Radiator - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Me no function PSU well without.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-26, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

I think the prequel should be something like a thumper and a radioactive pile of glop fell in love and had a child and it was the radiator, now while still a young....thing, it got picked on by all the other young things because it wasn't really a thumper or a radioactive pile of glop, then one day it flew away before the wormhole opened and found Auraxis with the help of magical trevor (see here) and met the vanu and they were all like "With this weapon we could be the leet." and they all agreed one day however the vanu disappeared leaving the newly named Maelstrom behind, then the wormhole opened and down came all those things that had previously shunned him and wanted their help and however instead of taking sides in the growing war he decided to become a mercenary, working for the power that came from the weapons modules that provided him with his much needed.........um I dunno, and then yeah end of the prequel

EDIT: Almost forgot down with punctuation up with the Anti-Disestablishment Committee on Un-American Activities

Last edited by ORANGE; 2004-09-26 at 06:48 PM.
Old 2004-09-26, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Magical Trevor is my new hero.

/Deep Theatrical Tone of Voice:
When a magical glop and a thumper fall in love without their parent's permission, and have unprotected sex, a child is born!

The outcast, the rejected, the radiator. This unwanted radiator embarks on a journey filled with action, adventeur, fear, and love. See it in theaters fall, 2000never.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-09-26, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

look at him now dissapearing a cow
Old 2004-09-26, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MrShooter
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
Radiating an AMS is mad fun for the whole family.

So are galaxys that are being loaded
Old 2004-09-26, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Effective Radiator tactic - switch to secondary fire mode and fire it at a wall turret. It kills the men inside. Setting up multiple pain fields is a solid tactic - it ignores armor and goes straight to health. I believe it can also kill troops inside a vehicle as well.

Secondary fire fires the weapon in a straight-line trajectory and the projectile clings. Can't go wrong with that.
Old 2004-09-26, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Firefly
Effective Radiator tactic - switch to secondary fire mode and fire it at a wall turret. It kills the men inside. Setting up multiple pain fields is a solid tactic - it ignores armor and goes straight to health. I believe it can also kill troops inside a vehicle as well.

Secondary fire fires the weapon in a straight-line trajectory and the projectile clings. Can't go wrong with that.
true. I like the radiator for its unsurpassed useage as a suppression weapon. nothing keeps enemies where you want them quite like a radiator; snipers, camps, MAXes, you name it.
Old 2004-09-27, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Couple of points about the radiator:

1. Only fire in secondary mode
2. They work great on AMSs and Flails (gets them to undeploy and move).
3. You wont get a lot of kills (I killed all of maybe 1 flail and 1 wall turret gunner)
4. You attract attention away from the grunts (for some reason you attract attention and draw fire)
5. It's a great area denial weapon. Not for just back doors, but walls and ridgelines too. I like to fire them on secondary mode all along the top of a wall, it keeps the defenders well back. Also, radiators are made for defending tech plant vehicle bays.

In general, I think SOE goofed it on SA. Once they took the Deci away, they took most people reasons for certing SA. True, thumper is a good weapon (as is the rocklet). Radiator is a good too. But, there are really no great "gotta have" weapons in the lot. Now, if you where to allow radiator damage to stack, then you would see lots more radiators and lots more SA certs (not to mention, lots more weapons locks )

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-09-27, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Atlas24
Corporal

End Of Story.

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-09-27, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

I heard an idea about taking the maelstrom chain-lash nades, nerfing them a bit, placing them onto the radiator as an alternate fire mode, and then buffing the vortex whip of the maelstrom to compensate. I rather like the idea.

I use the radiator pretty effectively sometimes, again, its not a weapon made for kills but combined with a thumper you can put on some serious hurt. Radiator field to sort of push and herd the enemy back to where you want them, and then Thumper to inflict some serious pain. Works great indoors. Same tactic works well when people are firing at you from a walltop.

I have had 2 great experiences with the Radiator. 1 was killing an full Prowler crew with Radiator fields in the Caverns. The second happened last week, when someone broadcasted that a VS MAX Crash was heading towards the back door, so I laid about 10 fields along the hallway of the back door. By the time the dozen or so VS MAX entered the inside of the base, they all had less than 50 health.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2004-09-27 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2004-09-27, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I dont use the Maelstrom except for rare circumstances. The MCG has faster TTK up close and just shreds foes. The Maelstrom takes longer to kill and the grenades chew threw ammo and really only seem to be effective at suppression. I like the use of the Radiator but gave up SA long ago
Old 2004-09-27, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Maelstrom is great, if you have a mod in the SOI. Otherwise, it's an ammo hog. Also, if your not very careful, it is the ultimate grief machine. Good way to get weapons lock in just a few minutes.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-09-29, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
DMX7
Corporal

I understand all of you, I would still love to have like a third firing mode shooting little balls of energy ammo (that the readiator uses :P) the balls would inflict alot of damage but have a slow rate of fire.
Old 2004-09-29, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Spee
Colonel

Know whats awesome?

Grabbing your HA weapon, and bullrushing down the hallway filled with radiator fields. You win almost every time, if tis just one or two guys.
Old 2004-09-30, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Cauldron Borne
Captain

know what's also awesome? firing your own Radiator balls down the hallways and watch as the guys at the other end TK each other because they think the other guy is doing it....fun.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-10-01, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

roflmao.

That used to be 10 times worse when you couldnt see the pain field
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion