How are the pistols? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where shooting yourself in the foot is acceptable.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-12, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mydis
Corporal

How are the pistols?

Are pistols very effective? Are they ever used other than when you desperatly need somthing else to shoot with before you have time to reload?

Are there situations where a pistol is better than your primary weapon(s)?

How about individual pistols? How do they compare?
Old 2003-04-12, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

From what I've seen. The AMP is very effective. Possibly killing in 1 and 1/2 clips. That's based on miir's video.
Pistols are not too under powered like most games, but will obviously not be as effective as rifles.
Old 2003-04-12, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

The amp is very cool. Haven't tried much of the repeater so dunno, Beamer is meh (just like all the other VS weapons, damn unbalanced empires!) and the mag-scatter 0wnz!

Seriously it's bitching, i can actually kill MAXs in an infil suit thanks to that little guy. (obviously said MAXs have to be dmg somewhat already)
Old 2003-04-12, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Are the pistols any good for us Reniforced armor wearing grunts? If I have 2 rifle slots will there ever be a time that the pistol on my hip will be benificial? I will probably use them even if they aren't just because of how cool the Reapeter looks. Looks like the pistol from Unreal Tournement (the first one, not 2003)
Old 2003-04-12, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tieom
Master Sergeant

Is there any case in which using your pistol would be better than your rifle? I.e. If you're NC with a gauss and run into a TR with a cycler, would it be better to whip out your MAG-scatter, or stay with the gauss?
Old 2003-04-12, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The MAG-Scatter and AMP are the only pistols that are effective at killing people. The other fire too slowly, do too little damage, and have to small a clip to matter. As such, the AMP and MAG-Scatter are basically the only weapons Infiltrators use. And, no, knives aren't as good as a lot of non-Beta people are thinking.
Old 2003-04-12, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Thanks Warborn. Well, that changes everything. Ok, wich is better for infiltrating then? MagScatter or AMP? Cause I just may have to start another player on another server when the game hits retail to be a NC infiltrator. Thanks in advance
Old 2003-04-12, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
�io
Lieutenant General

For NC infil without a doubt the Mag, in an infil u can easily get up close and use full blast.

And knives aren't weak either Warborn, i know i've killed a few with it. You just need to have the melee booster and use secondary fire. Find a guy who's alone and camping a spot and enjoy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion