I have no words. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ramen, the food of gods!! ... or geeks, i forget which.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-25, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

I have no words.

Link to very sad story

Do they really hate religion so much that they would stoop to this low a level to try to control it?

I know this is going to degrade into another religion/atheist battle...because that's what it is...

But for me it's about respect. This has stood in this town for 91 years out of respect for men that died...many of them most likely religious men.

It's about respect.
Old 2012-04-25, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: I have no words.

This is news? *links to Christians boycotting something today*

Actually here since I'm being disrespectful. This is news.

Here's an Atheist one from yesterday. It's comforting knowing the transition is going smoothly.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-04-25 at 01:35 PM.
Old 2012-04-25, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vash02
Major

How about respect for the **** and athiest who fought but get a Christian symbol stamped on them? If the government is going to build a memorial it should be for all that fought and died and not just for the Christians.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-25, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:08 AM.
Old 2012-04-25, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
That cross isn't going anywhere. It's just another publicity stunt by the radical athiests.

And vash, they don't have a christian symbol stamped on them - it isn't a grave.

This sort of inane bullshit is what is dragging America down. People can't see the forest for the trees and gotta do publicity stunts so they feel relevant.
It's a war memorial for those who died Malorn, not everyone is Christian.
How about a better one that actually commemorates those who died and their actions? and not just their relgion? like this
Old 2012-04-25, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sirisian
Colonel

This sort of inane bullshit is what is dragging America down.
What? c'mon Malorn. Really? This is why I have problems arguing on these forums. This sort of inane comment is what is dragging political discussion down.
And vash, they don't have a christian symbol stamped on them - it isn't a grave.
heh reminded me of this:

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-04-25 at 02:58 PM.
Old 2012-04-26, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

The "poor, abused" christian victim sob story is one of the greatest fictions of our time. Christians and religious people in general represent a huge (if ever shrinking) majority in this country, and in many ways religious thinking, symbols and concepts absolutely dominate our culture. The idea that such a powerful majority, whom even presidents need to bow to in order to have any hope of being elected, can be bullied by a tiny, almost politically insignificant minority, is laughable, and you are deeply deluded if you think the situation is otherwise.

All that being said...

As a secular humanist and fairly committed atheist I have to say that it is not a good idea to demand the removal of this memorial. It is akin to a grave; a statue put up to honor the dead. I fail to see any harm that it's doing.

But seriously guys. This whole "under attack" "christian victim" "oh golly we're so bullied" routine is hokum and everyone ought to know it. Religious people: you are the vast majority. A little resistance against religious domination is a good thing. Let us never forget what the world looked like when religion had utter and complete control of people's lives; when it was an unassailable, sacred facet of culture and government. I'll give you a hint: people like me were burned alive in town squares.

Things are a lot better now. And if you really do feel that your imaginary friend is 'threatened', you may was to re-evaluate how much faith you have in your "all powerful" deity that seems so under the gun, all the time, from every angle, from such a small group of mere mortals.

Good golly miss molly.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Here is my message to all the Atheists out there. let's think logically for a second, you believe that when we die we become fertilizer and nothing happens, and if your right then I lose nothing for believing in God, but if I'M RIGHT and when we die our faith decides if we go to Heaven or Hell well then at least I have a chance of going to heaven, while your definitely going to Hell. I'm just increasing my odds bro...
Old 2012-04-26, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
Here is my message to all the Atheists out there. let's think logically for a second, you believe that when we die we become fertilizer and nothing happens, and if your right then I lose nothing for believing in God, but if I'M RIGHT and when we die our faith decides if we go to Heaven or Hell well then at least I have a chance of going to heaven, while your definitely going to Hell. I'm just increasing my odds bro...
Only waivering christians find pascals wager convincing.
I cant be bothered to type out the list of flaws with it myself so here's a link:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.p...g_the_question
Old 2012-04-26, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
Only waivering christians find pascals wager convincing.
I cant be bothered to type out the list of flaws with it myself so here's a link:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.p...g_the_question
I care not about the flaws. I feel you take me too seriously lol
Old 2012-04-26, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vash02
Major

I care not about the flaws. I feel you take me too seriously lol
Maybe you're obnoxiously coloured signature annoys me.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Desert Fox, welcome to Poe's Law.
Old 2012-04-26, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Why do you hate freedom Vash?
Old 2012-04-26, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Why do you hate freedom Vash?
Because where one's freedom begins, other's freedom ends. Resizing your freedom would be nice.

Also OP - I've never seen people die from seeing symbols. Especially if these symbolize righteous sacrifice, not of the Lord, but instead of those who died protecting something. Hell, I'm even not against swastika on my grave if people take the symbol for a sign of my good deeds, not nazism.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-04-26 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2012-04-26, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Figment
Lieutenant General

Oi that's the dutch flag.

Let them Americans feel dutch!

(would be funnier if he used the Yugoslavian or Russian order of colours though)

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum