my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-28, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

As for the outnumbered thing, the side whit the least amount of manpower will most likely lose, but i assumed we where talking about 2 sides whit the same amount of people.

Divide and conquer works.

I havn't argued that the tactic never works, it's the oldest in the book. It works when the situation is right.

What i have been arguing against is that you see the VS MAX as nothing but lunch for the other MAX's.

What i have been saying regarding to the divide and conquer strategy tho is that versus an enemy (and yeah if a force is beeing split up they will notice and counter it) it can come back and bite you in the ass if you end up whit a 2 or more front situation. Getting hammered from 2 fronts is quite painfull.

But this is all theory annyways, time will tell how it works out on the battlefield in Planetside.

Now if i've expressed myself in an unclear manner i'm sorry. English is not my mother tongue.
Old 2002-12-28, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Camping Carl
Major

No problem, and I see what you mean. But don't worry, I don't see the vs max as lunch. In the scenario I described the vs maxes would lose, not because I think they stand no chance against other maxes, but because the TR maxes have med and agile armors to help them, but the VS maxes do not. It would be the same outcome, even if it was the NC attacking instead of the vanu.

And yes, I look forward to seeing the maxes of all the empires in action. Should be quite a sight to behold.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2002-12-28, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Zatrais
Ye know, i just have 1 final comment on this thread
and a few posts later he starts up again.
Old 2002-12-28, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

No problem....

And yeah, i to think the VS MAX will and should lose under those circumstanses. Esp if the TR MAX's have time to anchor down hehe...

but hey, the VS MAX's did draw some personell away from the bases gates/choke points.... that should help the rest of the Vanu attackers some =)

p.s SpecialOpRanger i can never shut up =P
Old 2002-12-28, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Pkay
How you will hate the Phoenix:

A US JDAM is launched from a bomber thousands of feet in the air over a military facility almost every single day in Iraq and almost every single one of them succeeds in damaging their target. I'm sure they fire at the missle and rarely stop it... why? In theory you can shoot it down but actually doing it is another story.

Thank You Pkay
Old 2002-12-28, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Good show Zat.
Old 2002-12-28, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
�io
Lieutenant General

I really doubt i will hate the NC simply because of thier rocket launcher.

1- You obviously won't be able to fly the missile across the whole map, you'll have to be "near" the target first.

2-It's a 1 shot deal, sure you fire your missile from behind a hill and hit dead on but that's it, no more missiles for you so i get back up(if you aim for somebody else near me or i'm in MAX or tank) or respawn(if i was target) and either go find your ass or just keep doing what i was doing before.

As for the whole MAX issue, the VS MAX will have a tough time 1 on 1 against the NC obviously. The TR will put up a good fight as well but should be less of a danger than the NC since the TR can't really use it's ability, either way i really doubt the devs will make the VS MAX a walking duck for the other MAXs.
Old 2002-12-28, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

With the one person having a pheonix senario that would probably be true but, if you have a squad, outfit, or a platoon, of soldiers with lets say a quarter of them having a pheonix and the rest having punishers, rocklets, gauss rifles, and decimators then depending on the size of the force they are attacking could be blow away. So it really depends on the situation and what weapons each side is packing. I agree with you Dio about hating the NC just because of the Pheonix. But, I do believe that in the hands of skilled players that it will still be a dominant multi use weapon that packs one heck of a wallop.

Last edited by CDaws; 2002-12-28 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2002-12-28, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah but that doesn't mean i'll fear the phoenix anymore than anything else. A squad with a few lancers(VS) or strikers(TR) will be just as deadly, same for a squad with a lot of rocklets,etc.
Old 2002-12-28, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Any weapon in the hand of a skilled player could be dangerous.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-28, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
CDaws
Second Lieutenant

Yep
Old 2002-12-28, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Pkay
1) you can reload the phoenix
Funny i was under the impression it was a 1 shot deal

Decimator Source: Common Pool
Handling: Anti-Vehicular Missile
Damage: High
Maximum Range: Long
Refire Rate: Not Applicable

Striker
Source: Terran Republic
Refire Rate: Medium

Phoenix
Source: New Conglomerate
Refire Rate: Not Applicable
Old 2002-12-28, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Just a thought, If this is modeled after a mounted or shoulder fired TOW missle, these things have a wire tether that leads back to the base (From this missile) which is what transmits the signal to the receiver. However, this thin brace of wire snaps at a certain distance, albeit far, but then it is just a dumbfire missle that has been guided in. So in theory, you have to be reasonably close to guide it to your target - probably in range of a sniper or a MAX or a tank - so you'd better get your ass in gear once that thing makes impact.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
�io
Lieutenant General

That was 1 of my points. The other being the 1 shot deal thing.
Old 2002-12-28, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Bingo

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion