NC MAX Hacksaw test slugs vs spread - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do you wish to pre-order Planetside: Core Combat?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-21, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

NC MAX Hacksaw test slugs vs spread

This is no as scientific as some have done and there is no video but here is what I found. These are for dual Hacksaw only.

Slugs vs Infantry: 2 @ <10m, 3 >10-30m but hard to hit reliably at 30m+.
Spread vs Infantry: 2 @ <10m, 4 >10m and worse the farther you are.

Slugs are clearly superior vs infantry. You can also pick guys off on roofs and through windows much more effectively.

Slugs vs MAX: 20 @ 5m, 22 @ 10-15m.
Spread vs MAX: 14 @ 5M, 24 @10m and quickly much worse beyond that

Slugs are less effective even though I remember reading something about them being better vs MAX. Extended magazine is critical MAX vs MAX, though. With dual extendeds, I can kill an enemy MAX with slugs or spread without reloading. This is HUGE and worth the 1000 certs.
Old 2013-09-21, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: NC MAX Hacksaw test slugs vs spread

Welcome to last Feb.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Wahooo
Captain

I don't have a lot of time in an NC max but basically it goes like this.
Attacking biolab? = shot
Defending biolab = 1arm shot 1arm slug
everything else slugs.
You just have to aim.
Extended mags are a must an really any max weapon on whatever empire offers it... but yeah they are required to balance the max v max.

If there is another 3x SC sale again I'll be getting dual hacksaws, though it is just from VR I think slugs are just better with them. UNLESS they would buff the accuracy of slugs for the mattock which I personally think should be done, if it is supposed to be better at range it would be nice if those few shots you have could hit where you aim.
Old 2013-09-21, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Mattocks are better
Old 2013-09-22, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Mattocks are better
I honestly REALLY don't like semi-auto on both mouse buttons at the same time. Screws up my already mediocre aim. Especially when talking slugs and a little bit of distance. If as I mentioned mattocks had an accuracy buff for the slugs it would be a tougher choice for me personally.
Old 2013-09-22, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Believe Mattocks give you both better accuracy and higher velocity?

Personally taken out infantry at 90m with slug mattocks. Needed a whole clips but its fairly reliable out to a massive range (for NC MAX)
Old 2013-09-22, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
bites
Corporal

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Believe Mattocks give you both better accuracy and higher velocity?

Personally taken out infantry at 90m with slug mattocks. Needed a whole clips but its fairly reliable out to a massive range (for NC MAX)
I do the same on a regular basis, but never run without slugs.

Hear the "ping" from a sniper, face the direction/spot him.
Crouch, squeeze both (if moving pull sequentially based on movement speed), pause for 1-2 seconds, pull again. Sleepy time for the sniper.

I get a lot of tells with "wow surprised you could do that" or "that was a really interesting way to use those" from opposing factions on a regular basis (and I of course thank them for their sacrifice to my sweet MAX gods).

Sure this got harder with the nerfs a while ago .. but its no where near impossible (wish there was a range kill stat ... would debunk this in a heartbeat).
Old 2013-09-22, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

You have to see where they were on the mini-map and then put your waypoint on it to find distance. Only possible if you are getting belted from multiple enemies
Old 2013-09-22, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bites
Corporal

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
You have to see where they were on the mini-map and then put your waypoint on it to find distance. Only possible if you are getting belted from multiple enemies
Nah sorry I meant more "After the fact" eg ... in kill stats/board listed range killed at.

In game ... I use my eyeballs to measure distance, getting a slide rule out for killing a mofo is a bit overkill :P
Old 2013-09-22, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Illtempered
First Sergeant

I've been using mattock and default scat with extended-mags and slugs on my NC alt for a long time now. If I have a particularly long shot to make, I'll just tap a couple from the mattock into them. I get lots of hate-tells during biofarms on that alt, especially when I'm running around on the rooftops owning light-assaults.
Old 2013-09-23, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Phreec
Corporal

I'd be interested in seeing how Nanoewave and Kinetic Armor 5 affect those numbers.
Old 2013-09-23, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Welcome to last Feb.
NC MAXes have changed a lot since Feb. The patch notes never talked about how slugs were or were not affected.
Old 2013-09-24, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Once flamethrowers come out and every faction can excel in CQC I want to see where they plan to take the NC MAX.
Old 2013-09-30, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

What I really don't get is how NC MAXes are supposed to be the CQC masters, but I am MUCH more lethal in CQC when I play my TR character with completely uncerted Mutilators compared to my Hacksaws with 2000 certs (dual slugs, dual extended mags) invested. If you care, go look up Golfclap on Waterson. Last night, I killed 13 VS in 3 minutes at an Amp Station without ever having to reload and without locking down. I did the same thing a few nights ago as well. This has never happened in my Hacksaw MAX and Mutilators are not even the best MAX AI weapon. Plus, Mutilators are reasonably lethal at range.

I don't have a good idea to fix this because my NC MAX already kills in two shots which is very powerful. It is just that those shots HAVE to hit and the small clips make a miss very costly because reload times suck. I think NC MAXes should have much shorter reload to offset the tiny magazines vs TRs 100/700.
Old 2013-10-01, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Reintroduce different chokes for all of the scattercannons and remove slug rounds. This should make it easier to balance the weapons at different ranges.
SOE will never be able to balance the current version.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion