Rough Estimate on Release Date? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Must be over -3 to enter.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-24, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Rough Estimate on Release Date?

Originally Posted by WarChimp130 View Post
I don't think they should worry about any BF, MW or other CoD titles or whatever. There is always one of those games coming out, they release them like 3 times a freakin' week, it feels like they should be up to CoD 37 by now for christs sake. If they release a strong game that challenges those and it's bad ass, then those other games should be the ones worried, now PS2. PS2 if they do it right might completely change the way people think about FPS games.
Still all those games will be in the headlines and PS2 will not be. BF3 and MW3 has way larger player base, so that is more hits for gaming sites to get more clicks on their site. There is gaps between when the CoD games are released too, at least BF doesn't do a yearly rehash lol. First half of 2012 would be perfect in my opinion and lots of people think that is when it may come. The BF3 and MW3 hype will have gone down significantly and people will likely be willing to try new games by that point. That is a win win for PS2.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-07-24 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Timey
Staff Sergeant

I would be willing to place a bet had I the money that there will be a beta of some kind before the year changes.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

While I agree they will get headlines, I think PS2 will be making a push for some headlines also. I have a feeling SOE is going to put a lot of eggs in this basket. As a company they have been stumbling repeatedly and they need a home run. Combine the grass roots level campaign and word of mouth advertising I'm sure we're all going to embark on, with what I believe will be a really solid advertising push by SOE, followed with the buzz that will be swelling up in both the MMO and FPS worlds and you've got a perfect storm of hype.

If SOE does this right, they can knock this one out of the park and they won't have to worry about any other games.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Er first half of 2012 is when DUST 514 will be released Goku... Im not sure if people have heard about this game but it is going to be ground breaking.. not only that it ties in with the EVE universe directly and we all know how many people play ever over 300,000... Those 300,000 people are not going to let rival factions conquer their planets... PS2 should not release when Dust releases... i mean its a cross platform FPS game that will also have massive battles, but still not in comparison to PS2 but im for sure buying DUST 514 I know that. Plus there is a new halo game coming out sometime in the future.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

I wouldn't be surprised to see beta by the end of this year. Holiday season is usually big, so that could work in our favor for a faster release.

I'm guessing the game won't be released any later than May 20, 2012.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Dust is a PS3 title with 32 vs 32 battles that is linked to EVE on PC. PS2 is a PC game with hundreds of players from 3 factions fighting each other. I do not see any link between them. If SOE was releasing this on PS3 at the same time I would be slightly worried due Eve's reputation. Dust battles are tiny compared to PS2 if you really want to go to into the MMO realm. The reason I am worried about BF3 and MW3 is due those also being on the PC. I never seen anyone worry about a PC exclusive competing with a PS3 exclusive.

Last edited by Goku; 2011-07-24 at 12:28 PM.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
bjorntju1
Captain

Beta in Q4 2011. If we are lucky we will also see the full game in Q4, but i am not really sure about that. So i think the full game will come out somewhere in Q1 2012. And the beta in late Q3, early Q4.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Dust is a PS3 title with 32 vs 32 battles that is linked to EVE on PC. PS2 is a PC game with hundreds of players from 3 factions fighting each other. I do not see any link between them. If SOE was releasing this on PS3 at the same time I would be slightly worried due Eve's reputation. Dust battles are tiny compared to PS2 if you really want to go to into the MMO realm. The reason I am worried about BF3 and MW3 is due those also being on the PC. I never seen anyone worry about a PC exclusive competing with a PS3 exclusive.
I will say that with BF3 coming out, it's been tough for me to sell PS2 to my TF2 clan that I run. I've got one guy pretty interested, the rest not so much. I think as more gameplay video's come out though I can make them see the light.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

WarChimp tell them there is cash shop for buying funky hats and they will preorder in a heart beat. Of course PS2 could come out with trailers as you mention and leave us all dumb founded, with that you can convince others to go the PS2 route. Does your clan have a BC2 division to it?
Old 2011-07-24, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bags
Lieutenant General

Yeah, show 'em a picture of your BR25 wearing a hat and shades.
Old 2011-07-24, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
WarChimp tell them there is cash shop for buying funky hats and they will preorder in a heart beat. Of course PS2 could come out with trailers as you mention and leave us all dumb founded, with that you can convince others to go the PS2 route. Does your clan have a BC2 division to it?

Not really, for now it's still mainly a TF2 clan but several people are considering jumping to BF3 when that comes out. I'm hoping to get some to make a jump to PS2, even if not directly with me.
Old 2011-07-24, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

If i would have to guess

Beta would start late Q4 and game will launch Q2
Old 2011-07-24, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Heaven
Master Sergeant

18th May 2012
Old 2011-07-24, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
dachlatte
Master Sergeant

release date: when its done

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Old 2011-07-24, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
DreaM
Private

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
If i would have to guess

Beta would start late Q4 and game will launch Q2
This is basically what I'm going for aswell. They're a year and a half into development already. Q4 this year would put them roughly at 2 years into their development time and in the general region for late alpha / early beta testing phase. The public testing will be roughly 6 months long (this is approximately industry standard) then with a release Q2-Q3 of 2012, putting them a 2 1/2 years maybe 3.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion