no nerf on maxes *tear* - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now broadcasting in HDTV
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-08, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zetre
First Sergeant

no nerf on maxes *tear*

Wow. I just came back from a little round of PS where we couldn't take a base because 400 maxes were flooding out of it. Even when we got in, there was no hope, because those things are invincible, especially indoors. And guess why we had to take the base in the first place. Why you ask, because about 30 maxes rushed us, and took down our huge mass of like 100 people. This has gotten waaaaay out of hand. Maxes are like walking tanks, except with more armor, and they're harder to hit. A max takes more hits to take down with the pheonix than a mosquito does. It takes as many hits to kill a lighting as a max. This wouldn't be sooo bad, but maxes can go indoors. It is really lame when 1 class of armor can dominate the indoors, and most of the time, the entire game. All you need is one hacker/ engineer, and all the rest can be maxes. Urgh
Old 2003-05-08, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

yeah, that's what i've been afraid of ever since i heard the 'max' concept (year or 2 ago?). Not too much bitching about it so far, but i can just see maxes with hackers and engineers owning practically everything and everyone.
Old 2003-05-08, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Out of the 100 people around on your side, there weren't 30 maxes to combat the 30 that came in?? Or at the least, 30 people didn't decide to switch to maxes to adapt to the threat??

Considering that I took down a max yesterday in standard armor (don't ask why I was only in standard, I really don't know) with a sweeper shotgun, I'm not impressed with your argument to nerf them.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-05-08, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zetre
First Sergeant

yeh, unfortunately i have seen it. It's sad. I unloaded 2 clips of AP rounds with my surpressor on one, and he still had a whole bunch of life left. It's really stupid. There's no reason to have 1 thing dominate in a game. Counterstrike has the same damn prob, and it sucks now. Here is how i think it should be done. I think that maxes should only be spawnable in bases. They should be much less armored. They also should have more appropriate weapons. The weapons right now are lame. Sparrow does like a ton to aircraft, but not much too infantry. Uhhhhhhhh. and 1 infantryman should be able to take one indoors. I think it should require some clever manuvering, but they shouldn't just be able to anahalate everything that walks through a door. Ugh, i'm rambling, but yeh, if devs are watchin, DO SOMETHING
Old 2003-05-08, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
InuYasha
Corporal

Well I finally got to play the game today, finally. And I have to say that MAX units are quite good. They make retaking towers pretty difficult, that's for certain. I sure wouldn't want to try taking a tower from more than three or four at a time. You won't see me in a MAX unit though, at least not for a while. I like being infantry too much.

InuYasha
Newest grunt for the New Conglomerate
Old 2003-05-08, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hife246
Corporal

Hate to say it bud but ITS A SUPRESSOR.. I'm not in beta but I know (or am pretty sure) that even if u are using AP rounds form that gun its gonna take awhile..
Old 2003-05-08, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Zetre
1 infantryman should be able to take one indoors.
First off, one infantryman can take a MAX. But considering that it's a mini tank vs a regular guy, I don't see why you think that this should be a fair one on one fight. For he most part, if one infantry attacks a MAX, he should get owned.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-05-08, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nekota
Corporal

Well I'm not sure if this works or not because I generally don't end up taking grenades with me. However don't the jammer grenades paralyze MAXs? If not they should. The tactic I use to take out a MAX is to use my infiltrating engineer place a boomer at their feet and sneak off to blow it up I've taken out all kinds of stuff doing this and it's a hell'uva lot of fun.
Old 2003-05-08, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hife246
Corporal

Their made to be able to take on multiple guys (from what I've read.. rly sry if I'm wrong) but outdoors is probably where an infantry man will do better cause there's more places to move.
Old 2003-05-08, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
darknight
Private

yes, maxes can anhilate anything that walks throught the door.
Solution: DON'T JUST WALK THROUGH THE DOOR. Two hits from a decimator will kill any max. Use large weapons to kill a max. Think about it, you would use a fly swatter to kill a fly, but against a rat or a mouse you would use someting like a hammer, or a mouse trap. Thusly, you would not use a pistol or a very light rifle to kill a MAX, you would use a large gun, like the Phoenix, or the Decimator, or even a Rocklet rifle. A MAX will always take advantage of its tougher armor and bigger guns because you should always take advantage of your superior mobility and broader choice of weaponry to take them out. I know this because I have fought many MAX's, fought as a MAX many times, and usually die about as often with each. And suppressors don't work well against infantry, why should they work well against a MAX.

Last edited by darknight; 2003-05-08 at 09:58 PM.
Old 2003-05-08, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WildCard101
Private

How many sniper shots does it take to kill a MAX?

www.antimatrix.net

"Put as much power as you can into a single shot. Cause most of the time, thats all you get." -Me
Old 2003-05-08, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Prolific
Corporal

Omg why are you whining about MAXs....they're just fine. Not to strong and not to weak. I can take on MAXs outdoors pretty easily, well not easily but I can put up a hell of a fight. Indoors is another story but that can be expected.
Old 2003-05-08, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
staz
Corporal

<<<<< LOOK AT ME IM A SOLDIER! W00000

Yeh maxes are like uhm fine!
Old 2003-05-08, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
darknight
Private

the sniper rifle is harmless to a MAX because it is not made for attacking vehicles.
Old 2003-05-08, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

There are many ways to deal with a MAX - cheapest is with your own AV MAX.

In my experience they are balanced and NOT in need of nerf.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion