When You take a Base You will... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: �io hates me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: After you take a base, what will you do?
Defend the base, mostly interior 6 11.11%
Defend the base, mostly exterior 7 12.96%
Defend the base, regional zone defense 13 24.07%
Stay on the offensive, retake this one when it falls 5 9.26%
Stay on the offensive, keep moving when one falls 7 12.96%
Split forces between defense and offense 2 3.70%
Depends on __________(???) 9 16.67%
Something else entirely (???) 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-02-07, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

put mines and turrets around the gen and hacking station and leave to go snipe some more.
Old 2003-02-07, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
txMaddog
Corporal

Throw up a layered Defense (mines, turrets, patrols, etc) and send a scout to the nearest 2 bases to check on their Defenses. Call for re-inforcement to hold what we got.

If one bases D is lacking and no signs of counter-attack coming we attack that base leveling maybe 1-2 guys behind to hold the base until we can get back if it is attacked.

If both bases look weak we attack one and tell others in our Empire about the other one so that they can atack it.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-02-07, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
SKAHT
Private

From the screenshots the bases look pretty big, I don't think just one squad could defend it properly. I think you would need to brief the losing installation (being the one you just left) that the gaining installatioin (being the one you just sieged) is now friendly controlled, and to feel free to advance. Once other squads start moving in, you could roll out. Who wants to spend three hours killing and maiming to gain some territory, just to piss it away because they left to quick. Also, I see bases as being the HQ for some of the bigger outfits. "The (insert outfit of your choice here), are based out of Ft. X located on the continent of Y". Anybody with me on that?
Old 2003-02-07, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

oh ya, i can see some bases being the hqs of some large outfits as well, or even small outfits sharing a home, etc... =) That is a very good point, and I haven�t thought of that, but now that you mentioned it, it makes a lot of sense =) Not that the outfit will always coordinate form there, but some sorta nostalgia to it, to defend/assault it over the rest, or a log on meeting spot, etc. I can see that happening =)
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-07, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
txMaddog
Corporal

I think as time goes on certain Outfits (Clans/Guilds) will 'claim' a base as their main HQ. IMHO this will happen so that people will know where to find them to either join them or just cause they like to play with them.

Heck if the game is around long enough (at it probably will be) you might see the bigger Outfits (100+ people) 'claim' entire continants.

I think it would be cool if there was some in-game way to 'claim' a base, even if all it did was put your Outfit's logo on the base's flags and stuff.

West Coast Planetside Server
"If it's not Flashy and in High Style then what's the point?!?!" - B.D.N.
Old 2003-02-07, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Kyonye
Contributor
General

i would say leave 3/4 of the soldiers at the base and move on with the rest of them. lets be hoping that the 1/4 of the troops meet up with some other troops.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-07, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SKAHT
Private

I think outfits claming bases is a double edged sword. If your in that crew, then you always have a place to hang your hat. You know, a place to regroup. However, I think outlaw clans (especially that have been together for awhile) may be assholes about it. Going as far as treating it as an "off-limits" for folks outside the outfit. I'm guessing that could cause some stigma. Something else I've been thinking about is "provisional" outfits. Kind of like a Joint Task Force in the military. An armor heavy outfit teaming up with a air assasult outfit, for the purpose of single or multiple attacks against a base or series of bases. The only way to do it right, would be temporarily merge the two outfits under one flag, for command and control porposes. Anybody got a take on that?

By the way Maddog, you have got a good point. However, I think you would need one helluva an outfit to claim a continent. Sturmgrenidier (spelling?) Is claming 450+ active members, and are all ready siding with the New Conglomerate (although judging by the politics I'd say they would be more comfortable in the Empire). Anyway, with a 450 man unit, I think they would have trouble claming a continent as home. Can you imagine the flack they would take from other empires. They would be first on my "Groups to Overrun" List. This however, would be a great reason to from a provisional outfit.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion