Idea for Adv. Medics and MAXes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Imagine if we got nickles for every rejected quote....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-02, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Liteshow
Private

Idea for Adv. Medics and MAXes

Double either the armour or the damage output of MAXes.

Many people, myself included, feel that MAXes need some attention. They die too quick and they don't do enough damage. I prefer the double armour instead of double damage, as it's less unbalancing to have to fire 4 deci's to kill one MAX than it is for a MAX to insta-gib you.

Allow advanced medics to drag bodies away to revive.

It's amazing sometimes being a medic you have a shorter lifespan than you do as a front line grunt. The problem is you have to stand still, and you just know someone will enjoy blowing away a stationary target to buff their killwhore stats. Get the body out of the way, and then revive...if they do that in real life, why can't we in Planetside?

I know both these ideas are ones that have been thrown around before, so in and of themselves there's nothing new. The reason I have both of them in the same link is that there should be a drawback for the max buff:

MAX corpses cannot be dragged away like infantry corpses.

Voila, now if you're in a MAX you can't stupidly run forward into the fray and expect to be revived in short order (well, you can, as we all know there are stupid people out there). This would balance the double armour buff for MAXes nicely, I feel, and give adv. medics something to live for, literally. It's already frustrating enough to run into a firefight to rez someone only to have them tap out as you are reviving them. If you have their body and they have a flashing message on their screen at least they have more of a reason not to tap out.
Old 2004-04-02, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SolAngelus
Private

I'm not going to comment on the MAX idea they need to be tweeked but on the Adv. Medics side. The Devs were talking over the summer about giving the Adv Medics things like Stim packs and other boosting items that could be givin to a Grunt I havn't heard anything else cept for that. It would be cool to have a Surge stim pack, pretty much bring surge back to what it is currently and then just put it into a stim pack sort of thing for Adv Medics. Also make it so you CANT despense it on yourself. Anyone else have some interesting ideas regarding this?
Old 2004-04-02, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
scarpas
Captain

no
Old 2004-04-03, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

All sounds good to me. Except the 4 Deci thing might need a bit of attention; I'd say 3 would be generally more appropriate. Even if you take cover between shots (assuming the guy in the MAX is remotely skilled, and not clueless), in the time it takes to fire two of the shots you can be almost dead. In the time it takes to fire 3 you'd most likely be dead, making the balance tip towards the MAX 1v1, but you could still do it using tactics. That and if you only carry one deci (Agile setup, whatever), you'd be screwed outright.
Old 2004-04-03, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

were you smoking weed when you thought of giving the maxes a boost? That is not true. The maxes are MOBILE INFANTRY meaning that they are still of the infantry sort. But good adv. Med ideas i like that a lot considering i am an adv medic. I wouldnt mind that at all. But the max idea is HORRIBLE.

Old 2004-04-03, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
easypickings
Corporal

i agree with both, the medics need a some work i was adv med from around br 6-7 to br 20 i loved it, but it was a real pain.

and the maxes should be hard to kill, 1v1 max should always win even 2-3 v1 should be hard ! at the mo if you see a max you think "cool, easy kill" they dont pose any threat at all.
Old 2004-04-03, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Liteshow
Double either the armour or the damage output of MAXes.

Many people, myself included, feel that MAXes need some attention. They die too quick and they don't do enough damage. I prefer the double armour instead of double damage, as it's less unbalancing to have to fire 4 deci's to kill one MAX than it is for a MAX to insta-gib you.
AI maxes should get a buff, but i feel the otheres are fine, and if they do get buffed the reaver better get an AV buff, becsaue as it stands the reaver can only take two things out with a full salvo (all 16) of rockets that is an infantry man and a max.

If it got buffed it would be impossible for anyone to fly except things like Gals and loadstars.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-03, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Liteshow
Private

I sense a lot of "one-man-army" mentality happening. Since the Deci moved to AV, I have this feeling there are a lot more Deci users out there. It's not out of the realm of possibility to see 4 people whip out Deci's at the first sign of a MAX. Even 2 people with Deci's means instant death for a MAX right now. The last time I had a problem with a MAX is when I was in Agile with a Thumper.

A 2 ton walking battlesuit should damn well have no problems killing one infantryman. 2 people working together should be able to take down a single MAX. With all the inherant weaknesses of the MAX suits (no using REKs, BANKs, Med Applicators, TR lockdown, one-target-ammo, etc) they shouldn't be scared of one infantryman with a Deci. Denying MAXes the privilege of Adv. Med. corpse-dragging (if implemented) is I think a pretty stiff price, especially at a tough doorway/hall/tower fight.

As Rbstr said, maybe a huge damage increase is in order for AI MAXes. I personally think the AA MAXes are amazing, especially the Starfire and Sparrow. Most people think all AV MAXes can't do the job. I'm not going to broach the special ability question. IMO, there is nothing wrong with buffing the MAXes. I don't think too many people like certing in 2 ton walking damage shields for their infantry buddies.
Old 2004-04-03, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well personaly i would give it a new armor type, its classified as vehicle but AV stuff is a bit too powerfull, then give everyweapon a damage against MAX armor, i would keep the AV shots per kills obut the same, same the reaver rockets, and cannon shots give the deci a bit less than it has now so you need 4 of em, but let AP ammo do some decent MAx damage so perhaps fewwer people will carry Decis abecasue they have a Small chance at taking the MAx wiht AP ammo

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cryptica
First Sergeant

If I were to propose a buff to maxes, I would do two things.

1) Give all maxes 200 more armor. The reason for this is that it's been my experience that they die WAY TO FAST. I was playing a TR max on markov the other night and one shot from a magmower took out about 130 armor. That's ONE SHOT! If you ask me, that's too much. 200 more armor might help even the odds without nerfing all the weapons.

2) I'd like to see a slight damage increase in the AI and AV maxes. I've personally been able to take out a max, and I believe it was an AI max, with nothing more than Agile armor and a jackhammer and AP rounds. This really should never happen. The only excuse I can give is the guy in the max SUCKED horrible, 'cause I know I'm not that good.

anyways, just my two cents.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SurrealBeingXX
Private

lol, well I am that good..not to boast...but I was really proud of myself when I killed a TR AAmax with a lasher....I think it was spectacular, bc I was low on life, and I kept on strafing and circling him, and shooting all the while till he finally fell down dead...man..it was awesome too, bc there was like no one around, and my FPS was able to keep up...if I had lagged he would have got me no doubt
Old 2004-04-03, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by SurrealBeingXX
lol, well I am that good..not to boast...but I was really proud of myself when I killed a TR AAmax with a lasher....I think it was spectacular, bc I was low on life, and I kept on strafing and circling him, and shooting all the while till he finally fell down dead...man..it was awesome too, bc there was like no one around, and my FPS was able to keep up...if I had lagged he would have got me no doubt
Was this recently? if so sorry to say it but the TR AA MAX is an easy kill by infantry because they nerfed the splash damage on it.
Old 2004-04-03, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Hehe. You have no reason to fear them now. Well...very little.
Old 2004-04-03, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SurrealBeingXX
Private

hmm....lol (*_*)...it wasn't that recently, but I dont think he was giving me too much splash damage....all I know is he was about to kill me, but I was able to out maneuver him (@_@)
Old 2004-04-03, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Burster rounds have an arming fuse ie they don't go off at point blank.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion