NC = Toast - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: how long do you think a Teletuby would last?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-26, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

As already pointed out the NC typically outnumber the VS or TR 2 to 1 on Emerald during primetime. I have been quite pleased with the results of this alliance as it is clear that lots of the NC are leaving the server either temporarily if not permenatly to go play other characters. I like this for several reasons.

1) They get to be on the receiving end of the Jackhammer/Enforcer/Vanguard for a while
2) Because there are fierce battles on the NC home conts, it has been a lot of fun to fight in different environments for once

Sure the Alliance will break down, hell I would be supprised if it lasts the weekend, but at least its fun playing in different areas and not against double or tripple the people

EDITED for clarification

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2003-09-26 at 01:30 PM.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cider_Ownz
Corporal

If it did happen, I am horribly ashamed of both the TR and VS at Emerald.

I would be a "jackass" and kill other vanus if given the chance.

2 factions vs. 1 faction=lame.

I hope the balance patch will solve this also .

Wait, let me clarify things-

The alliance is a cool idea, only if it is utilized once per a month or two.

But what that I'm afraid of is this becoming something popular.

It will be just plain stupid that way.

Last edited by Cider_Ownz; 2003-09-26 at 10:39 AM.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

So you're saying the population is typically 50% NC, 25% TR and 25% VS during primetime? Once again I seem to need to call bullshit on you, Oxo.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-26, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Actually, that would make it equal to the other two factions. I think he was thinking more of maybe 70% NC, 18% TR, 17% VS.
Old 2003-09-26, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I hope not, that's even more of a crock

"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-26, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

You make me laugh Happylilelf. If you dont know that there are more NC on emerald than TR or VS during primetime then I just dont know what to tell ya.
Old 2003-09-26, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

NC didn't outnumber anyone last night.

I was camping the Chac generator to deny VS magriders for about 30 minutes.

I sat around, did a /who teams.

It was like, 38% TR, 32% NC, and 30% VS.

Hardly 2 to 1.

But that's ok! As long as there are good fights every night, I don't care what happens!
Old 2003-09-26, 11:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Yeah, its been pointed out over and over again that the NC havent been outnumbering since the alliance
Old 2003-09-26, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Aen
First Sergeant

The alliance is/was a great idea in more ways than one. It actually pushes the NC into becoming defensive. It also is changing the way people play the game. Its a valid tactic and its fun. Anyone who played last night can't say they didn't have fun....

It was a blast!
Old 2003-09-26, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

38% NC, 30%, 32% TR does not equal two to one. Hell, 42% NC, 28% VS, 30% TR still doesn't equal two to one, not even close. GG again on tyring to defend another gross exaggeration though, Oxo. If you're going to argue things use facts not statistcs you make up to support yourself.

Oh yeah, good job on putting words into my mouth again as well. Did I ever say there weren't usually more NC than TR or VS? No? I didn't think so. The point was you're making shit up again as is your custom. There has never been a situation where NC outnumbered TR and VS two to one in prime time. Prime time number are usually pretty balanced with NC having a advantage and VS having a disadvantage with TR in the middle. Although since the VS balance adjustments the TR and VS seem to pass that back and forth and I even recall a couple of times where VS had the highest percentage which just seemed odd.

Sure there have been nights where it was more out of whack but that's not the norm. Last night no empire had the population advantage and two Empires teamed up on the third. The third got owned from being outnumbered by more than two to one. Gee, who woulda thunk it?

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2003-09-26 at 12:50 PM.
Old 2003-09-26, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Aen
First Sergeant

Not flaming ya, but thats the only time ive ever seen the NC outnumbered in my digital VS life.
Old 2003-09-26, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Meh, play more and/or pay more attention.
/who all teams is your friend

Old 2003-09-26, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Aen
First Sergeant

i know, i just found that out about a week ago.......
Old 2003-09-26, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Happy lil' Elf
Note to self: When the TR/VS alliance breaks down, as it surely will, and they go back to having their asses handed to them on a nightly basis be sure to create threads gloating about i...errrr I mean "asking how they feel about it".
This isn't a thread gloating about what happened. I simply want to discuss the event and it's ramifications.

Queensidecastle
As already pointed out the NC typically outnumber the VS and TR 2 to 1 on Emerald during primetime.
The NC have probably never had two times as many players both factions combined, and have probably rarely, if ever, had two times as many players as a single opposing faction. This claim is absurd and unfound.

Aen
Not flaming ya, but thats the only time ive ever seen the NC outnumbered in my digital VS life.
The dwindling number of NC last night can almost surely be directly related to their lack of a good campaign. The VS have population problems when it has territory problems. When we're doing well, we have fair numbers.

aiwest420
Funny, VS/TR need an alliance to beat us.

Actually, it's not funny, it' just pathetic.
It takes two empires to beat any faction. While they don't always make an allaince, coincidence takes it's toll on the targeted faction and that's how we end up with one faction with next to nothing. It is extremely rare when one faction gets even close to taking two entire home continents of another faction, let alone three. When it does happen by a single faction no doubt numbers play a roll. Your faction is not some special uber faction I hate to break it to you. Skill distribution across the three empires is very even contrary to what ever faction will claim about their own.
Old 2003-09-26, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Your not a really bright guy Happylilelf. What did I fucking tell you about responding to my posts? Your commentary is always full of shit, and I am sick and tired of your flames and personal attacks. When you start acting like an adult you might get some respect from people on this forum

While the server population for a whole day may not reflect 2 to 1 the stats do not track pops at primetime and what conts they are on. The fact of the matter is that a given cont like Foresal very often has 2x the number of NC vs TR on it during primetime. Do you actually think that NC on Emerald dominates because they have all the skilled players?

Finally:
The NC have probably never had two times as many players both factions combined, and have probably rarely, if ever, had two times as many players as a single opposing faction. This claim is absurd and unfound.
I am talking about a single faction such as TR or VS not both combined
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion