High Res Tectures Back!! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BIG BOOBS! ( . )( . )
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-06, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

it has a 3 meter radius, that means that it hits EVERYTHING WITHIN 3 METERS OF IT. THE WHOLE WAY. Firing with a pounder, you can shoot between 2 friendlies and still hit the target with no grief, but with a lasher, you would have hit BOTH of them on the way. The other HA doesn't HAVE splash damage. And with the CQ lash, a friendly could stand PARRALELL TO YOU AND STILL GET LASHED.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-06, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Which is why I posted an initial solution to the problem instead of bitching about it and offering no solutions about it. Three meters is a hell of a radius to lash shit at- so they can either cone it out, or lash on contact.

I don't care how the damn weapon works- it's a huge injustice that the friggin Lasher doesn't damage friendly troops, when every other weapon does damage. Don't punish the rest of the empires because some GED-having retread fucked up or came up with a shitty idea that only those who suffer at its hands know how to fix.
Old 2004-03-06, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Pogostickx
Private

the lasher dosn't damage friendlys? the last thing i killed with it was a teammate :-/
Old 2004-03-06, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pogostickx
the lasher dosn't damage friendlys? the last thing i killed with it was a teammate :-/
It don't have Lash Friendlies.
Old 2004-03-06, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Pogostickx
Private

oh i see what you mean, direct hits will hurt...but it won't do the "lash" to them.

i never noticed that
Old 2004-03-06, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

LOL you two go back and forth about there shafting or not shafting then POOF

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by KIAsan
Cool, high res textures are back. Although, I didn't see a lot of them in the playtest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see them. They're not as 'hi' rez as they used to be. We got shafted again.
Old 2004-03-06, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Well yea, look at the DC switch. That thing was godlike as an AI Max in beta. They switched it, then switched it back, and now it's the French AI Max. Same thing happened with the textures.
Old 2004-03-07, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by dscytherulez

I have that exact same system, except I only got a gig of RAM and it's only PC-2700. I rarely, if EVER, dropped below 30 FPS. Even in huge zergs. I'd think you should be doing better than that.
I get the feeling I should be getting higher fps as well honestly, but I'm not sure what I can do to up it =\

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-03-08, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
You're whining about 60fps? /boggle

Tell ya what, get back to me when it hovers around 7-11fps and you can get all the way up to the 20s if you're in the middle of an open field staring at the ground.

Sad part is I still hover around 45-50fps (15-20fps in large fights) and I'm now playing on a-
AMD 3k
1.5GB of PC3200 400mhz
9800 Pro 128mb card
Out of curiosity, what levels are you running your graphics at? I'm on a Pentium 2.4, 9600 xt and I just barely upgraded my RAM to 1 GB (although it's only PC2100) and I'm seeing significantly better performance than that. I am at medium settings on just about everything with flora turned off completely. I would guess if I jumped my settings up some I'd see the performance you're seeing but right now I rarely dip below 35 fps.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

I didn't know the lasher "lashes" people even when it flies pass an enemy. thats pretty funky. I like that, its a quirky Vanu-thang.

Don't know why your so angry firefly, seems fine to me. Perhaps the Vanu has special Armour that makes it's weapons "friendly" with each other?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I'm not angry about it. I got angry that I was attacked for asking a legitimate question, and then received somewhat of an answer in the form of stupid, basic-level information that EVERYONE knows.

I want to know why there is only ONE weapon that does not grief friendlies with its most important main feature, when the rest of the empires all have NO comparable weapons. Special features are special features. The Jackhammer is a powerful quick-fire weapon that hits hard at close ranges and tears through just about anything. The MCG is a rapid-fire weapon, that's about all it does. It fires the same ammo as most other small arm weapons in the game.

Then there's the Lasher. Its special feature is that it lashes anything along its trajectory at a supposed 3-meter radius. That's great. That's swell, that's a good special feature unique to the Vanu. I don't have a problem with it lashing, I don't have a problem with that as a special feature or that it lashes enemies. I don't care if it doesn't lash in under five meters, that means piss to me. So what if I can get in close? I can back far away from a Jackhammer and blow his brains out with my Cycler.

The key is, the clincher is, IT DOES NOT LASH FRIENDLIES. That's no grief. That's horribly unbalanced. That's more like TWO special features. If it lashed friendlies and enemies, then I wouldn't care. It would be fair and balanced all around. It would also prevent lasher spam, which as you may have noticed is a SERIOUS problem right now.
Old 2004-03-08, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Hey, Firefly, we'd like to keep the empires DIFFRENT, ok? Vanu technology at work. If it lashed friendlies nobody would use it.
Old 2004-03-08, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Firefly
I know, I was in beta as well.

The damn thing should lash friendlies. If you're standing in front of the firing line, you should damn well suffer the penalties JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER EMPIRE. If you're an ignorant retard and you step in front of someone firing a weapon that explodes, you take explosion damage. If you're in a blast radius, you take damage.

So why the hell does the Lasher NOT do that? That's so unbalanced it's pathetic. The TR Pounder was the same thing, a grief machine. You either played intelligently and didn't spam, or you didn't step out in front of one. If you're a dumbass, you deserve to pay the price. Not just TR and NC dumbasses. They can easily fix that by making it lash on contact, or make the lash a cone effect, so that as it goes further out, it lashes farther. But if you're a stupid moron and go firing a weapon near friendlies, they deserve to die and you deserve the grief. Plain and simple.

It's not fair or balanced that hordes of Vanu can fire the thing in CQB situations and not kill a single one, while the rest of us with HA weapons are equal-opportunity killers.
Yes, it needs a nerf. Turning it into an energy chainsaw of friendly death is not the way to approach that problem. Nobody used it back in beta because you'd kill more friendlies then enemies.
Old 2004-03-08, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
delta
First Sergeant

Yay,
I didn't know they were gone, but yay!

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2004-03-08, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I've noticed that it realy acctuualy runs better on P4's (not with HT on) by a very reasonable amount

that could accout for some things

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion