Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 28 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Find the error in this sentence.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-09, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #406
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

This is one of those threads/polls that really stuns me in a good way. I'm surprised there's so many people who understand that prone is absolutely terrible, unnecessary, and bad for the game.

I hope it is never added. Game doesn't need it and far better off without it.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #407
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
I could care less if you think the poll is null. It isn't. Maybe the guy is so against prone that he decided to register to voice his opinion? Wouldn't be the first time this happens on PSU.
nah the facts is people who are deeply agains a feature are mostlikely going to (( cheat )) the result of the poll and for me secret poll means nothing since we cant veryfied if the response are valid and not from (( spamming)) accont its pretty easy to make like 10 accont and vote 10 time agains something

my experience on forums proove me iam rigth ive seen this so manytime lol

ive made a NON secret pools and ive seen so many unic accont getting in this is simply Not fair and not representative

and also No ones can say if the prone mechanics will work well or not

we have to wait for the beta and having a build thats feature prone to figure out if ot work well or not

saying no or yes is premature

ill say prone could be good if its well done

a big yes or a hell no dont make sens at the momment
Old 2012-06-09, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #408
LPRaver
Private

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
yep veiled point, as there are cons but using this give the opponent the edge that is the whole point, making them a smaller target with out going beyond the limits of actually making them smaller
I get the edge being important. I think what it comes down to is it would actually work. If you are jumping and hitting the ground you could not head shot someone which causes frustration to players. I game all the time and I hate getting frustrated at something not because it is hard but because it seems ridiculous. I think that is where people are coming from. They would rather do without a mechanic that could add to the game to avoid the frustrations they have found in other games with the mechanic being abused.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #409
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
nah the facts is people who are deeply agains a feature are mostlikely going to (( cheat )) the result of the poll and for me secret poll means nothing since we cant veryfied if the response are valid and not from (( spamming)) accont its pretty easy to make like 10 accont and vote 10 time agains something

ive made a NON secret pools and ive seen so many unic accont getting in this is simply Not fair and not representative

we have to wait for the beta and having a build thats feature prone to figure out if ot work well or not

WOW hold on there tiger, just settle down. we need to wait for beta and try and get the devs attention about this and ask if they could at least try and add some lame images for prone so that we could at least test it then will see.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #410
duomaxwl
Captain

What facts? The facts you are pulling out of your ass?
I'd like to think this community is above making spam accounts to vote on something that doesn't even affect whether or not the feature is implemented. Get real dude.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #411
Algo
Corporal

I don't think that calling everyone that does not agree with your ideas cheaters will win the hearth and minds of the people over, you know. By your reasoning, you could have made 20 accounts to fake the results of this poll yourself.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #412
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Only will lead to stupid, annoying to look at, shit like "dolphin diving", so no.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #413
mynameismud
Corporal

This pool to me means nothing since its a (( secret pool )) so you cant see if their is accont multiplyer ive sen a guy who reply and was deeply agains prone but has 0 post before this one kinda strange and make me ask one question

is this post is really representative and also make me think Why not waiting for a Prone in build betatest to figure out if it work ?

so for me secret pool are null
Dude seriously, cause i watch more than i speak you imply im not a real person but a dupe? Thats fucking low dude and very instulting, you act like just because i dont have a large post count my opinion doesnt matter? Like i said that wasnt my first post and i joined before this topic was even made. I joined this forum in February.

I am a very friendly person who does not seek conflict but this is very insulting. Do i need to post 1000 more times and add a shitty avatar to be taken seriously? My ps1 character was named Bannana, i am a real fucking person. I didnt shit on your thoughts or opinions. Try tellin me im not a fucking person, but some phoney? I tried to be respectful and civil. you sir can go fuck yourself.

This is why i dont talk a lot, cause assholes like you.

Last edited by mynameismud; 2012-06-09 at 11:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #414
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by LPRaver View Post
I get the edge being important. I think what it comes down to is it would actually work. If you are jumping and hitting the ground you could not head shot someone which causes frustration to players. I game all the time and I hate getting frustrated at something not because it is hard but because it seems ridiculous. I think that is where people are coming from. They would rather do without a mechanic that could add to the game to avoid the frustrations they have found in other games with the mechanic being abused.
Yes but they could make it so its slow to get back up and people would not be doing a chicken dance across the rode if they cant fire when trying to get to prone. They could even have it were you had to bring your gun up at that took a second, its all about balance and how they make it. It comes down to the devs actions with this and if they do good people will not steam about it.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #415
Stew
Major

agree with this guys the butthurt kinda traumatised players do not make constructive reply !

««This always sound like ive been abuse i dont want to heard any solution to make it better or fix it i simply dont want to see it at all anymore»»

this is how its sound like sadly

iam not yet 100 % for or 100% agains i want to see if soe will be able to make it good with great prone hit detection with anti drop shot abusing with anti clock for infiltrator while prone etc..

if all those mechanics work well and are good Prone will ad a lot to the game espcially for infantry lovers

and if those mechanics sucks ill be agains prone implementation

it all depend on how it will be done and if it lead or not to exploits

thats rational and thats make sens i do not speak like a traumatised players
Old 2012-06-09, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #416
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
Dude seriously, cause i watch more than i speak you imply im not a real person but a dupe? Thats fucking low dude and very instulting, you act like just because i dont have a large post count my opinion doesnt matter? Like i said that wasnt my first post and i joined before this topic was even made.

I am a very friendly person who does not seek conflict but this is very insulting. Do i need to post 1000 more times and add a shitty avatar to be taken seriously? My ps1 character was named Bannana, i am a real fucking person. I didnt shit on your thoughts or opinions. Try tellin me im not a fucking person, but some phoney? I tried to be respectful and civil. you sir can go fuck yourself.

I agree that it was quite insulting, I myself just joined tonight after lurking for a long while, but I think you went a little overboard, there. Take a deep breath, mate.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #417
LPRaver
Private

Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post

I am a very friendly person... and add a shitty avatar to be taken seriously? My ps1 character was named Bannana
Hey now. Abe Lincoln is my hero.
Old 2012-06-09, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #418
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
I agree that it was quite insulting, I myself just joined tonight after lurking for a long while, but I think you went a little overboard, there. Take a deep breath, mate.
dito
Old 2012-06-09, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #419
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

Hey now. Abe Lincoln is my hero.
ya, right abe the vampire slayer ha ha ha !!
Old 2012-06-09, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #420
LPRaver
Private

Originally Posted by fishirboy View Post
Yes but they could make it so its slow to get back up and people would not be doing a chicken dance across the rode if they cant fire when trying to get to prone. They could even have it were you had to bring your gun up at that took a second, its all about balance and how they make it. It comes down to the devs actions with this and if they do good people will not steam about it.
I totally agree. I think some of the ideas people have said to make prone more functional in a game would be great. I love the idea of having an animation to go prone that takes a little time. I also liked the ideas about have a cone of fire and an appropriate angle because lets be fair if you are on your stomach you are not rotating 360 degrees and shooting straight up in the air. I think it could be good in the game and I can see where it could hurt it. Both sides have valid opinions. I just wanted to make an account and post a more middle of the road opinion and see if I could get people to think before being so harsh with one another.

Last edited by LPRaver; 2012-06-09 at 11:28 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion