Pounder__Exploit__going LIVE!?!? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: S'all pink!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-17, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The grenades would have to take a left at Albuquerque.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-17, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
DHoff
Corporal

I will try it when the thing is finished patching, I will make a fraps video and prove that it can be done.
Old 2004-02-17, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jagd
Major

Sweet, I am taping the twenty to my monitor right now.
Old 2004-02-17, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
PhyreFox
Private

Talking

Ma' own findings...
We were testing the secondary fire mode on the pounder the other day by having it stand outside the tower door, and fire in down around the corner into the basement (and they exploded there, so I don't see how it could come all the way down the tower, it's gotta be too far :P )

Anywho, we had him lock down and start shooting in, trying to bounce them around as much as possible and spam the basement, and we were actually able to avoid taking more than a few scratches of damage by ducking under the grenade stream (they fly too fast to bounce around a lot) on both staircases and coming out with Decimators.

The splash damage seems negligable, I was taking at most 10-15 armor damage from splash, and about 25 from direct hits. No health loss Any bunch of guys in RExo or Agile with some Deci's should be able to get up there and blast the pounder. It's not so hot for spamming infantry anymore, that's fer sure. (Except perhaps in larger numbers, but then again, what isn't?)

On a side note, I like the DC a lot now (murderous up close), the short time i spent rampaging around in one it reminded me of doing the same in my scatterMAX on Emerald. I like the DC and pounder a lot the new way they are, I bet the pounder will rock for bridge fights! ^.^

Peace
Old 2004-02-17, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Visor
Sergeant

Its one of the things the devs are going to fix on the live servers
Old 2004-02-19, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

Here we go again, round and round....

A quote from one other *cough* Noobhammer *cough* empire recently. Use skill and tactics to get round it.

Don't start crying for a nerf already, just learn to deal with it. Could be worse, you could be TR and have the shit end of the stick handed to you each end every day. It's common knowlege that the weakest empire is currently the TR and we are finally getting a patch that addresses our issues and means we can fight on a level playing field.

Note, the devs did not really nerf the JH, just made it difficult for noobsters to get easy kills.
Old 2004-02-19, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Nah, think I was just spooked by the quick release of the patch. (And stranded without my OF account)

Isn't quite as bad as I thought. However it's still can do a number on backdoors.

And easily hit spawn room terminals while standing outside of a tower.

Either way, VS will now kick ass

So Bring it :P
Old 2004-02-19, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The AI damage of the pounder is laughable and TR MAX suits still have to lock down to do get onpar TTK whit the other factions MAX suits. They still blow, simple as that. Whit the exception of the Burster MAX, only one worth having.

Course SJ has made numerous posts bout them and is even asking the community for ideas now. Course he also said that he'll consider changes after we've played round some more whit the MAXs, but hey shouldn't be a problem since they're still fundamentally flawed.

G'damnit i shouldn't have to bloody lock down to get the same TTK as a Quasar.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion