Why I quit PS1 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-13, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Crator
Major General

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Rodel View Post
It was a very good deployment of resources but your acting like engineering is a win button.
Buttons. Many of them. Not the same exact buttons either. Some on keyboard and mouse! That's his point I think....
Old 2012-07-14, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

This thread is getting stupid now, CE is an automated defensive tool.. The player doesn't actively have to do anything for it to be effective. The fact is you can lay a ton of it and go about your merry business, grab a reaver.. Spam anyone trying to EMP your CE... etc.

So in effect the EMP isn't a hard counter to a players class or play style, it's simply giving a commander the chance to level the playing field every twenty minutes.

Sure, it takes 1-2 minutes to relay CE.. But trust me, if PS2 does things right the opposition will run out of EMP's a lot quicker than you will run out of CE spam. Without EMP's gal drops would be a lot harder, taking a base equally so, making gameplay even more stale and less dynamic. Is that really the game you guys want to end up playing? Really glad you guys arnt calling this shots on stuff like this.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Dubious
Sergeant

OS and EMP has gotten out of hand tho
during peak times there can be up to 200 CR5s on TR and many more CR4s...

Manily use CE for hack defence atm, to see where the enmy comes from
I dont expect kills, but a blown mine tells a lot
Old 2012-07-14, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Tuomio
Private

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
This thread is getting stupid now, CE is an automated defensive tool.. The player doesn't actively have to do anything for it to be effective. The fact is you can lay a ton of it and go about your merry business, grab a reaver.. Spam anyone trying to EMP your CE... etc.

So in effect the EMP isn't a hard counter to a players class or play style, it's simply giving a commander the chance to level the playing field every twenty minutes.

Sure, it takes 1-2 minutes to relay CE.. But trust me, if PS2 does things right the opposition will run out of EMP's a lot quicker than you will run out of CE spam. Without EMP's gal drops would be a lot harder, taking a base equally so, making gameplay even more stale and less dynamic. Is that really the game you guys want to end up playing? Really glad you guys arnt calling this shots on stuff like this.
If defender is good and dynamic enough, its rightful that the attack is delayed or rendered unsuccessful even against odds. This is what is very hard to grasp when your playstyle only suits head-on collisions (harder head being the winning factor), when you do 100 repeated gal-drops and die every time.

It was not that the defender had static tools in his disposal, its YOU who acted like quake-bot and never got clever enough to get past his simple, "automated and static" nuisances.

OS is for quake bots, they are so scripted that tool is needed to remove "wall" that causes him to get stuck repeatedly.

Tool that perfectly removes vast array of other tools from the table reduces dynamics and creates static confrontations. EMP grenade or boomer mine is perfect example of devastating and effective tool, but one that cannot be used without opening other possibilities for counters. Its the essence of entertaining gaming, simple parts can create complex machinery that can entertain for decades.

Head-on collisions at backdoor or towers can entertain kids and domestic pets, but so can flushing down a roll of toilet paper. Why use 5 years of development time to create effect which could be solved with a cheap roll of paper?
Old 2012-07-14, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tuomio View Post
If defender is good and dynamic enough, its rightful that the attack is delayed or rendered unsuccessful even against odds.
And you are suggesting that you cant do this at the moment in PS1? I'm going to interject that either you don't play PS1, you're not very good at it or are wanting CE to do EVERYTHING for you. Whats to stop you laying your CE and then patrolling the base in a MBT and killing any squishies that come close? dont have a mate? just get a in a god damn reaver and rocket spam them into submission. From the sounds of things you want to lay your CE, sit on a rampart and watch it mow down the opposition.

It was not that the defender had static tools in his disposal, its YOU who acted like quake-bot and never got clever enough to get past his simple, "automated and static" nuisances.
What the hell is a quake bot? They were clever enough to bring a CUD and to either have:

a) pushed you back far enough as to gain access to the area needed to blow the EMP, in PS1 this is no easy feat in a properly defended base
b) Organised transport/gal drop to gain access to said region

What have you done? run around for 2 minutes and dropped a load of mines.

OS is for quake bots, they are so scripted that tool is needed to remove "wall" that causes him to get stuck repeatedly.
I don't know if its just the blind hatred of the OS or if you really are too stupid to grasp this, the OS should not be an individual move for a player to use at his leisure to remove the 'wall' as you put it. Commanders. People who spend all their time organizing their outfits, their empire, picking targets directing the flow of battle should be the only people who have access to the ability. That is the plan in PS2. When you think of an OS in this context then it is balanced, every 2 and a half hours the commander can make the tactical decision to remove an obstacle on the battle field. These decisions WONT be taken lightly, because they have the ability to turn the tide of battle. This makes the battle field more dynamic, it gives an empire the opportunity to use the ability to change the battle. THAT is dynamic, the definition of the word.

PS1 is broken, there are too many CR5's. We know this, THAT is the problem. Not the actual move itself. I have two CR5's i have played this game since beta, i was one of the first 10 CR5's on the Konried server and because of that i can remember how the game was when there were 4-5 CR5's per faction on a server. It really worked, you saw an OS.. And you realized that was a pivotal moment. it was either going to really help your empire or fail, and you would give the CR5 stick for wasting it if it did. You seem stuck in the idea that play in PS2 should be balanced around an individual one to one encounter, the game never has been and never will be. Its a much more complicated game of rock paper scissors with many participants.

Tool that perfectly removes vast array of other tools from the table reduces dynamics and creates static confrontations.
In PS1 OS's only have the effect of making battles static because both sides each have a huge amount of them, you put an AMS in a CY.. it gets OSed over and over, you roll armor to defend a base.. vehicle term gets OS'ed over and over. The only thing deciding a battle ends up being numbers and the three way factor. What happens when you reduce the number of OS's around? They can become the spear head of attack/defence which can decide a battle ADDING to the dynamic nature of the game.

If you have a good commander with you attacking a base and the opposition doesn't a telling OS might clear the CY/turrents/mines for armor to roll in, and then you can park up your gal/AMS and enjoy your stay. Likewise if your commander is defending an important base he can repel an attack with a telling OS. How is this not dynamic? It adds another variable into the possible outcome of the battle.. THAT is the definition of dynamic.

Head-on collisions at backdoor or towers can entertain kids and domestic pets, but so can flushing down a roll of toilet paper. Why use 5 years of development time to create effect which could be solved with a cheap roll of paper?
Stop talking garbage, try using logic and reason to validate your points not puerile nonsense.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
This thread is getting stupid now, CE is an automated defensive tool..
No it's not an "automated defensive tool", it has to be babysat to work properly.

It sure beats the CUD I-win buttons. And I'm not paying $15 a month to play Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Originally Posted by Rodel View Post
Things you could have done-
Tank + engineer.
Too many trees

Your own orbital strike.
Retarded

Liberator.
Bomb my own CE?

A friend
Whatever

Boomers
What about them, they wouldn't have made a difference, the point is to completly remove the OS from the game, not attempt to counter it like some lameass retard.

not concentrating all your engineering together
Hey I have an idea, how about not concentrating on your I-win CUD abilities altogether.

It was a very good deployment of resources but your acting like engineering is a win button.
At least it was something different other than the typical run around like a 5 year old retard.

Hey wanna know why there are only like 20 guys playing PS1 right now? Cause what you guys like, sucks for everyone else. Everyone else left a long time ago; all the normal people that is.

CUD abilities is something a retard would come up with for a single player game.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-14 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

If you're so dissatisfied that you had to make an emo/rage/whine "I quit" thread... Why are you still here, exactly? You just come off as difficult and or whiney and I seriously doubt you would ever be satisfied with anything. You're just "a complainer", as far as I can see.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
ShockFC
Master Sergeant

I see two poplocks on prime time. Sounds like you have no idea how to play your role correctly. I've seen plenty of support players do just fine, doing exactly what you do.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I have now seen it all, EMP's are being complained about.

CE is easy to use, fast to relay. Removing EMP's altogether is not the correct answer to a "problem" such as this.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-07-15, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
igster
Sergeant

what they said++

Please now let this thread die - it doesnt deserve any more attention but it seems the op will not let it die.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Alright, i'll give up trying to explain to OP. In the words of The D, it seems he doesn't have the cognitive capacity to understand the wider picture. Enjoy CoD/BF3 or whatever boring shooter you feel comfortable with.

/thread
Old 2012-07-15, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Duckforceone
Private

seen from a game design perspective, the emp is way too overpowered.

It doesn't require you to specialize so you can't do other functions.
It's not like getting into an AA max so you are great against air, but suck against anything else.

That's one very negative about it.

20 min reuse timer on something that clears out huge defensive areas?
So you can use one on each single assault you do. It can easily take 20 mins to take a base if you stay and clean up.

That's a second very negative

No counter

That's a third very negative.

I'm sorry, whatever arguments you try, from a game design perspective, this is just bad. And this is not even taking into account that everyone and their dog has access to this now.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Duckforceone View Post
seen from a game design perspective, the emp is way too overpowered.

It doesn't require you to specialize so you can't do other functions.
It's not like getting into an AA max so you are great against air, but suck against anything else.

That's one very negative about it.

20 min reuse timer on something that clears out huge defensive areas?
So you can use one on each single assault you do. It can easily take 20 mins to take a base if you stay and clean up.

That's a second very negative

No counter

That's a third very negative.

I'm sorry, whatever arguments you try, from a game design perspective, this is just bad. And this is not even taking into account that everyone and their dog has access to this now.
Except CE is incredibly overpowered in it's own way. Most people just spam CE and think they're being useful. When generally they're making it only moderately annoying as opposed to nigh impossible to pass without and EMP.

Especially now when everyone has CE. 1 emp every 20 minutes? I can relay all that CE in 3-5 minutes. Congratz that EMP was worthless. Nevermind CE only blows up mines. It doesn't destroy spitfire turrets.

Nevermind that with properly placed spitfire turrets, the guy who's trying to EMP bailing from an aircraft will die before he hits the ground.

Try to break a well prepared base hold/defense without a EMP, it's almost impossible, especially if pops are even/base is an interlink.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-07-15 at 06:37 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
igster
Sergeant

BTW the ones telling you that EMPs are not overpowered generally are not theorycrafting - it is from experience of playing with/against CE.
Old 2012-07-15, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Accuser
Sergeant Major

The problem is that CE became too powerful, and then EMP had to be powerful to cancel it out. With any luck, PS2 will allow only 1 or 2 automated turrets per person and EMP won't be necessary in the first place.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion