Gameplay: Central Command Centers - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Whores are Born.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-08-31, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Maelios
Private

Re: Central Command Centers

Thanks guys for replying, I love the ideas and will be submitting more soon.
Old 2013-09-17, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Maelios
Private

How do you guys think this could be incorporated into the new resource system?
Old 2013-09-22, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Darkard
Private

Jumbo Outfit A decides they want to run the show on Indar.
All their leaders run on down to the CCC and grab any spare Command Seats (Pro Tip: There will never be any. but for the sake of this example there are some)
They vote out any non-outfit commanders so that their own members can fill the seats.
Anything that the outfit does not like is slammed by them and their full CCC of outfit members.
They use OS's only to support their own Outfit.

Ok, a cert requirement for getting to use the CCC? 500 certs is nothing and everyone will have CCC certed just so they can Huur Duur in the Command chairs.

Commanders and Faction Leaders given their leadership ability by being "MLG Pro" and farming the crap out of a spawn room is a bad thing.
They know nothing of how a fight is to be lead and won.

Voting systems that can be easily swayed by just getting all your buddies to vote the way you want is a bad thing.
Imagine every Force Commander being the BuzzCut of your server, shouting and cursing to get his own way, just because he has the biggest zergfit.
Old 2013-10-09, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Maelios
Private

Originally Posted by Darkard View Post
Jumbo Outfit A decides they want to run the show on Indar.
All their leaders run on down to the CCC and grab any spare Command Seats (Pro Tip: There will never be any. but for the sake of this example there are some)
They vote out any non-outfit commanders so that their own members can fill the seats.
Anything that the outfit does not like is slammed by them and their full CCC of outfit members.
They use OS's only to support their own Outfit.

Ok, a cert requirement for getting to use the CCC? 500 certs is nothing and everyone will have CCC certed just so they can Huur Duur in the Command chairs.

Commanders and Faction Leaders given their leadership ability by being "MLG Pro" and farming the crap out of a spawn room is a bad thing.
They know nothing of how a fight is to be lead and won.

Voting systems that can be easily swayed by just getting all your buddies to vote the way you want is a bad thing.
Imagine every Force Commander being the BuzzCut of your server, shouting and cursing to get his own way, just because he has the biggest zergfit.
I found that this thread mostly focused on Orbital Strikes as opposed to the mechanics of the CCC. Here's the Official forums thread that swung the other way, I believe it should answer your question.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/....116126/page-2
Old 2013-10-22, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Orisoll
Private

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
I can't say I particularly like any of those blast patterns.

For TR it should be like a point-to-point Warthog strafing run, with NC it should be random over a fixed radius, and then for VS it should be a fixed radius that works inwards to the center. That would thus make each orbital strike unique and thorough, based on the empires' own tactics.
I like this idea, though it may make some OS's more effective than others. Straight lines will always be more efficient and predictable than random clusters or spirals.
Old 2014-06-24, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GNN
Private

bump.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault