Ok now with poll - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't you smell that!?!?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

View Poll Results: What Card do you think i should get?
ATI X800 pro 6 37.50%
Xtasy X800 pro 1 6.25%
E-Geforce 6800gt 9 56.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-08-31, 06:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Got an X800 Pro yesterday. Had the magical SKU I was looking for so thought what the hell. I opened the box, saw the vivo cables and was very pleased. Looked at the board, and has the yellow connector on the rear of the card. Sweet. Checked the ram on both sides of the card, 1.6 ns! W00t!

Haven't flashed it yet, as after installing it I lost my magical 1280x720 HD resolution.... grrrrr. Spent a few hrs working on that and gave up... man having a wide screen is nice but a major pain sometimes. Hopefully can get it back today, then see how this thing cranks up. At default speeds though I did put it through a quick DM3 bench... I was not impressed though
Old 2004-08-31, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

not impressed, it's still going to be better than what you had before

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-08-31, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lise
Second Lieutenant

The freaking GT. At stock speeds it DEMOLISHES a X800 PRO anyway. The 6800 GT is the hottest hardware to come out of NVidia in years.
Old 2004-08-31, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Disconnecting
First Sergeant

GT is way better then the ultra which is $500~$550 plus you get put on a list were 10 people are randomly picked per week to get one.

The GT is $400~$450 + $20~$40 fan to oc it to the same exact thing as the ultra.
Old 2004-08-31, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Actually the Pro only hit like 34 fps at 1024x768 with high settings in dm3 at 2.8 on my cpu. My 9800 Pro was almost the same speed, 32fps with same settings. I've now flashed the gigabyte bios opening up the other 4 pipes and then the final xt bios and set speeds to 525 core / 560 mem. This is stable for gaming and no locks, but 3dmark is still crashing out late into test, so something still up. Tempatures are very nice and cool, 38 or so idle, 60's at load. Now getting about 46 fps at 3.2 ghz, so defintely better. Not that big a deal, as dm3 is not its game. Cranked up some Tribes Vengance and its through it like buttah baby. Very pleased overall with the card, can't wait for some hl2 on it.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum