Democratic Outfit: Discussion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu, the other white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would a democratic outfit work?
Yes 6 33.33%
No 12 66.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-01-26, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Democratic Outfit: Discussion

I was thinking today, it would be cool if there was a democratic outfit, like the leader was chosen every month or something and the leader would choose how to sructure the outfit and such. There would have to be something to keep the leader in check, a "constitution" of some sort. I was thinking maybe I would be the "constitution" (the official leader of the outfit and can demote him if he goes out of bounds) but that might cause problems of the leader not feeling really in control. I don't know, it might work it might not, I think it would be interesting to try.

Thoughts, ideas, etc.?
Old 2005-01-26, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I think most outfits operate on a democratic basis already. If you don't like the way the outfit runs, you vote with your feet. Also, most of the bigger outfits already have bylaws of somekind.

As far as the voting goes, yeah it could work, as long as your outfit membership supported it. Give it a try, start one up, then give us an update on how it's going!

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2005-01-26, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Sounds good. In the past one of the best way I've learned to lead a big group of people is to have more then one leader. Just have a council, everyone has an opinion.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2005-01-27, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The Terran Republic would never allow it

tbh outfit leadership tends to be more of an administrative role than an absolute power deal, so I don't think it matters much
Old 2005-01-27, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Depends on your definition of "work". I don't anticipate such an Outfit would have good member retention at all.
Old 2005-01-28, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Well for one i think a democratic outfit is kinda how all outfits are run, or atleast ours. Our leader is more of a representative and the officers make the calls based on what everyone else says and what they think regarding those ideas. To be changin structure every month could cause some problems but maybe every 3 or 6 months wouldnt be bad as it may bring some more interest as there is a constant change.
Old 2005-01-28, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

I might work
But you'd need a facilitated way of voting.

And without some outside program to do that, I can't see it working.
Old 2005-01-28, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by slytiger
Well for one i think a democratic outfit is kinda how all outfits are run, or atleast ours. Our leader is more of a representative and the officers make the calls based on what everyone else says and what they think regarding those ideas.
But could he be voted out of the Outfit if that's what everyone wanted? Would he resign if that's what got the majority of votes? If not, then it's not a democracy, it's just a very considerate dictatorship (like many Outfits).
Old 2005-01-28, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Yea I was thinkin that about the one month thing too, here's the only feedback Ive goten on the OF =/

Originally Posted by Xyther
Meh, sounds alright. All power to ya kid, not many "different" outfits nowadays
Originally Posted by None_Such
I would like the ability of " voting " in an outfit it would cause the nice possiblity of uprisings and such
Originally Posted by Cyphr189
Vote Cyphr189 for Outfit Leader!
Slanderous Commercials about your rivals?
Conservative players will dominate the voting process?
Equal voting rights?
Ballot or Electronic Voting?
How are you going to make the voting districts?
Minorities/women/children allowed to vote?

Or how about this one.... Maybe only a few players actually log in every day and see who is a good leader/planner yet those who only play once a month have an equal vote?

Sounds like a popularity contest to me. Kudos if you can make it work though, although I doubt someone would create an outfit, organize it, and get all the ground work set for it just to step down and see someone else destroy it who wasn't qualified as much but just elected into position.
Old 2005-01-31, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DraygoKorvan
Private

In battle, there is no time for voting.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion