*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Help! Hamma has chained me to a keyboard to write these quotes!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-09, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Zar
Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by james View Post
I feel if you don't have a pc gamer code, a twitter code or a PS1 vet, i would say the chances are low to get an email unless they want to majorly stress test before open beta.

But the problem if they don't let everyone with a pc gamer code in there is going to be a hell storm i have seen people paying 40-100 dollars for these codes.
i doubt all the pc gamer keys will get in. i doubt any of the medium in which the keys are going out will get everyone in on the first wave vets *rough guess* is around 50,000 if people take the keys and depending how they view *vet* for ps1 pc gamer sold ALOT of copy's way more then 50,000 and twitter well i think they are the last to get in least i hope no offense to the twitter guys just don't think posting a pic of a cat and getting key makes you more qualified to beta test a game when there are people who played its big brother for 9 years >.< imo at least.

Last edited by Zar; 2012-06-09 at 02:17 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
i doubt all the pc gamer keys will get in. i doubt any of the medium in which the keys are going out will get everyone in on the first wave vets *rough guess* is around 50,000 if people take the keys and depending how they view *vet* for ps1 pc gamer sold ALOT of copy's way more then 50,000 and twitter well i think they are the last to get in least i hope no offense to the twitter guys just don't think posting a pic of a cat and getting key makes you more qualified to beta test a game when there are people who played its big brother for 9 years >.< imo at least.

50K? I kind of doubt that, even if there were there are vets who have moved on in life and don't even have the same email on the station account anymore. I would more wager a guess any one that is active in the game right now is probably in because they have an active account with an email they check.

They also don't want all vets, because they are trying to break away from a lot of the old stuff and put some newer features into the game. They want fresh players to test those out without a bias towards the old way. If they make a good game, even if the vets don't like it at all, it's going to grow and be huge.

I am a new player to the game and I can already tell with the gunner tank driver thing, and spawn mechanics and the like that you guys are railing against that you are probably going to be highly disappointed in the game. So that's why they are passing out all the keys they want fresh eyes looking at it.

So if your a vet and the guy with the cat picture on twitter gets in beta before you, and they listen to his feedback if he posts it now you know why.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
alphalegend
Private

i'm more concerned with when the beta actually begins....they're switching their answers around a little if you look at the FB page :P
Old 2012-06-09, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
50K? I kind of doubt that, even if there were there are vets who have moved on in life and don't even have the same email on the station account anymore. I would more wager a guess any one that is active in the game right now is probably in because they have an active account with an email they check.

They also don't want all vets, because they are trying to break away from a lot of the old stuff and put some newer features into the game. They want fresh players to test those out without a bias towards the old way. If they make a good game, even if the vets don't like it at all, it's going to grow and be huge.

I am a new player to the game and I can already tell with the gunner tank driver thing, and spawn mechanics and the like that you guys are railing against that you are probably going to be highly disappointed in the game. So that's why they are passing out all the keys they want fresh eyes looking at it.

So if your a vet and the guy with the cat picture on twitter gets in beta before you, and they listen to his feedback if he posts it now you know why.
PC gamer keys, PS1 vets and Fan Faire 2011 atendees will get piority access. So every vet who signed up for the beta will get in in the beginning of the beta procces. I don't know where you got the ''They also don't want all vets'' part from. Also, I don't know if the keys that have been given away on facebook and twitter count as piority access. Since they said on twitter:

@planetside2 Can you confirm that keys you're giving away are a higher priority than the priority keys from PC Gamer/being a PS1 veteran?

@flatlinedreams - They do not have priority access! Vets/PC Gamer do! [Danicia]
https://twitter.com/planetside2/stat...23595086020608

And yes, they are breaking away from some old stuff. But that doesn't mean they are only making the game for the BF, CoD crowd etc. It is still Planetside. And there is nothing wrong with PlanetSide players having a little bias. They know what a MMOFPS is, and how it plays. And can give advice accordingly if things are going to work. Something could work in a game with 64 players, but not in a game with 2000 players. Also as said on a Reddit Q&A:

Q: I know it's probably too early to give any exact answers, but I was wondering: How large is the initial beta wave expected would be? Considering how many copies of PC Gamer sold, and how many PS1 vets there are, how will players be prioritized as to who gets in first? Will opt-in sign ups even have a chance at getting in until much later?
A: Not totally sure how large the initial beta wave will be. Probably in the hundreds - thousand range. That prioritized queue is a pool, so we'll pull from that pool until it's empty. This will all be based on our project needs. Beta is a really important tool for us on the game dev side and we need to be sure that we're getting our needs met so that we can make the best game possible. Opt-in signups will be invited later, again, as needed.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...dit-qa-107.htm

So every vet and PC gamer key is coming in before the people who signed up for the beta without being a vet or entered a key. I am still not sure if the keys that are given away on twitter and facebook are piority keys, because people entering those keys where told that those were piority keys on , but that twitter post contradicts that. And there is nothing wrong with new players testing the game. Absolutely not. Since a lot of those people are going to play this game. But this game is called PlanetSide 2. A sequel to PlanetSide 1. So there is nothing wrong with lots of PS1 players giving feedback about the game. And it is not like we don't want anything to change. The fact that we want some things different in this game that isn't in recently released games. Isn't necessarily a bad thing

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-09 at 02:59 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Zar
Sergeant

I actual like the driver gunner thing =x but i would like to see an option to give the heavy gun to a 3rd person as load out deal when you can change the guns and stuffs =3. spawn mechanics could use a bit of work but they aren't bad i like big battles faster people spawn they longer they last thats cool to me =3. and the 50k was a rough number and thats a rough number for the number of planetside 1 players i have no idea how they are viewing vets out of the number of ps1 players it could be bought the game 6 months of play or 9 years i have no idea >.<.

Last edited by Zar; 2012-06-09 at 02:57 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
PC gamer keys, PS1 vets and Fan Faire 2011 atendees will get piority access. So every vet who signed up for the beta will get in in the beginning of the beta procces. I don't know where you got the ''They also don't want all vets'' part from. Also, I don't know if the keys that have been given away on facebook and twitter count as piority access. Since they said on twitter:

What I am saying is all the vets won't be playing cause some played years ago and may not even use the same email anymore nor care about it either.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Tarconus
Corporal

I actual like the driver gunner thing =x but i would like to see an option to give the heavy gun to a 3rd person as load out deal when you can change the guns and stuffs =3 spawn mechanics could use a bit of work but they aren't bad i like big battles faster people spawn they longer they last thats cool to me =3
It's cool to you but look at the numerous threads in this forum, that's why I can already tell the amount of unhappy people will probably be a lot.
Old 2012-06-09, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Zar
Sergeant

It's cool to you but look at the numerous threads in this forum, that's why I can already tell the amount of unhappy people will probably be a lot.
well nothing is set in stone yet for either side of the argument games change in beta ALOT even more so in closed so will just see =3 im just happy planetside 2 is even going this was an idea and rumor 5 years ago <--- so happy.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
bjorntju1
Captain

What I am saying is all the vets won't be playing cause some played years ago and may not even use the same email anymore nor care about it either.
Yes I know what you ment. But I was responding to the: ''They also don't want all vets,'' part.

I see a lot of positive reactions to the game coming from PS1 players. As I said, this game is a sequel to PS1. PS1 was my favorite game I ever played, and i LOVE how PS2 has become. There is nothing wrong with changing some things that old planetside players want. I understand that this game needs to be ''modernized'' and I fully support that. But there is nothing wrong with taking some features from the old PS.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-09 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
Tarconus
Corporal

well nothing is set in stone yet for either side of the argument games change in beta ALOT even more so in closed so will just see =3 im just happy planetside 2 is even going this was an idea and rumor 5 years ago <--- so happy.
That's good you are going into it with an open mind I hope more people do
Old 2012-06-09, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Tarconus
Corporal

Yes I know what you ment. But I was responding to the: ''They also don't want all vets,'' part.
Well they don't want it to be all vets in the beta, that's why they have all these keys in magazines and on twitter.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
bjorntju1
Captain

Well they don't want it to be all vets in the beta, that's why they have all these keys in magazines and on twitter.
Oh like that :P I thought you ment that not every vet would be invited. But yeah, I fully support getting more new blood into the game. We need both vets, and new players to test the game. This way you get more feedback from both sides. I really like how the game is right now. And I hope it stays that way. I think it is the perfect balance between the old PS1, and modern shooters.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-09 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Tarconus
Corporal

Oh like that :P I thought you ment that not every vet would be invited. But yeah, I fully support getting more new blood into the game. We need both vets, and new players to test the game. This way you get more feedback from both sides. I really like how the game is right now. And I hope it stays that way. I think it is the perfect balance between the old PS1, and modern shooters.
See I like vets like you that know things need to be updated And that you need new blood in the game.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Zar
Sergeant

See I like vets like you that know things need to be updated And that you need new blood in the game.
Most vets are fun loving people tho i may throw a grenade or flame thrower max you're way now and again. but its all in good fun =3 and were always happy to have new players joining a fps brotherhood that we think is better then any other =3.
Old 2012-06-09, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
LuckyThirteen
Private

Q: I know it's probably too early to give any exact answers, but I was wondering: How large is the initial beta wave expected would be? Considering how many copies of PC Gamer sold, and how many PS1 vets there are, how will players be prioritized as to who gets in first? Will opt-in sign ups even have a chance at getting in until much later?
A: Not totally sure how large the initial beta wave will be. Probably in the hundreds - thousand range. That prioritized queue is a pool, so we'll pull from that pool until it's empty. This will all be based on our project needs. Beta is a really important tool for us on the game dev side and we need to be sure that we're getting our needs met so that we can make the best game possible. Opt-in signups will be invited later, again, as needed.
Wow, that's extremely disappointing, and kind of stupid.

"Hey guys, I'm actively following your game and have shown my interest by finding the right link, and voluntarily signing up for your beta!"

"That's great! Unfortunately you probably wont get in anyway (even though we gave you the option to sign up) because we have to let all of the people who played our first game in first (even if they only pretended to!) Sorry, fan-service you know, kk bye!"

I mean come on. Just because you played the first game (or again, just pretended to.) doesn't make you a better beta tester. (In fact I would argue that it can make you a worse beta tester)

Sorry but, is it wrong that this pisses me off?

Last edited by LuckyThirteen; 2012-06-09 at 03:43 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion