The Decimator - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Limit: 10,000 posts per visit
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-09-12, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rightwing
First Sergeant

The Decimator

The refire rate in secondary mode on the Decimator has been nerfed to a crawl. Its on the test server and will be live soon.

No more taking out planted Pounders with ease then

I asked a CSR in PS chat about it and he said it was a bug, but it was one of our only defenses against planted Pounders.

Post your thoughts.
Old 2003-09-12, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

KILL THE GOD DAMN BUG
Old 2003-09-12, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Indecisive
Major General

well time to go get owned. everyone and their moms bitch will have a pounder now.
Old 2003-09-12, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I didn't realize the refire rate on the decimator was so critical.
Old 2003-09-12, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rightwing
First Sergeant

Yeah, if you use the Decimator in secondary fire mode, you can fire off the next shot as soon as the first shot lands, so you don't have to wait on it to 'recharge'.

And since it can kill a MAX in two hits, its going to be harder with the Adv Meds and Engineers pumping nanites and med units into the MAXes.
Old 2003-09-12, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

NO!!!! THEY NERFED THE SECONDARY FIRE RATE?!?!?! DAMNIT! It wont be NEAR as useful now...guess ima be using a rocklet more often...
Old 2003-09-12, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcat170
Sergeant

Uh Try working in teams rather than 1 man wreaking crews

2 Decimators firing at once are still damm quick.

TACTICS!
Old 2003-09-12, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

SCREW TACTICS! lol, nah its just really usefull for tower battles where no one has AV or SA...and since its soooo weak against ppl the grief stayed relatively low...i dunno, but i used it 24/7. It was always in my inventory...
Old 2003-09-12, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Madcat try coordinating tactics while a Max is wall bouncing gernades down a stairwell at you.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-12, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mazzic
Corporal

Doppler, try getting around behind them. If its in a Tower. do a Gal Drop.

Meanwhile, I'll be taking pot shots with my repeater while surging to get some distance in between the NC guy running at me with a Jackhammer.

But, christ. Just because YOU can't find a way around or, a way to Beat a situation. It does not mean that it is unbalanced. It's difficult to argue balance when you are talking about Player Vs. Player. Brute Force doesn't always work. Think creatively.

Also, if you are only effetive with one weapon... Well all I have to say to that is, no wonder you're bored.
Old 2003-09-12, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Pounders aside I'd just like to say: Thank fucking god. People can shoot my lightning with a Deci and then get another off before I can even start to disengage. If I've taken any damage that's it for my tank. Try having to drive a tank back to the battle only to get killed by a couple rapid fire decis over and over for a night, it gets old quick.

The deci getting fixed isn't the problem. The problem is there's an indirect fire area of effect AI MAX that can lock down to increase it's rate of fire. Any one of those features by itself isn't too bad. It's when you put them together that it starts to become a major bitch in certain situations. That said, Pounders are pretty easy to work around if you use your head.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-12, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Prophaniti
Private

Are you joking? Oh no, now there's ONE LESS CHEAP WEAPON THAT TR DONT HAVE! Holy crap, you people should quit whining and look at all the rest of the great stuff that Terran don't have. Vanu? I haven't been in one battle with them without half a dozen lashernoobs blowing everyone away with their overwhelming cheapness. New Conglomerate - have you people forgotten about Phoenixes and Noobhammers? Honestly, are you that threatened now that you realize the Terran actually have something good?

Last edited by Prophaniti; 2003-09-12 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2003-09-12, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cease
First Sergeant

Prophaniti, I tried to figure out what your point was, but I can't.

Mazzic, its not about being good with one weapon. The Max Pounder is hands down the best AI weapon in the game. Its AE damage makes it brutal. Yea, its has its drawbacks and weaknesses, but secondary fire mode is what made the Decimator an appealing weapon for many AV users.

This was a bad change IMO. I have a BR20 on TR/Emerald who is Pounder certed. I know what the Pounder can and can't do. I've also been a die-hard decimator user. I would have rather seen the Decimator NOT nerfed, because IMO, this gives more merit for a Pounder nerf now.

Last edited by Cease; 2003-09-12 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2003-09-12, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

look be us and u woyuldnt consider being a noob our HA weapon lives up to what NC are supposed to have.Now u shutup noob.
Old 2003-09-12, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Prophaniti,
Step One- Rephrase your message to make it coherent and perhaps more importantly to have a point.
Step Two-...

Step Three- Profit.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion