PSU: You have been evicted
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-05, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Toimu
Me too, 54B, I'll be getting my ship date next week.
*thinks*

I don't know of a MOS that sits further away from the frontline than that.

I think Air Force personel get closer to the action than you will.

Old 2003-03-05, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
avail
Staff Sergeant

btw, name calling included "Fuck Republicans" and "Bush is our generation's Hitler" to name some.

And dude, this is a joke. Take it for that. Stop laying down flame bait.
Old 2003-03-05, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

You are right. I guess I was doing a little unintentional trolling. Didn't mean to.

Sorry 'bout that.
Old 2003-03-06, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
KoldFusion

Originally posted by Mtx
*thinks*

I don't know of a MOS that sits further away from the frontline than that.

I think Air Force personel get closer to the action than you will.
Careful MTX i'm leaving for the Air Force on April 8th and I know you wouldn't want to offend me I'm entering the military not because i'm a war monger... but because I feel I have duty. Every male in my family for the last 100 years has been in the military. One of my brothers is going in a few months after me and the other would except he is medically disqualified. God bless the USA.

PS. Anyone want to second my motion for Avial to be president?
Nice work pal. The ONLY thing that chaps my ass about the protesting isn't even the proptesters fault..... but where is the voice of the people on the news supporting the war.... damn news nazis. I think we should hold a huhg pro-war rally just to show people... mainly our troops that there are a MAJORITY of us who support them when thay are called to do thier duty wether we agree with the cause or not. Our troops deserve that.... they don't need another homecoming like Vietnam.

PPS. I support the war in Iraq... however UN backing equals better.
Old 2003-03-06, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gortha
First Sergeant

read this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Mar5.html

Try starting to think about your mindless War.... and try to learn something about your own Country the USA..... the most Europeans know more than the US-Folks.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2003-03-06, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
KoldFusion

is that link coming up for anyone else? I'll entertain your blasphemy
Old 2003-03-06, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Old 2003-03-06, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I am in the military right now. I don't know of a single troop who doesn't see the need to squash the bug in Iraq. (...and we will, watch us...)

Peace is maintained by power. I don't believe for an instant that Saddam Hussein or any other tyrant/dictator, if given the opportunity, wouldn't use that power to destroy us.

You think he would take it to the UN council to see if he was allowed to bomb us?

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-03-06, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I found this little quote interesting from another forum... think it over...

The problem about this war is that the USA failed to explain why Iraq is so much more dangerous than numerous other countries in the world that have weapons of mass destruction, tolerated by the USA. The decision seems kinda arbitrary, like the USA need a scapegoat. They are finished with Afghanistan, now they need a new target to satify their desire for revenge for 911. After they are finished with Iraq, who is next? Is it really up to one country in the world to decide which other countries are allowed to have weapons of mass destruction and which are not? Is the USA the moral authority to make this decision? Imagine the USSR hadn't crumbled and was still as strong as during the cold war and now THEY would claim to be that authority and decide that some country is not allowed to have any weapons.
Last but not least I think a war would INCREASE the danger for the USA, because the anti-American spirit among Arab countries would get a LOT worse after such a war, creating more muslim extremists seeking revenge. Hardliner policy didn't bring Isreal peace. It only made the palestinians even more mad, creating more suicide bombers. The same is going to happen to the USA.
Old 2003-03-06, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

*thinks- i need an anti-anti-war rally to go to .....
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-06, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
CockRoach
Sergeant

why does everyone want to be all nice to saddam? you all know, stop denying it.... if we dont blow him and his so called army up then we can expect a nuke or a anthrax warhead commin this war is a few months...

avail you did a good thing, nuke em!
I am not sure about the first
Old 2003-03-06, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The problem about this war is that the USA failed to explain why Iraq is so much more dangerous than numerous other countries in the world that have weapons of mass destruction

what like north korea as an example? Contrary to what you think America dose not enforce nazi style power over everyone. We don't have to deal with every country that happens to be a threat. in the North Korea case, china, japan and I think russia has pledge to stop them.

But I don't see to many countries next to iraq that could stop them.
Old 2003-03-06, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by OneManArmy
what like north korea as an example? Contrary to what you think America dose not enforce nazi style power over everyone. We don't have to deal with every country that happens to be a threat. in the North Korea case, china, japan and I think russia has pledge to stop them.

But I don't see to many countries next to iraq that could stop them.
ya, NK is more china's problem than ours, im sure that if their 3 mill troops feel too worried, that they will have not problem walking over like 100,000 troops with half the tech
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-03-06, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
KoldFusion

The problem about this war is that the USA failed to explain why Iraq is so much more dangerous than numerous other countries in the world that have weapons of mass destruction, tolerated by the USA. The decision seems kinda arbitrary, like the USA need a scapegoat. They are finished with Afghanistan, now they need a new target to satify their desire for revenge for 911. After they are finished with Iraq, who is next? Is it really up to one country in the world to decide which other countries are allowed to have weapons of mass destruction and which are not? Is the USA the moral authority to make this decision? Imagine the USSR hadn't crumbled and was still as strong as during the cold war and now THEY would claim to be that authority and decide that some country is not allowed to have any weapons.
Last but not least I think a war would INCREASE the danger for the USA, because the anti-American spirit among Arab countries would get a LOT worse after such a war, creating more muslim extremists seeking revenge. Hardliner policy didn't bring Isreal peace. It only made the palestinians even more mad, creating more suicide bombers. The same is going to happen to the USA.
First, the decision is not arbitrary. We told the world from the get go that we fight terrorism "where ever" it may be. We went ahead (stupidly IMO) and labeled Iran, Iraq, and N.Korea as the axis of evil. The US does not have to make the case here.... Saddam has made the case against himself over the last 12 years. This is not as petty as scapegoating. I'll tell you whos next... N. Korea
As far as one country policing the world..... well.... yes it is the job of one country. The world has put us in that role. Wether they like us or not. For example.... when the war on terror started, many of the middle east nations said to the US..." come over and fix Isreal and Palestine", what would have happened if the US and a few allies didn't intervene in Bosnia to stop the ethnic cleansing that milosevich was performing. You see the world is content to stand on the sidelines and allow this atrocities to occur. Their actions stop at nothing but petty talk. Take the UN and the Iraq situation. I have said this before and I'll say it again.... When resolution 1441 was passed unanimously with the language "serious consequences" not a single one of the countries thought that meant when non-compliance is evident to give him sore time by adding inspectors via a new resolution. They knew it meant the use of military force. But as history has shown the french a spineless snakes and russia still can't be trusted... Germany... well Germany is lucky it is still it's own country after the first 2 world wars (so they should STFU). Bottom line is this.... the UN has done a fine job of making them as irrelevant as the league of nations which dissolved BTW b/c it was useless. The UN should do the same and a new charter should be made. Yes the USA should make the decision since noone else will. (see my other posts on this matter b/c i don't want to type it all again.) "war is immenent" "N. Korea or Iraq"
The arguement about the increased anger in the arab world toward the US does have merit. But your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I do believe the goal of wiping out terrorism is an unattainable goal... however, I do believe terrorist should be confronted and fought at every oppotunity one way or the other.
Old 2003-03-06, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

cool nk info:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/859191.asp?0dm=N235N

on the left under divided korea, you will see a thing called: "N. Korea's missiles" and it shows how far they can reach, etc..
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge