Virtual Reality Training [Try before you buy] - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-01, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Aractain
Major

Re: Testing weapons before you spend certs.

This is an important point. I would hate to 'waste points' on stuff I didn't like.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Smokingrabbit
Private

VR would be ok. I enjoyed it in PS. Id rather just be allowed to re-cert every now and then.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

I want it for the sidegrade weapons that can be bought. If additional weapons are going to give me more playstyle options, I want to see what they feel like before I put my money on them.

I don't want to spend all this money on different variations of an assault rifle before I find the one that feels just right.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

The ability to recert also ties into having multipule characters. I'm in a position where I like to play multiple roles with no overlap, I'm also going to have to wear several different hats depending on if I'm running a tank event or an air event. The ability to repurpose my certs even if it takes a long time is critical to me for planning outfit activities ingame. If I've got flyboys who want to join in an armor raid on Friday and its Monday then I don't want them to have to depend on all the armor guys buying good tanks for them and I'm pretty sure the tankers won't like using up the extra resources.

Oh right, VR. Yeah, VR is good I like VR. Good for weapon damage testing or for practicing with arc fire weapons.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

I think a refund policy would be better than VR. VR doesn't really reflect an item/certs actual usefullness.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
SixShooter
Captain

I thought that the VR room was pretty useful and I think that bringing it back would be a great idea. They could even have it separate from the game, like an option at the loading menu. It could have access to all 3 factions and newbies could try them out before creating a character. Would be great for practicing flying without worrying about all the flak and such. I also like the idea of being able to try out side grades too.

Old 2012-06-02, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
SixShooter
Captain

Thinking more about it, it would have to be outside of the actual game so you don't have people taking up slots on a cont just doing VR stuff.

Old 2012-06-02, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
ZeroOneZero
Corporal

VR would be a great idea. Not only to test different weapons, but to retest them as some patches may change the stats of some of the weapons.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by bullet View Post
I don't see how a tiny area with equip terminals and targets would drain a huge amount of time from the devs. The old shooting range was about the size of a courtyard? with some walls and equip terms. I think it can be done pretty quickly.

I agree they should focus on getting major things done first for upcoming events, but just saying no to the idea of VR is silly.
well we dont know how tight of a development they are under, even though i would like it see it...maybe most post launch.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-02, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Certs enhance existing weapons, so you'll already "own" the weapon and be able to test it out before you spend any cert points on it. If we added something like this is would be before you bought it (using Auraxium / StationCash), and currently we don't have plans for try before you buy. If this is something a lot of people want we could potentially add it post-launch.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Nabeshin
Private

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Certs enhance existing weapons, so you'll already "own" the weapon and be able to test it out before you spend any cert points on it. If we added something like this is would be before you bought it (using Auraxium / StationCash), and currently we don't have plans for try before you buy. If this is something a lot of people want we could potentially add it post-launch.
Instead of actually buying it outright you could place a "rental" cost on it and have it only be useable for 20 minutes or some amount of time so people could test the weapon.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I think the ability to buy a refund up to a couple of hours after buying might be a nice touch, means you dont need a VR room which would take a lot of development and still be able to check things out you potentially might want.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Well, seeing as vehicles are totally different to fly/drive, some kind of free testing ground for those would be hella useful. I really want to get my flying down early so I can knock the noobs out of the sky
Old 2012-06-02, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
Well, seeing as vehicles are totally different to fly/drive, some kind of free testing ground for those would be hella useful. I really want to get my flying down early so I can knock the noobs out of the sky
you always have access to vehicles you dont need to buy them, just the weapon attachments for them.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Tssha
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
you always have access to vehicles you dont need to buy them, just the weapon attachments for them.
Sorry, that's incorrect, vehicles cost a set amount of resources to purchase, regardless of equipment (for now).

Check out the Higby and Total Biscuit stream, they talk about it at one point.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion