Outfit bases - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get down! They're throwing rubber duckies!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-04, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
I guess if every outfit had thier own base there wouldn't be much fighting going on.
Yeah but then you'd want 2 bases... and then 3

But the current number of bases available means that OBO would be as much intra-empire fighting as inter-empire fighting.
Old 2004-10-04, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Well, if theirs something wrong fix it.

If everybody thinks OBO is a waste of time then we need to add more incentives to it. What if the OBO gave you more exp for kills inside its SOI ( something like 2x exp.) and maybe if it gave you access to outfit specific items ( if there were outfit specific items ). What if you could customize your own base for better defence (at the cost of Outfit Points). How about while inside your Outfit Base's SOI you get a health boost, armor boost and maybe a smaller cone of fire. Add in faster respawn time to the outfit that owns the base. Have the abilty to buy empire specific wall turrets ( at the cost of outift points ). Vechicles bought by the outfit at their Outfit Base get armor and weapons bonus that can only be used on that continent.

I mean come on people dont scrap such a good idea. The damn thing hasn't got out of dev's head and your already bad mouthing it. OBO is so early in devolopment that we could change what ever we want, add want ever we want. I think OBO would cut down Zerging only because if some one was attacking your base your would get a message saying "Your Oufit Owned Base is under attack". Causing People to break off the assult and go save there base.

I want OBO.

Quote: Emperor Mengsk "I will rule this sector and everything in it or see it burnt to ashes around me"
Old 2004-10-04, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

It's hardly early in development
Old 2004-10-04, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

hm... i agree that OBO isn't, in hindsight, a good idea.

outfit airships aren't a good idea either, as far as gameplay goes, because not everybody utilizes aircraft/would benefit.

however, it's mad fun to think about.

anybody play crimson skies? i imagine outfit airships to be the zeppelins of the game, supporting the outfit's 'air force', including the ability to park/launch mosquitos, and lodestar-esque ability to reload/repair all aircraft while airborne.

also, heavy cannon-style weapons, so they could engage in broadside fights between other airships, with the assistance of their respective small aircraft fleets.

i really wanna draw this up. hayoo, you around?

anyway, i see this as an additional change to gameplay, and not in a good way: it would draw the most powerful, organized, and influential outfits away from the "daily grind" of base assaults and up into the skies, resulting in outfit conflicts instead of empire conflicts. (i can see, for example, azure twilight and the 666 developing a rivalry via a series of airship conflicts)
Old 2004-10-04, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Red October
Second Lieutenant

This is a very, very bad idea. There are no "real" benefits (as you can just bind yourself for respawning) nor would I advocate the leadership in the outfit I belong, to spend outfit points on something relatively useless.

Furthermore, this could lead to some abnormal chest thumping. If two outfits want a base, and both are in the CC, guess whats happening....TK fest. The losing outfit will be bitter and will shoot the winner in the field of battle, which will be detrimental to everyone in the empire.

Outfits purchasing "towers" or "outfit buildings" with enhanced facilities (announcement board, enemy weapon pool bin, garage for enemy vech's, etc.) in the sanctuary is far better way to spend points and a better way to increase communication and cooperation amongst the outfits. Base ownership just makes me not want to be in an outfit in case to the TK scenario.

Edit: Also, this could lead to more CR5 spam...."ABC Outfit is TK'ing because we got to a base first, kill them on sight" "NO, they TK'd us with our backs turned as we were about to claim ownership, and we took the base ourselves, kill them on sight"

This In-concept idea needs to severely re-worked or shelved.

Last edited by Red October; 2004-10-04 at 03:29 PM.
Old 2004-10-04, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well it has been shelved for months
Old 2004-10-04, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hayoo
Contributor
PS Idea Lab

Originally Posted by Atlas24
Anyways, outfit owned bases would be quite pointless, there are not enough benefits to them.
Maybe this?

Old 2004-10-04, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I would prefer mobile bases to fixed bases for OBO. But I still think airships would be the best bet.

Old 2004-10-04, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Nice ideas Hayoo
Old 2004-10-04, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by Black
Nice ideas Hayoo
Indeed.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-10-04, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghandi90
Private

Heres a treat...In game type /outfitrecall you will get a refreshing notice!
{No this is not a trick}
Old 2004-10-04, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

What does that do exactly?

Old 2004-10-05, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

its probably just like if you do /who(insert continent name here) where it says you don't have permission to do that
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion