Reaver Vs. Mosquito - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Obamarama!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-23, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Acaila
First Lieutenant

A Liberator is fairly easy to hit with rockets.
Old 2004-01-23, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Lib tailgun owns just about any Air cavalry that isn't in packs. I remember being a TG for a lib while being persued by 3 reavers and a mossie. I was able to take down the mossie and 2 reavers before we got blown up. There are tricks though.

The lib pilot must point his nose down some and use the elevate botton in order to give the TG the most vertical field of fire as possible.

Reaver is better than Mossie if you dont have to deal with wall turrets. The menuverability difference is truely negligable.
Old 2004-01-23, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

a lib with a ball gunner has never stoped me, just get up above a little and you home free, because most libs will head tward the ground when they start to get shot at

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-23, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

Yeah, I tear up libbys 24/7 even with a tail gunner, if they tip the tail up, you go under them, tilt up and unload, when they tip the tail down, you strafe left/right elevate, unload. rinse and repeat. ive only gotten messed up once by a libby and thats cuz there was these 2 mossys that wouldnt take a hint, i already took out 3 of thier buddies and was gunna take the libby down before i got out numbered. To the guy who asked which is better, i say: Get Air Calvory and find out for yourself.
Old 2004-01-23, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Thats because 90% of Lib pilots dont know what the fuck they are doing People Cert the Liberator to bomb, not dogfight. Meanwhile missing out on how much it actually rocks at dogfights
Old 2004-01-23, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Jagd
Major

It's just that all of us Air Cav pilots are having a damn hard time remembering a single time we were shot down by a liberator. I have shot down a few mosquitos while flying lib without a tailgunner, but every time I've done it was because the stupid mosquito was just hovering there shooting at me with his puny 12mm, and didn't even try to evade once I had come about. As you said, it doesn't take long to down a skeeter with 35mm, but it is exceedingly hard to find co-operative enemy pilots.
Old 2004-01-23, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I spent some time flying a Reaver months ago. I really kind of sucked at it. I could get lots of kills with it but I would get shot down a lot and just wasnt satisfied with my performance. So I dont imagine I am all that good of a pilot. I do consider myself very good with the Liberator (as I can kill many foes and avoind getting shot down for long periods of time) but certainly not on the level of some pilots like Anakin and Maddog (sp?) So what gives? I shoot down scores of reavers and mossys. So much so that it becomes a very effective tool on the battlefied. I know that it is very unlikely that I could suck at the Reaver but be a great pilot in a Liberator so I can only assume performance is directly related to having superior weapons. When you thro a tailgunner in there and dump all the bombs and split the ammo it becomes just truly sick. So either there are an extreme number of really shitty pilots out there or the Liberator is a hell of a lot more powerfull than people realize. I am going with the latter.

So I encourage you great Reaver pilots out there to give Gunshiping a Lib a try sometime and really try at it. I would be very interested in hearing what top pilots can pull off with it
Old 2004-01-23, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
So either there are an extreme number of really shitty pilots out there or the Liberator is a hell of a lot more powerfull than people realize. I am going with the latter.
It's both really, liberator is very nice as a gunship, I use it alot. But I think the main thing is that 90% of reaver pilots suck. Not just suck, really suck. Most people I start to shoot at just fly in circles or afterburn to the nearest safe area.
Old 2004-01-24, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Anakin
Private

Just my opinon,
The aircraft are essentially equal, just good in different roles. If we're on the offensive, I generally like the Mosquito Better. It is far better at taking out mass numbers of ground troops than the reaver (doesnt run out of ammo as fast) and obviously doesn't have to worry about wall turrets. On Defense, however, and Especially with Dropship Benifits, I find myself leaning more towards the Reaver. The rockets are good for supressing troops as well as enemy ground vehicles and Max Units. Its far easier to 'hold down a tower' in a Reaver than a Mossie.

As for Air-Air...
Nearly a Tie. I would say the Reaver is **slightly** better air to air considering the fact that the Mosq cannot go toe to toe with it. That being said, an Adept Mosq Pilot can react to the direction of a Reaver's 'Turret' to get enough free shots from behind to take the Reaver down 99% of the time (when the Mosq gets the Jump). Best rule of thumb when dogfighting a Reaver in a Mosq, if you start taking heavy damage early in the battle, give it up and run away. A Mosq is *not* manuverable enough to completely outwit a good Reaver Pilot once he's zeroed in on you.
Old 2004-01-25, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Pfft, like he ^ knows anything. heh
Old 2004-01-25, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Jagd
Major

LOL! 32k kills, that's just sick. I wish I had that kind of time on my hands... Oh no wait, I don't.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion