Fairness in Holiday Representation / Auraxian Holidays - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fun for the whole family
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-18, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Fairness in Holiday Representation / Auraxian Holidays

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
We've discussed and tentatively planned out a holiday for each empire to represent them. As for normal holidays we typically don't specify or Hanukkah. We'll call it something winter themed and run it for a few weeks at a time.

Realistically it's possible you are going to see themes around popular holidays because honestly? They are popular holidays. Who doesn't like doing Halloween content? There may be room for other stuff as well.
Perfect answer to this thread.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
willaguy
Sergeant

Ah political correctness; the thing that some people strive for but will never achieve.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by willaguy View Post
Ah political correctness; the thing that some people strive for but will never achieve.
How can you be politically correct when the rules of being politically correct fall under the politics of every country.

There are too many holidays to please everyone and everyone knows of the ones that they implement into the games.

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.
Old 2012-07-18, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I want to see Hannukah in Planetside. We can all wear yarmulkas with our empire logo on then and turn into bagels when we die and fight over a tech plant that looks like a giant dreidel. It'll be great.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

We've discussed and tentatively planned out a holiday for each empire to represent them. As for normal holidays we typically don't specify or Hanukkah. We'll call it something winter themed and run it for a few weeks at a time.

Realistically it's possible you are going to see themes around popular holidays because honestly? They are popular holidays. Who doesn't like doing Halloween content? There may be room for other stuff as well.
BRILLIANT! Don't you see? the 3 empires can have festivities that happen ONLY FOR THEM. TR celebrate the founding of the republic, NC celeb- remember the blowing up of the first ships of the fleet and the start of their fight, VS remember the discovery of the artifact. All sides can celebrate the finding of Auraxis.

Now, how to celebrate? Perhaps voice macros? We don't have Sancs anymore so they can't be dressed up.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
BRILLIANT! Don't you see? the 3 empires can have festivities that happen ONLY FOR THEM. TR celebrate the founding of the republic, NC celeb- remember the blowing up of the first ships of the fleet and the start of their fight, VS remember the discovery of the artifact. All sides can celebrate the finding of Auraxis.

Now, how to celebrate? Perhaps voice macros? We don't have Sancs anymore so they can't be dressed up.
I'm sensing a holiday themed meta-game to interrupt the opposing factions celebrations here somewhere-deny the vanu their artifact -make the nc do something for charity etc.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I can't see Saint Connery taking the place of Saint Nicholas . But I have to say that the major holidays are a plus for most PS players.
allthou I am extremely religious I think it will be better off keeping religious holidays off gaming.

Old 2012-07-18, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Kemeros
Private

Themed stuff is fun.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Yes the Terran Republic holiday will include the gifting of enemies heads by the first born to the father. Nah that sounds more like Vanu weird stuff

Last edited by capiqu; 2012-07-18 at 03:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
I'm sensing a holiday themed meta-game to interrupt the opposing factions celebrations here somewhere-deny the vanu their artifact -make the nc do something for charity etc.
Artifact = disco ball and no, we will not be denied our disco ball.

Old 2012-07-18, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
Yes the Terran Republic holiday will include the gifting of enemies heads by the first born to the father. Nah that sounds more like Vanu weird stuff
we can play our favourite TR holiday game, you go out and see how many Smurfs and Barnies you can kill in an hour, then try to beat that score. It oh so much fun

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2012-07-18 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Who doesn't like doing Halloween content?
I hope this is a wink towards zombies.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post
I hope this is a wink towards zombies.
It would have to be PC zombies. PS2 isn't being designed with any AI system in place, so they'd harder to slap in then say a MMORPG with pre-established pathing and serverside AI routines.
Old 2012-07-18, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Goldeh
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
It would have to be PC zombies. PS2 isn't being designed with any AI system in place, so they'd harder to slap in then say a MMORPG with pre-established pathing and serverside AI routines.
I agree 100% A.I. controlled zombies would be lame in the grand scheme of things.. Who wouldn't want to gnaw on a Vanu's face? Imiright?
Old 2012-07-18, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

I think thats up to soe hopfully its just station cast sales. I'm not christian and don't celibrate christmas or easter so hopefully they will remain nutral with holidays. if you're ganna have xmas items have something for people who aren't religous or christian. I think they should just skip over the whole holiday thing. If they do do something it should be with planetside day and other PS2 related holidays. It wouldn't make sence if the VS R celibrating presidents day or something.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion