Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-07-10, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SouthernGoods
Corporal

Re: Need a crew

Originally Posted by Kouza View Post
The-BWC.com , The Black Widow Company

Simply put you can join a new group, a questionable group or an outright zergfit...

=OR=

A group with a long history of community, competitive game play and the ability to adapt and overcome in all games it has played.

It seems like you are an Infantry Grunt. That is our Focus, everyone here is a Rifleman first.

If you want to get an idea of how much we do go to the website and before hitting the forums check out the "BWC PLANETSIDE" Link. The two sections that will give you the best idea are the History Section and the TRFM. History is going to give you the basic idea of what we have been / are all about. TRFM is going to show you the tip of the iceburg of the work we did to perfect our play style in the Original Planetside.
Yea im NC but not going to lie when i was first looking into PS2 these guys seemed pretty organized... Turned sucky players into team players
Old 2012-07-10, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Buzz was simply giving the Op more information on our clan.
That is called recruitment whether you like it or not. Just because you aren't accepting members has nothing to do with it.

Oh... and pardon my question, but when did DT become elite?

Old 2012-07-10, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
facialhairhero
Private

Ahem, with all due respect Baneblade, a little bit of research reveals that this group known as "DT" has established something of a name for themselves. Granted I'm just a 'new guy' and wouldn't know an "elite" Planetside group from a hole in the ground, but after some forum digging, YouTube video watching, and wiki page reading, this particular clan appears to be, at the very least, an experienced group of players capable of accomplishment. Whether or not they are truly the "real deal" is not for me to determine, however their two members have made far greater account for themselves in this thread than you have, so I am more liable to take them at their word. Sorry friend.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Derp
Private

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
That is called recruitment whether you like it or not. Just because you aren't accepting members has nothing to do with it.

Oh... and pardon my question, but when did DT become elite?
when they joined AT's max squadron
Old 2012-07-10, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
facialhairhero
Private

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
1. Can you handle starting at the bottom of a chain of command?

2. Will you jump ship if theres a string of bad days?

3. Do you feel the need for your group to be doing something "tactical" all the time?
Forgive me for the delayed response, I intended to answer your questions sooner but got distracted by a shiny metal object on my desk.

1) Possessing authority within a group is of very little concern to me. I would actually prefer it if strong leadership was already in place. My philosophy has always been that a 'talented' collection of players should innately know how to handle themselves, hence those in a leadership role act more as facilitators than dictators. My ideal 'command structure' - one or two heads with everyone else holding essentially the same amount of rank (experience & tenure notwithstanding).

2. Define 'bad days.' Being on the losing end of competition? That will happen anywhere, unless you're a Spanish soccer (sorry, futbol) supporter, which unfortunately, I'm not. Or bad days in the sense of that nasty 'D' word, DRAMA. Yeah, I'm an adult, I turn a blind eye to that crap.

C. Tactical in the sense of accomplishing things in game to 'better the empire' ? Or tactical in the sense that, "hey we know how this game works and we know how most of our opposition thinks so we're going to do X and use weapon Y when situation Z arises in order to exploit you and get as many kills as we can in the process." Yeah, I'm the latter.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
proxy
Contributor
Sergeant

Originally Posted by facialhairhero View Post
Ahem, with all due respect Baneblade, a little bit of research reveals that this group known as "DT" has established something of a name for themselves. Granted I'm just a 'new guy' and wouldn't know an "elite" Planetside group from a hole in the ground, but after some forum digging, YouTube video watching, and wiki page reading, this particular clan appears to be, at the very least, an experienced group of players capable of accomplishment. Whether or not they are truly the "real deal" is not for me to determine, however their two members have made far greater account for themselves in this thread than you have, so I am more liable to take them at their word. Sorry friend.
Holy shit is this guy a shill?

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by proxy View Post
Holy shit is this guy a shill?
No, none of our guys would do that. I can say with honesty because we don't need to. This isn't an ego thing - we don't include people just to have players. Fitting in with our guys is as important as skill or numbers. That's the reason we say we don't publicly recruit - it's a large investment on our part to find the right players.

To the OP, it sounds like you have a good attitude and know what you want. There are some great groups out there, best of luck finding one that fits what you are looking for!

Last edited by jakaul; 2012-07-11 at 12:59 AM.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Translation: Only white males wanted.
We require in game characters to be white males as well...

:]
Old 2012-07-11, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
facialhairhero
Private

Yeah that's the ticket. Truth be told there are several clans that have put forth rather solid pedigrees and have henceforth sparked my interest. For instance, typing "Sturmgrenadier" in YouTube yields an aptly titled "Sturmgrenadier Planetside Video" amassing nearly 70,000 views, that is impressive. Word of mouth alone likely contributed to that total. If that wasn't enough, one of their members recently sent me a very personable PM detailing the clan and oh yeah, showing off a picture of the creative director of this very game sporting some of their attire, that is saying something.

Anyways, I am appreciative of those who have reached out to me, both via PM and through replies here. I'm just a guy who enjoys the competitive aspect of gaming and is in a (as it would appear) somewhat desperate search for like minded players. Let me reiterate, I am a male - not a woman pretending to be a male, not a fed, not a shill, and there are definitely no dead prostitutes in my freezer. In hindsight I should have just kept mum and made my own observations, but hey you can't knock a guy for being over-anxious (and part of that stems from my shear elation for a game of this magnititude finally being a "thing").

Admittedly Banebade's original reply on page one kind of rubbed me the wrong way, so perhaps that can serve for some
reasonable justification for my above post (proxy, talking to you here). But if im being honest with myself, after re-examining this entire thread, I'm wondering just how many esteemed PS veterans are sitting there thinking to themselves "Who the hell is this fresh mouthed punk with an even dumber user name than the other fresh mouthed punk." Apolgies if feathers have been rustled.

Edited for spelin

Last edited by facialhairhero; 2012-07-11 at 01:26 AM.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
jakaul
Sergeant

Being perfectly honesty, FHH (something about calling you facial doesn't seem right), the exploits of any outfit in PS1 don't really mean a whole lot. PS2 will be an entirely new game where the structure and mechanics will likely be far different than the original. I have a feeling all established groups will have to adapt in the new environment, just as groups from CoD, BF, Halo, etc will need to adapt.

My advice would be to seek out a group that fits your goals for how you see playing the game. Do you want to be a grunt in a huge group that moves slowly but with numbers? Do you want a small group that stays mostly clear of the zerg fight but works to disrupt the enemy empire? Maybe you want to fly most of the time and keep the ground troops safe.

That's the cool thing about this game - you get to find where you fit in.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Pella
Captain

EDIT: Just noticed your Pacific NW: We will be on a EU server. So i suggest looking at specifically US outfits.

Last edited by Pella; 2012-07-11 at 02:44 AM.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Guys this isn't the PS forums where the only topic is about the coolness factor of your outfit. Please don't make this a habit. I've already seen it in several threads. No reason to be doing this in a LFO thread especially.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hosp
First Sergeant

Forgive me for the delayed response, I intended to answer your questions sooner but got distracted by a shiny metal object on my desk.

1) Possessing authority within a group is of very little concern to me. I would actually prefer it if strong leadership was already in place. My philosophy has always been that a 'talented' collection of players should innately know how to handle themselves, hence those in a leadership role act more as facilitators than dictators. My ideal 'command structure' - one or two heads with everyone else holding essentially the same amount of rank (experience & tenure notwithstanding).

2. Define 'bad days.' Being on the losing end of competition? That will happen anywhere, unless you're a Spanish soccer (sorry, futbol) supporter, which unfortunately, I'm not. Or bad days in the sense of that nasty 'D' word, DRAMA. Yeah, I'm an adult, I turn a blind eye to that crap.

C. Tactical in the sense of accomplishing things in game to 'better the empire' ? Or tactical in the sense that, "hey we know how this game works and we know how most of our opposition thinks so we're going to do X and use weapon Y when situation Z arises in order to exploit you and get as many kills as we can in the process." Yeah, I'm the latter.
A. We're not huge, but we are currently a little to big for your ideal command structure. On Slower days while we have fewer on, we do follow that. When more members are on, it's "All Hail [Guy in Charge]"

B. Yes, bad as in the losing end of the competition. Happens to everyone, we don't want people who see us having a bad week jump ship cus they develop some preconceived notion we need to win 100% of the time.

3. Both.

Will PM you a brief note, but it seems like you're looking for a smaller outfit than us. Good luck on your search.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Toxin Radiers Has posted here we are not openly recruiting but we are its weird and i cant explain it So if you really for the coolest of the cool and elite of the 1337 join us at toxin raiders or just come hang out with us and get to know us!

Sig for details.
Old 2012-07-13, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Emperor
Corporal

I am in need of dedicated unit that is not afraid of competition. I will keep this brief and forgive me if I come off as a chest thumper, but I am an above average gamer and need an outfit that accommodates a more advanced level of play.
You actually sound like you'd fit well in the Darkside Empire. We're not PS1 vets, but we're veterans of competitive gaming. Our members have been playing FPS games for over 13 years, probably in every league you can think of from OGL to Cal. We're not elitists--we're very welcoming of everyone, and in the multitude of games we play we have both casual and competitive teams--but the majority of us have played on a higher level.

Planetside is going to be a whole new ballgame, there's nothing else like this out there, but having experience in competitive FPS is going to have a lot of things that carry over: skill, teamwork, discipline. You're automatically going to be more apt to calling, to knowing where you're supposed to be and what you're supposed to do (and relying on your teammates to know the same), and taking people out. These things are universal.

So, if that's your background, and you want to game with people who have that same high level experience, check us out at www.darkside-empire.com and see if we're for you.

Also, just to let you know, we're recruiting members from all over, but I'm in the pacific northwest myself.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit