PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For naked pictures of Hamma press Alt-F4.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2015-10-05, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
darkBerry
Banned
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


In this case GaretJax is running away and scapping from what he started, also KingFeraligatr was seen talking with some hackers about important info, the worts thing here is that the leader of the STEAM PlanetSide Rements group (Docdic), was caught cheating in his main alt "Totheend" with a VIDEO PROVING that., also an other NC cheater wich King trade info or its part of that hackers team.


And of course, there is nothing to do.

Last edited by darkBerry; 2015-10-05 at 02:01 PM.
darkBerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
KingFeraligatr
Private
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
In this case GaretJax is running away and scapping from what he started, also KingFeraligatr was seen talking with some hackers about important info, the worts thing here is that the leader of the STEAM PlanetSide Rements group (Docdic), was caught cheating in his main alt "Totheend" with a VIDEO PROVING that., also an other NC cheater wich King trade info or its part of that hackers team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8sAW...e_gdata_player

And of course, there is nothing to do.
At this point, I'm thinking it's the reverse. The hackers have agenda against several legit players and want to tear the community in two. What has been said against me and several other players I KNOW are legit is nothing short of bullshit. Docdic is not a hacker darkBerry. In fact, it makes sense one would want to implicate him because he is the leader of the PS1 Steam group. We don't need wild and untrue conspiracy theories. In fact berry, it is odd that your account was made just yesterday when Garet made his post (he also made an account just yesterday.... odd). You've done nothing but support him and you know when to respond to our posts. Not accusing of of being in league with them, but it is odd. What better way for the hackers to seize control than to turn ourselves against each other and deflect their actions on others.

No, I'm not a hacker. And while I sent /tells to them, they where purely hate /tells giving them shit for what they've done to the community. It serves to reason they want me out of the picture because I oppose them. None this means I hack, it's just using my head.
__________________
I am known as the Typo Master and the Worst Shot on Auraxis. (forgive my typos)Probably some of the most competent combat AI around. I know you are probably ignoring me.
KingFeraligatr, NC, Gemini. BR 30, CR 3.
KingFeraligatr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
darkBerry
Banned
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


I made this account yesterday because I want to join at this disscussion of hackers that have double face, Explain me now King, in the video I shared, shows Totheend with an increased rate o fire, that is an evidence of a new accussing.
The conclussion here is, Docdic was cheating, we have a video proving it, now tell me how he could be innocent?

Again if no one have seen it,
darkBerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
KingFeraligatr
Private
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
I made this account yesterday because I want to join at this disscussion of hackers that have double face, Explain me now King, in the video I shared, shows Totheend with an increased rate o fire, that is an evidence of a new accussing.
The conclussion here is, Docdic was cheating, we have a video proving it, now tell me how he could be innocent?

Again if no one have seen it,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8sAW...e_gdata_player
Who says Docdic = totheend? Do you have proof they they're the same person? Did Docdic say he was totheend? It's not like me who showed all his characters and you can tell exactly who I am. Don't jump to these conclusions without solid proof or logical guessing. Because all I see is pointing fingers at innocent people with no solid base.

I get it. We've all had enough of ******'s gang of thugs. People are desperate to point fingers at others. I do it too. We all want the game and world to make sense and know who the bad people are. Except you're not doing solid research and fact checking. Many of us don't. I want you to stop screaming "hacker" at everyone unless you have conclusive proof. You can believe it in your head, no one can stop you there. But you need to stop making the community go in an uproar or indifference. A lot of us, myself included, need to work on not accusing everyone as hacker. This divided and toxic community is probably what the hackers want. We don't want the hackers to get what they want. So I ask you, me, and the rest of the legit community to stop being in a super panic attack. No one needs it.

Just being a voice of reason and using my head.
__________________
I am known as the Typo Master and the Worst Shot on Auraxis. (forgive my typos)Probably some of the most competent combat AI around. I know you are probably ignoring me.
KingFeraligatr, NC, Gemini. BR 30, CR 3.
KingFeraligatr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
darkBerry
Banned
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Im agree with you, I use my head before to post, you can ask yourself in Steam PlanetSide, who is Totheend.
darkBerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Effective
First Lieutenant
 
Effective's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


That's some god-tier speculation right there.
__________________


My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Effective is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
docdic
Private
 
docdic's Avatar
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
the worts thing here is that the leader of the STEAM PlanetSide Rements group (Docdic), was caught cheating in his main alt "Totheend" .
uhhh..... my main alt is tf2hero on TR, and totheend is not me.
also by the looks of it, in the video totheend looks like is actualy using a mcg that has a bugged out model that makes it look like a sweeper. i come to this conclusion because a shot from the sweeper at that rage would do a bit more damage than what it did.

Last edited by docdic; 2015-10-05 at 06:40 PM.
docdic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Chord
Private
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by RealGaretJax View Post
Chord, thanks for your reply, I am a developer of 25 years (so old) so understand totally, but you still need to be aware of what's going on.

Just on a side note, have you ever considered pivoting this project into something like a ARMA mod instead.

The code required for a multi-player server is huge, not to mention integration of graphics engines, latency code, back-end management systems, etc, etc.

Using something like ARMA (although less players), could provide a firm framework to then build the PSEMU layer on top of give you a sandbox to play in now, so game mechanics and systems can be worked on, rather than base layers of game functionality.

Just my $0.02 worth
In terms of cheat protection, from what I know, the ARMA engine is nearly as broken as PS1 and I don't have any personal feelings for it. I'm trying to go for the more detailed approach and that means solving a lot of hard problems. I don't have a good grasp on how game servers really tick, so I want to figure it out by knowing one inside and out. My primary inspirations are TrinityCore, EVEmu, and the ShadowBane Emulator.
Chord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
darkBerry
Banned
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


We have 2 cheaters in the video, the main player with no reload cheat, wich keeps shooting while he is reloading with the punisher, and Totheend, there is a faster Sweeper sound, also if there is a model bug, why the other models are normal? Look the bullet spread, it is coordinated with the sound, also 3 TR were shooting him.

Sorry docdic, but totheend got caught.
darkBerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Effective
First Lieutenant
 
Effective's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
We have 2 cheaters in the video, the main player with no reload cheat, wich keeps shooting while he is reloading with the punisher, and Totheend, there is a faster Sweeper sound, also if there is a model bug, why the other models are normal? Look the bullet spread, it is coordinated with the sound, also 3 TR were shooting him.

Sorry docdic, but totheend got caught.

1st. just because one model bugs out doesn't mean all models will bug out.
2nd. Sweepers don't have tracers
3rd. Planetside is a game with endless amounts of bugs. This could just be one of those unusual bugs that rarely sees the ligh
4th. This doesn't mean he wasn't ROFing, but he definitely wasn't rofing with the sweeper.
__________________


My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Effective is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Scrable
Private
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Hello there, somehow I made this account even earlier, but never really used it.

Well, I'm a fairly new player to Planetside 1. I used the free 6 months in 2013 to play some PS1 and it was pretty good. I also noticed very late, that it now became F2P. Of course I redownloaded it and played it, but there was almost noone online. The only one was a teammate, who was flying and teleporting through the map. Probably hacking.
And today I had the same problem. But this time it was two guys, who were hacking and they were chatting in the ingame chat. As well as destroying the experience, because one of them just teleported to me and capped all of the bases on the map. Also killing of that one TR soldier who was also walking around.
So my question is, why aren't they banned? Did DBG completly abandon PS1?

Last edited by Scrable; 2015-10-05 at 10:34 PM.
Scrable is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
randomtroper
Private
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


So, I'm not actually someone who plays PlanetSide. I'm someone from the TV Tropes forums, which is where I'm aware of the situation with accusations against King Feraligatr from. I highly doubt he is actually a hacker, as I have seen him use a venting thread several times before all this happened to complain about how rampant hacking is in the game. I know I should probably stay out of this, but from what I've seen this accusation seems false.
randomtroper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Logit
Second Lieutenant
 
Logit's Avatar
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


"failed to inject PSLOG.dll because it was missing from the current directory"
Logit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
darkBerry
Banned
 
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Do you know something about PS1 code structure?
In your game folder, you can find those models.dds or .fdx, since you open the launchpad, it check and replace archives, in correctly form. Try to replace a file yourself with the same name, etc, and the launchpad detect that file and replace instantly.
So how a model bug becomes?
Rofing a gun increased the Cone of fire, causing less damage, as you said it before No one have seen a similar model bug, if you have seen one, prove it.
Your argument is invalid.
What about tracers? There was a Chaingun and no reload Punisher, adding a Thrumper finally.
You can see also a VS with the sweeper too, shooting normally, diferent as Totheend did.

Last edited by darkBerry; 2015-10-06 at 03:08 PM.
darkBerry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Effective
First Lieutenant
 
Effective's Avatar
 
Misc Info
Re: PSForever.net and PS1 Packet Capture


Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
Do you know something about PS1 code structure?
In your game folder, you can find those models.dds or .fdx, since you open the launchpad, it check and replace archives, in correctly form. Try to replace a file yourself with the same name, etc, and the launchpad detect that file and replace instantly.
Yes. I do, not everything, but enough to have a vague understanding. This bug did not occur because someone replaced a file though and nor did I suggest that was the case.

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
So how a model bug becomes?
I have no idea how models bug occur, they just do (believe it or not, bugs can occur without knowing the steps to reproduce them). I have actually seen a bugs similar to this, as I said they're not particularly common. I didn't bother recording it because it wasn't all that important, only annoying.

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
Rofing a gun increased the Cone of fire, causing less damage, as you said it before No one have seen a similar model bug, if you have seen one, prove it.
Uhhh. ROFing doesn't affect the damage per shot on a weapon... No I said it wasn't a common bug, that's not even close to the same thing. Don't need too.

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
Your argument is invalid.
No.

Originally Posted by darkBerry View Post
What about tracers? There was a Chaingun and no reload Punisher, adding a Thrumper finally.
You can see also a VS with the sweeper too, shooting normally, diferent as Totheend did.
Planetside 1 shotgun weapons do not have tracers, there were definitely tracers coming out of his sweeper implying fully that it was not actually a sweeper he was using but his MCG. A bug involving character models is not going to every model in the game, it will typically affect only the person who randomly repeated the steps necessary to cause the bug to occur.
__________________


My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2015-10-06 at 05:55 PM.
Effective is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.