News: New MAX and Female Screenshots - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The VS are like Bulls. They hate the color red!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-25, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

New MAX and Female Screenshots

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...shots-2776.htm
Old 2012-05-25, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: New MAX and Female Screenshots

Amazing, I love how each empire has a different silhouette, camo be damned a trained eye could still recognize it.

Edit: I still think the VS shoulders could be toned down a bit somehow, but still like them
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2012-05-25, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bags
Lieutenant General

Glad to see female characters didn't get scraped.
Old 2012-05-25, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kipper
Captain

The evil purple crab race must be destroyed!
Old 2012-05-25, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
FIREk
Captain

Absolutely badass. At least until you slap a Hello Kitty texture on it... :P

I think the NC MAX could use the whole "cage" around the helmet, which we've seen in the concept art.

The TR MAX looks just plain MENACING with those goggles!

And I love it how the ladies are reasonably proportioned, rather than having huge honka-honkas that the common male gamers are accustomed to. Good thing that SOE hasn't caved to that level, unless they plan to add double-Ds as a customization for monies... ;O
Old 2012-05-25, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
noxious
Second Lieutenant

That TR MAX looks fantastic. The Vanu MAX looks good too.

My knee-jerk response when looking at the screenshot of the female model was that it's not at a very flattering screenshot, but then I realized that's only because I've been conditioned by the overt sex appeal that nearly all video games use when designing female characters. It's refreshing to see a model that looks functional; wearing a uniform that looks like it was designed to actually perform the role we're supposed to believe that she performs.

Edit* Oh hey, there were more new shots outside of the post. I really like to look of the NC MAX. It might even be better than the TR MAX. I think the Vanu MAX is a distant third. It's nice that they're trying to differentiate the armors, but the VS MAX is just so thin that it doesn't look menacing at all. It looks like a scrawny 14 year old boy.

Last edited by noxious; 2012-05-25 at 12:50 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SkRiGeR
Private

There are pics of the NC floating around and they look way cool too.

One really cool feature is the ability to change up both arms with any weapon as it seems. Making it much easier to multi role in the Max suit. Still waiting for Public Alpha testing *Cough* pick me *cough*
Old 2012-05-25, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
My knee-jerk response when looking at the screenshot of the female model was that it's not at a very flattering screenshot, but then I realized that's only because I've been conditioned by the overt sex appeal that nearly all video games use when designing female characters. It's refreshing to see a model that looks functional; wearing a uniform that looks like it was designed to actually perform the role we're supposed to believe that she performs.
Your wrong, they need more boobs.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ITOS
Corporal

The TR MAX looks mean.

The VS MAX looks sleek.

The NC MAX looks like it's going to pick up your tank, use it as a sledgehammer for a bit before crushing it like a beer can.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zekeen
Major

I actually see a VERY big problem with the NC MAX. While I love it like no other, the helmet section looks so vulnerable.

I understand that NC are supposed to be scavengers and such, but the head area looks so weak. You've got an exposed neck (though you can only see it very slightly, and the white cover looks and feels like cloth), and I REALLY wanted to see the rollover bars in the original design.

If they could just add some sort of black neck sleeve to make it seem less exposed, add in those awesome bars, and we'll have one HELL of an even MORE awesome NC MAX. You'd have to raise up the chest guard to be closer to the neck though, but it would make a cooler end result.

(I mean really, without those bars it looks like a FOOTBALL helmet)

Last edited by Zekeen; 2012-05-25 at 02:54 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
Not gonna lie, that was my first thought but Noxious is right about the conditioning with the overt sex appeal.

I think it will be nice (and good for the game) to not have females oversexualized. Females might feel more comfortable and less guys might play females...
Old 2012-05-25, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
It's nice that they're trying to differentiate the armors, but the VS MAX is just so thin that it doesn't look menacing at all. It looks like a scrawny 14 year old boy.
You say that now, but how will you feel when it sprints past you, does a 180 and ventilates your armor before you can turn around?

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
At least 3 times as many.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

The Gals are looking great. As for the NC Max...hehe, I like those solar panels on his back. Trying to be energy efficient. NC=Go Green.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

The MAX's Look great and so do the Female characters. I'm glad to see they are still in.

Old 2012-05-26, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
ichebu
Private

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
Absolutely badass. At least until you slap a Hello Kitty texture on it... :P
Is my wife doing it right? (a picture of her airsoft rifle)

Originally Posted by FIREk View Post
I think the NC MAX could use the whole "cage" around the helmet, which we've seen in the concept art.

The TR MAX looks just plain MENACING with those goggles!

And I love it how the ladies are reasonably proportioned, rather than having huge honka-honkas that the common male gamers are accustomed to. Good thing that SOE hasn't caved to that level, unless they plan to add double-Ds as a customization for monies... ;O
Couldn't agree more. The MAXes are awesome (at least the one *cough*TR*cough* that matters), and the female models are great. I'm into the "health and fitness" industry, and the female models look more suited to realistic athletic cross-trained women that would be in the military - a look I personally find gorgeous.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game, everything is looking (and sounding) fantastic.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion