Is it just me, or have the VS gotten better? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU: SEE! I told you it is still here!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-22, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info
Re: Is it just me, or have the VS gotten better?

Originally posted by Jaged
Sience the patch, the VS have been owning us NC everywhere I go. I never had a problem with them before the patch. What is going on? Could they be replacing the TR as one of the two stronger empires? I havent had much of a problem with TR lately.
You mean last night at Cyssor? Hehheh, u shouldv'e called us TR for help, o wait, we were part of the problem too. Ahh, that was a fun night last night.

woawoa wait. A nc is cring about vanu being overpowered and cying about NC being weak, am i hearing a NC complain about losing?? Ahh i always watned to hear that, thx Vanu, u made my day!

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-06-22, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Seer
Major

Navaron, that's the lancer--our 'anti vehicle' weapon. It does 40 or 45 HP damage per hit against any infantryman. It's got a 6 round clip that basically means your target is dead if they don't move after getting shot once. Three shots to kill infantryman. Not one, not two, three. It ignores armor almost completely. Having played against the VS on other servers, sometimes the lag makes it seem like you're getting 1SKd, but its really two or three shots back to back.

Caveats: it's very difficult to hit moving target. It aims like a sniper rifle--the cof contracts rapidly, though. The COF is somewhat like an AR so it is not terribly accurate, and you can burn a magazine trying to get three shots in on a moving or distant target. It has a half second or so warm up time before the weapon actually fires after pressing the trigger, so your target has to be stationary or travelling on the same vector for a good length of time. Of course, since it is av, you can't carry many shots.

I've neglected the lancer since the recent lag patches made warping a much more common occurance. Nothing is more frustrating than having your targets warp around while using such a sensitive weapon.
Old 2003-06-22, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Well i recently made a move to Markov. Though i'm not saying it's cuz of me.

Felt really good to finally kill with the Pulsar. I think the Gauss still owns it however. And the AV seems to actually help. Since nobody uses the lancer for anything but sniping j/k. Most ppl use it hunt MAXS. And it seems our weapons are intended for more ranged fighting.

Jackhammers and MiniCGs are really hard to beat. But at least it can be done.

Pulsar AV takes 3 full clips to kill a max. Without missing and after reloading twice. Thats alot of time and not very good odds. But if several grunts can gang up on max in the open. It looks like we're on safari bringing down a rhinosaurus. Very entertaining.
Old 2003-06-22, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Re: Is it just me, or have the VS gotten better?

Originally posted by BUGGER33
woawoa wait. A nc is cring about vanu being overpowered and cying about NC being weak, am i hearing a NC complain about losing?? Ahh i always watned to hear that, thx Vanu, u made my day!
Ok, first of al, I was not cring. I was not saying that the NC were weak, or the VS were overpowered. (I was, however saying that the TR were weak). I was mearly asking why the Vanu had been doing so well lately. Like you, I had never realy been owned by Vanu before. Over the last few days it has been hapening alot. I am not saying nerf the Vanu or upgrade the NC. Im just curious, thats all.
Old 2003-06-22, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

transient ship jumpers. overall TR was the highest populated empire for quite awhile. they get a half-assed 'slap on the wrist' nerf to their MAXes, and everyone jumps ship. not long after they hear that Vanu are getting partially fixed with a weapons boost, so they all hop over to play the flavor of the month. don't worry, the inherant suckitude of vanu will scare them off in a week or two then it'll be same-old same-old vanu asswhooping.
Old 2003-06-22, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Robot
Major

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
Nah, I'm in reinforced all day long. Drops me in 1 or 2 hits every time. Bug maybe?
no, it can take down reinforced in two or three hits as well, but, as stated, it's rediculously hard to hit with. the reason so many people use it is that it's very, very versatile. (it can change from good AV damage to good AI damage, which is what the vanu weapons are supposed to reflect, i guess)
Old 2003-06-22, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Solendon
Corporal

Old 2003-06-22, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by SumYungGui
blah blah blah...suckitude...blah blah blah
suckitude? That's awsome, I gotta remember that.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-23, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
tmartinez72
Sergeant

Population. Simple numbers. Emerald has the lowest VS pop, and get owned like no other. Emerald is basically a TR v NC world now.

On Markov, it's becoming a TR v VS world. NC had the lowest pop when I checked yestarday 9pm pst (VS38% TR33% NC29%!). It was also the first time I've seen in along time, the little NC logo appeared at the World Server Selection screen for needed Empire.

I think the "Devil Dogs" are driving away some NC. I've talked to a few, and they are complaigning they are running it like a pre-pubescent army. Ordering people around like they are paying for other's accounts. Whatever. Try not to listen to rumors.
Old 2003-06-23, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tryndamere
Sergeant

That's why people should ignore rumors and hype and just play for fun.

Each empire is more than capable of killing enemies.
Old 2003-06-23, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Grunt
Private

I just seems to me and the VS as a whole seem to have a more mature group of players. Not ALL of them mind you, but a lot. And I think some of us are starting to play this game more tactically in terms of the big picture of the game (winning each day) versus just trying to grab XP.

Sure, capping bases where there's no enemy is boring, but if it's done a lot it really hooks up your race and at some point will take some of the enemy away from a big fight elsewhere.
Old 2003-06-23, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Seer
Navaron, that's the lancer--our 'anti vehicle' weapon. It does 40 or 45 HP damage per hit against any infantryman. It's got a 6 round clip that basically means your target is dead if they don't move after getting shot once. Three shots to kill infantryman. Not one, not two, three. It ignores armor almost completely. Having played against the VS on other servers, sometimes the lag makes it seem like you're getting 1SKd, but its really two or three shots back to back.
That gun is hella effective against snipers though. I've been in position and fired on a lancer user as he took his first shot on me, we both hit and I decided to stay in place and reload to take him out with my 2nd shot. Before the 2nd shot was available, he'd taken 2 more shots on me and killed me. It reloads and fires pretty quickly to be able to do that.
Old 2003-06-23, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Agathon
Sergeant

Well...

Hello,

I agree that they seem to be doing better. Their weapons have always been really deadly if you ask me since they go right through armor practically. All the whiners of course failed to mention that tiny fact when they complained. The Vanu on Emerald did a wonderful job yesterday from my experience by working together and having very skilled players. The added power of their weapons helped only a tiny bit if at all though.

The long range rifle they have is insane, and I agree with the other poster above that standing still you are toast against it with NC weapons. It simply fires way too fast. For the entire game though, all weapons and all players wide, sitting still is asking for a spawn imho. The only time I stand still is when I'm behind cover and required to sit still to heal, revive, or repair someone.

Mosher, my wife does the same thing you do, and you should look me up on Emerald. The group I fight with would love to have you along as a scout. We still value recon as a squad, and snipers are perfect for giving much needed intelligence.

8-)
Old 2003-06-23, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Slab
Corporal

I think that all the bandwagoners just joined Vanu on other servers because they heard they got lots of upgrades.

Believe it or not, people are THAT shallow.

How did the Vanu, which always had the lowest population size on Markov during prime time and off peak hours, go to being the most populated server?

Doesn't matter to me since I always look for the server where a faction isn't doing well.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."

Last edited by Slab; 2003-06-23 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2003-06-23, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Since the last patch I don't think I've seen Johari with anything but TR being the lowest populated empire. Now I'm wishing they did something other than that crummy 1% experience gain.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion