Cert Costs from a beta tester - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Cadillac of Planetside Fan Sites
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-11, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
OutlawGummy
Corporal

Yea but according to smoke they will be fixing that, part of taking vehicle damage from terrain out (meaning no damage over small hills and stuff, running into trees and off cliffs will still hurt though).
Old 2003-04-11, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Once they fix the Pot-hole issue, that is, every pot-hole does dammage to a Lightning, then it'll rock

It's probably the third fastest in the game, right behind the Basilisk.

The cert costs are high, but it makes you not be Gawd at everything... plus they give you 3 for free.

So

BR 1 = 4 certs
BR 2 = 5 certs and so on

Not as bad but no one is going to be UBER Ausault Galaxy Tank pilot before BR 15 or so.
Old 2003-04-11, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
OutlawGummy
Corporal

Yea the cert costs really aren't that bad. By BR 10 you can end up with a pretty well rounded character that can gives you some options as to how you want to play. Most recently, I've been playing with a BR 10 char with medium assault, reinforced, sniper, AI max, and wraith certs.

I love to snipe (though it can be difficult), so I often load up a wraith with sniper ammo and go find a sweet spot to set up on. But I have a cycler (medium assault) to fall back on in close range, plus an AI max for when I want to get up close and personal
Old 2003-04-11, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

OH yeah, what I play at BR 10

My primary (named Crease for when your in game) runs with Reinforced, Medium Assault, Heavy Assault, Bassilisk with the Regenerate implant and a few cert points left over.

My Alt (Morgolus) is Inf, Hack, Adv Hack, Wraith, Musquito. and the melee booster implant.

Both my characters can wrack up the kills...

Once everyone gets in I'm real easy to spot, I carry 2 Chainguns, one loaded AI, the other loaded AP... Plus it looks Kewl!
Old 2003-04-11, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Spitnaz
Private

And think about it, you can only do so much at one time. Having two vehicle certs may give you options, but I'd like to see you fly a reaver and a mosquito at the same time. You could get all the support certs, but then you'd have to dig in your inventory to switch out which ones you were using, and as far as weapons go, a lot of people (like me) use the same rifle in both weapon slots and one has regular ammo and the other has AP ammo for faster switching (saves about 2 seconds which is worth it when a max rolls around the corner...not to say you'll usually live against a max solo, but I've done it enough times that Im not afraid to stand and fight).

Edit: Hunter kind of verified what I said while I was writing. We have almost the exact same set up except I use the harrasser because I like to transport a partner with me to new places and I use the shield implant.

Running around with two chainguns on your back really is cool, although it's hard to believe I don't get back spasms.

Last edited by Spitnaz; 2003-04-11 at 06:48 PM.
Old 2003-04-12, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

gonn bump this... good info.

soooo.. ::bump::
Old 2003-04-12, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by simba
you have to buy the lighting cert b4 u can buy the empire specific tank cert, so maybe it is my friend, maybe it is.
No you don't.

Here, I'll add the pre-requisites. All weapon skills aside from Medium Assault require Medium Assault before they can be bought. So you can't skip right to anti-vehicular, you need to get Medium Assault first.

All Utility skills require their basic component before the advanced component can be bought. So, before Advanced Hacking, you need Hacking.

That's absolutely it as far as pre-requisites go.
Old 2003-04-12, 05:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ruthless
Sergeant

max AA is cheapest max? hmmm
Old 2003-04-12, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

they do have a cert calculator at planetside.info
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion