Support MAX? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I hope this has taught you kids a lesson: kids never learn.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-29, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Cauldron Borne
The guys on PSU have a habit of shutting down what we consider bad ideas fast and hard, lest said ideas get to the devs and fuck up the game (it's happened before). Thus do I explain away our rudeness on this matter.
Too bad that didn't happen with CC.

Old 2004-09-29, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

no. no REKs at least. If you give a MAX a rek, the nyou defeat the purpose of every other armor class. period.

I'd say no to all of these, actually. MAXes are SUPOSED to be specialized COMBAT armors. they were INTENTIONALLY given only one function: Combat. If you give them support roles, especially a REK, what point to the other armors? Cloakers? screw that, 650 armor makes up for invisibility any day. AV? hell, i'll just pund the shit outta you with my MAX, and have my three support MAXes healing me the whole time. See what I mean?
Exactly. Although I think it would be interesting to see how a FULL support MAX would work. Like if it had the abilities of Adv med, engineering, and hacking. But had NO weapons what so ever.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-09-29, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The guys on PSU have a habit of shutting down what we consider bad ideas fast and hard, lest said ideas get to the devs and fuck up the game (it's happened before). Thus do I explain away our rudeness on this matter.
Believe it or not, but developers are capable of making decisions on their own. I don't know what makes people think the devs are at the whim of the community, because they aren't. Sometimes people have a good idea, or sometimes their gripes reflect an actual problem with the game. In those cases the actions of the devs line up with what people may have said in the past, but that doesn't mean the developers didn't actually think about it themselves. Shitty ideas won't make it into the game because they're shitty ideas. How long they survive on a secondary forum like this is not an issue.
Old 2004-09-30, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If shitty ideas don't make it into the game, how do you explain 99% of the mmo market?

Old 2004-09-30, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

99% of the MMO market?
Old 2004-09-30, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Cauldron Borne
Captain

You would be wrong, WarBorn. While the Devs ARE capable of making their own decisions, if they, like any business, want to make it, they have to follow the golden rule: The customer is always right. If they sensible (for the most part) people on PSU SAY that an idea is stupid, then it likely is, no matter how the Devs try to hide it. CC is a case in point. Quite a few people here opposed some of the CC stuff the DAY it came out. They opposed the flail, the all too powerful hand-held flail, and how the stuff that needed fixing (*cough Router *cough) should be fixed. we find today that we were right. Mebbe the Devs should listen? yeah...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-10-01, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

First off, what's wrong with the Router? Second, about the flails. Prior to CC everyone was begging for artilery and how the devs are stupid for not adding it, then it goes in the game, and not one person bitches about anything more then the flail. Lastly, I very rarely see one person speek positivly about the devs. So somone thinks a few vehicles or weapons were screwed up, so they make it known to everyone. Few people realize that the people they bitch about MADE THIS GAME, the game wich many are so devoted to and spend money on.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-10-01, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Lartnev

99% of the MMO market?
Could be 98%.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion