Looking for VS outfit with real opportunity of advancement - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have your leader.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-07-14, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rodel
Sergeant

Looking for VS outfit with real opportunity of advancement

My name is Rodel and I played PS1 in 2006-08ish

26 yrs old

Ran with the Regiment and Wolfpack

Hey there. I'm dying to play PS2. I was an Officer in the Regiment, I was promoted from with in and my favorite memories were commanding gal drops and Max crashes.

I understand a lot of outfits have their officers pretty much already picked and never get open spaces so I'm looking for a more fluid group.

About me: I'm an adult. I'm nice to people and I walk away from drama. I'm not the kind of person who lets their ego get in the way. I'm not asking for promotion, just an outfit who promotes. No grandiose illusions of myself.

Transcript of my favorite PS moment: (No need to read this I'm just reliving the glory days.)

My squad of about 16 is decked out in full NC Max gear waiting in the tower lobby. We took a little break from the VS just to prove to the world that the NC Max was tactically superior and NC players just didn't know how to fight. (sorry NC guys). The TR had sanc locked the NC and the entire TR pop was confined to the base holding the NC for the third straight hour.

"Has everybody increased your turning sensitivity to max?" Everybody confirms.

"OK bunch up... Max run in 3... 2... 1... go!"

We slowly reach full speed. Me at the front, my squad stretching into single file making a bee line to the BD. In seconds we reach the door.

"Shields up!" and we all reach the BD with no hacker amongst us. We look rediculous. 16 Maxs crunched into the BD's alcove unable to open it, sprinting in place. One sec goes by, 2, 3, 4, and then a lone TRx soldier opens the door from the inside and 16 Maxs with shields up fly by him.

With the turning sensibility so high I couldn't aim for crap but at full sprint I could make a U turn on a dime. We fly through the twists and turns of the hallways. Buy the time anyone pulls out a deci they maybe have a shot on the last Max in line though his shields shrug it off.

We reach the tubes with only two of my guys carrying damage. Another TR character opens the door.

"Take it down," and we finally open fire. Tubes and Terminals go down and the entire TR army comes up from behind. My squad gets slaughtered. I step out of the tubes for just a sec with my remaining men only to renter and kill the glue guns that thought we had gone. Then I die.

The map comes up and I can see that the zerg had followed us in and we had won the base. 16 NC Maxs ran by VS officers accomplish in less then 5 min what the entire NC army couldn't in three hours. (None of the NC outfits were very active at that hour.)

I also screwed up pretty bad at times too

Last edited by Rodel; 2012-07-21 at 09:24 AM.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Emperor
Corporal

Re: Looking for VS outfit with real opportunity of advancement

Hello Rodel, you should definitely check out the Darkside Empire at www.darkside-empire.com if you're worried about something like an outfit already having their officers already picked out, and no chance to move up in the command chain and do things like command a squad.

We do things a lot differently; we're not PS1 vets, but we're longtime FPS vets, and our structure doesn't revolve around filling up our ranks with officers--in fact, we have no ranks. If you want to do the things you described in your favorite PS moment, that'd be something coming from you getting command certs for your squad and proving yourself as a member of our 'fireteams,' which are dynamic groups put together for specific purposes.

Definitely check us out if this is something you might be interested in. There's no real promotion from outside of the game, in terms of becoming an officer, then a higher-level officer; all that is going to be dependent on your certs in PS2, your skill, and gaining a rep that makes your squadmates want to follow you.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rodel
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Definitely check us out if this is something you might be interested in. There's no real promotion from outside of the game, in terms of becoming an officer, then a higher-level officer; all that is going to be dependent on your certs in PS2, your skill, and gaining a rep that makes your squadmates want to follow you.
Yea I'll check you guys out. Thanks.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
jepaul
First Sergeant

If your looking for advancement listen to this pod cast. I reference putting people in positions to succeed and casting a wide net to find the hidden gems.

Click on my sig below to take you to our web site where you can find additional information on our outfit. In addition you can find our recruitment thread within the vanu recruitment forum as well.
Old 2012-07-14, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Hey Rodel,

Toxin raiders is a organized squad based outfit with a structured ranking system with plenty of level of advancement, As of right now there is not a lot promotions going on because the game is not even out yet. But when the game comes out and if you put the time in and fit into our play style we would have no problem giving you a squad.
Old 2012-07-15, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rodel
Sergeant

Haha I opened this up at Starbucks and your pod cast opened to the terms of service for Starbucks Wifi.

My first thought was "a starbucks ran outfit... THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING"

I heard your pod cast and you guys seemed pretty good. You understood that PS2 is a game of adaptation that requires a variety of tactics which was a relief because I've seen too many outfits pigeon hole themselves into a narrow role that renders them useless 85% of the time.

Would you let me join your forums so I could interact with your members?
Old 2012-07-15, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doxy
Staff Sergeant

Hey Rodel.
Xen of Onslaught might be what you looking for.
Check them out http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=39862
or
http://www.xoohq.com/forums/misc.php?do=form&fid=38

They have plenty of opportunities for people who want to advance.
Old 2012-07-20, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rodel View Post
Would you let me join your forums so I could interact with your members?
Our forums and teamspeak are open to anybody that wants to game or just hang out with us. So yes, please do join us on our forums!

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty
Old 2012-07-20, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
iburnmycd
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rodel View Post
My first thought was "a starbucks ran outfit... THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING"
That's just one the few corporate sponsorships I've been working to secure Toxin in the last few months.

Originally Posted by Naz The Eternal View Post
Our forums and teamspeak are open to anybody that wants to game or just hang out with us. So yes, please do join us on our forums!
Please heed these directions. We're always welcome to random people dropping by and saying hi.
Old 2012-07-21, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Hey rodel, were a small outfit thats just getting started, we have plenty of room for advancement and could definitely use another officer. Heres our FAQ if you want to check us out. http://quantumdawn.enjin.com/forum/m...-questions-faq Were basically a group of friends that started an outfit and while were currently small, were in this for the long haul and will be here for many years to come. Wed love to have you join us. Either way best of luck finding the outfit youre looking for.
Old 2012-07-21, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Akadios
Sergeant

I am curious if you have real life military experience? Vanu Rangers are looking for adult leadership who are veterans. We do allow non-veteran Squad Leaders but to advance to Officer you must be a Veteran of the US Armed Forces. If you are and are interested in an organized outfit please go to www.vanurangers.com and/or check out our recruitment thread here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=43049
Old 2012-07-22, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rodel
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Akadios View Post
I am curious if you have real life military experience? Vanu Rangers are looking for adult leadership who are veterans. We do allow non-veteran Squad Leaders but to advance to Officer you must be a Veteran of the US Armed Forces. If you are and are interested in an organized outfit please go to www.vanurangers.com and/or check out our recruitment thread here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=43049
Sorry. My family is a military family(air force) but not I. I'm actually a teacher... weird thing is I teach religion... interested in a cursing religion teacher?
Old 2012-07-22, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
iburnmycd
Sergeant

I'm an ordained minister and I curse like a pirate... you know you're welcome with us
Old 2012-07-22, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Pinkie Pie
Corporal

well, i'd reccomend Darkside Empire... those guys are awesome.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

seriously, this whole list of outfits is filled with awesome. Just super friendly, fun people to work with in each of the above listings, you cannot go wrong, take your pick, you'll have a blast.

Choosing Vanu was the hard part, the rest is easy.

kp

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit