as normal

So this systhem could create a really dynamics and meaningfull Metagame elements and i think this is the way to go

not this all remash pseudo metagame /total domination = win bullshit

leave your comments ideas critics down below

Ps: i know i have a terrible gramar but i dont care thanks

Last edited by Stew; 2013-01-10 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: METAgame Ressources moove and depleate , Harvester ?

ANT it up

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-01-11, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stew
Major

As i can see their is much more peoples to whine about anything than solving a true critical problem wich is the overall balance and imbalance but also the stagnant figth over the same regions most of the time also the worthless reason of (( pseudo total domination )) and continents lock crap thats simply remoove an options to figth on and make continents useless

Grats iam so glad to see how much peoples really care about important thing
Old 2013-01-11, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I think the current metagame pseudo ps1/copy and paste / totaldomination direction simply ruins the game

I do not like the direction its going to take simply making the game the Zergfits paradize and ruins the experience for anyones else who dont want to take part in this zerg

The missions systhem and ressources systhem as to be dynamics some ressources hot spot as to be define dynamically those who can provide ( red / green /yellow ressources when those are set you have a ( X ) amounts of ressources available to harvest , maybe even having Physical harverster that can be destroy by placing multiples charge on them and that required team work to destroy while the facility near it can also be captured as normal

So this systhem could create a really dynamics and meaningfull Metagame elements and i think this is the way to go

not this all remash pseudo metagame /total domination = win bullshit

leave your comments ideas critics down below

Ps: i know i have a terrible gramar but i dont care thanks
quote from Smedley's blog under the ideas for further developement:
"2) Harvestable resources - imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting."

so this might show up on the 6th month plan who knows?
Old 2013-01-12, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by Phantomdestiny View Post
quote from Smedley's blog under the ideas for further developement:
"2) Harvestable resources - imagine SC II style resource harvesting with physical vehicles doing the mining or the harvesting."

so this might show up on the 6th month plan who knows?
Id rather think of C&C as an example. Never liked SC and C&C was among my favorite games growing up. Still have have the original on Sega Saturn, though the case and booklet didn't survive the years.
Old 2013-01-12, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Yeah, C&C is so much better than SC. But PS2 has 3 types of resources + <del> Auraxium</del> Station Cash...

So that's mean 3 different types of harvesters wouldn't it?

I'm not opposed to the idea. I used to do ANT runs and I find Farming Simulator 2013 to be quite relaxing.

Is the harvester explodes, can you recover some of it (Dune 2?)
Old 2013-01-12, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
Yeah, C&C is so much better than SC. But PS2 has 3 types of resources + <del> Auraxium</del> Station Cash...

So that's mean 3 different types of harvesters wouldn't it?

I'm not opposed to the idea. I used to do ANT runs and I find Farming Simulator 2013 to be quite relaxing.

Is the harvester explodes, can you recover some of it (Dune 2?)
I wish I still had my old Dune game on the Sage Genesis. Such memories that I forgot that I even had.

Back of topic-
Seeing how just about everything is nano-tech in PS2 a res run can be just a vat of raw materials. Infantry, base metals. Mech, high density alloys. Air, light weight alloys. What vehicle wouldn't matter, just the vats themselves. Color code them then slap the tanks on a truck and it's all set.

Though how ever we get our res, Id like to see a change on what res is needed for somethings. Like MAXes/AMSs costing a mix of Mech and Infantry, or a mix of Mech and Air for libbies seeing how much power they can have. More or less upping the cost of a lot of bigger and better things so that
1- We can actually run out of res without being warp locked.
2- Make a vehicle mean something and that isn't easy to replace.

Maybe also removing the vehicle times and the certs for them. Instead make those certs a discount for the vehicle of up to 10%-15%. A timer only limits bad players. Good players should never see the timer unless luck ran out and by the timer is gone you should have or be close to getting the used res back anyway.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion