Now what about space combat... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: wants to be inside you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-08, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

though my custom fleet will school you all....

I did eldar/Terran conversions ... i need a digi cam
Old 2004-03-08, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Otherick
Sergeant Major

Maybe like in Universal combat, orbital bombardment? that would be awesome but would kill ping
Old 2004-03-08, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Maybe somehow incorperating orbital strikes and space achievements...
Old 2004-03-08, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SlyMarbo
ok 1) it's BattleFLEET Gothic and i Prefer WH40K and 40K Epic
Oh MY! WH40K people here?

Brings back memories of my painting days, when I was in secondary school.
(Ok I was a *unique* girl)
I think I still got my little army of Slaesh Demonettes, Chao Champion and a company of Adeptus Astartes White Panther somewhere.....
Never did get round to playing the game, oh well...

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-08, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Unknown
First Sergeant

Honestly, the last thing we need is more places to spread out the already somewhat thin population to. The concept works for RPGs thanks to NPCs, you can add more and more areas and not have to worry about them being underpopulated, because you simply create the population for those areas (NPCs). That concept doesn't work for PS, since everything is player driven. If they do make more expansions then they should focus on more weapons and vehicles without adding too much extra area to spread the population to. Naval combat seems feasable for this, as they'll be using existing maps to fight on against non-expansion players as well as those with the expansion.

As it is now, we have enough population during prime-time to have 2 big battles and maybe 1 or 2 smaller ones, that's not counting the (non-existant) cave battles. If they make CC funner and people actually start fighting there, then it might be more like 1 big battle on the surface and a big battle in a cavern with a few smaller battles on the surface (maybe 2 big battles on the surface at peak). Imagine what would happen if they added even more areas to fight in, especially if they're fun. I dunno, it might work if they throw in some crazy limitation system like the current CC limit (only 2 caverns open at a time), but I'd rather see them concentrate on the existing maps, Naval Combat meshes with this nicely.

In any case, they probably aren't going to make a new expansion for a few months to come, maybe half a year or more before they even get started. With Capitols to work on, CC improvements, new capitol buildings eventually, and perhaps even OBO and fame-and-glory before they even start an expansion up again. My guess is that they'll work on most of the stuff they've already announced and maybe one or two new vehicles/weapons and then they'll crank out a new expansion. Either Orbital Platforms or Naval Combat, my money's on Naval Combat .
Old 2004-03-08, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Maybe just make the ships for outfits only, if you have a certain OP than you get a certain class of ship. This rewards outfits who preform better, and if not OP do some kind of preformance status for each outfit that any new outfit can easily reach. And even allow larger ships for outfit alliances.
Old 2004-03-08, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by slytiger
Maybe just make the ships for outfits only, if you have a certain OP than you get a certain class of ship. This rewards outfits who preform better, and if not OP do some kind of preformance status for each outfit that any new outfit can easily reach. And even allow larger ships for outfit alliances.
Oh man if that was true the Devil Dogs would have 20 "Battlecrusier" (like the one in Homeworld2) running around in deep space. Maybe this is a good time to discuss a new cert . This is..... kinda of a cert, you know when u enlist in the armed services you chose your branch of service (I.E Navy, Army, Marines). This way, say you join the NC Navy , you can go up in class and be able to control your own Starship I.E Captain Kirk (god i hope i spelled kirk right) or that squidy lookin guy from Starwars: The Return of The Jedi.
Old 2004-03-08, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Oh MY! WH40K people here?

Brings back memories of my painting days, when I was in secondary school.
(Ok I was a *unique* girl)
I think I still got my little army of Slaesh Demonettes, Chao Champion and a company of Adeptus Astartes White Panther somewhere.....
Never did get round to playing the game, oh well...
I play Warhammer 40K. And read the books too.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

40k rocks. I have almost every single book on it, and some Eldar lying around, and a fair-sized force of Tyranids (they're colored green and red, blinding), so...yeah. I've never played it with someone tho.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Yay for 40k Love that game (not that my character names would be any sort of tip off )

Thanks to not having any real bills or local g/fs to suck away money (long distance ones still find a way, for future reference) for a few years, I have an insane collection or 40K, WHFB, BFG and LotR...soon to include the new Epic again.

Anyway, Space combat would be cool...if they could fix the core PS gameplay first. Having a really cool space arena won't mean much if only 5 people are around to see it.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
OfaLoaf
Colonel

Would the ships be Imperial design-ish or what?

All I got is a Duantless class light cruiser... Imperial Guard rocks!
Old 2004-03-09, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

If they were to base it off of BFG, I doubt the Imperials would be the choice. Far too gothic and cathedral-like. The Chaos ships maybe, but most likely they'd take the new Tau or the Eldar ships (with the solar sails toned down a bit).

Of course, they won't base it off of BFG mainly due to the fact that GW is more hyper-actively protective of anything that *might* resemble their IP that they've become very lawyer-happy of late. The Devs don't want to get into that sort of fight.
Old 2004-03-09, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
OfaLoaf
Colonel

I could imagine TR ships like the IG fleet, VS like the Eldar or Tau, and NC... Space Marines.

Pity about GW and the Devs, tho'.
Old 2004-03-09, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Technically, the Imperial Navy and Imperial Guard are two entirely separate entities.

But yeah, those would pretty much line up with how things are...interesting point. I almost feel like we should be providing links for the non-BFGers to understand...lol.
Old 2004-03-09, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
OfaLoaf
Colonel

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/bfg/default.htm
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion