TR's fine, you just suck. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where people with lives aren't welcome
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-24, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

TR's fine, you just suck.

Simple as that. We're massively outnumbered on Emerald, and our leaders don't understand any concepts higher than zerg, yet we still manage to do decent. The TR forces are about 85% zombies who sprint from point A to point B, die, and respawn. The so called leaders and cr4 and 5 guys, don't know leadership from a hole in the ground. Despite having enemies with nigh defenceble weapons (The Lancer is lame and you know it), the TR still manages to have a presence. This in itself is amazing.

The fact is, TR is fine, even if underpopulated. The problem lies within the leadership. As far as I know, there aren't any great battle plans or massive coordinations going on. Every now and then, some schmuck will come on and say, "Umm, Gunuku kinda needs an ant, so if you're not doing anything, could you drive one by?" - which is NOT fucking leading.

Don't give me crap about weapon nerfs either. I was dropping 8 vanu to my 1 death all night tonight as we got stomped backwards.

The whole point of this is: If you're a TR leader, get your head out of your ass. Start leading. If you don't know how, go watch ANY fucking war movie, listen to CDL transcripts of squad talk, watch any of these tutorials out there. Your job isn't to ask people to do things, it's to get stuff done. So do it.

This has been a paid broadcast of the Navarone bitching system. This channel and it's advertisers do not neccessarily support or condone the actions of Navarone. This concludes our regularly scheduled broadcast day. Thank you, and God Bless America.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-24, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Simple as that. We're massively outnumbered on Emerald, and our leaders don't understand any concepts higher than zerg, yet we still manage to do decent. The TR forces are about 85% zombies who sprint from point A to point B, die, and respawn. The so called leaders and cr4 and 5 guys, don't know leadership from a hole in the ground. Despite having enemies with nigh defenceble weapons (The Lancer is lame and you know it), the TR still manages to have a presence. This in itself is amazing.
Replace TR with NC or VS and guess what? It's the same thing.

Oh wait, the NC has the Jackhammer and VS has the lancer. But TR sure doesn't have any good weapons

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Seer
Major

Hey, what do you know! The tr are massively outnumbered atm. I think it is a temporary thing, but if it isn't, welcome to long nights of barely clinging to your sanc continents. Maybe I'll get to fulfill my fantasy of pwning you guys on Forseral like you did to us at Amerish.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

i play on markov as NC and when im in a squad i will ask peeps there BR. theres 1 or 2 peeps that have a low one but say they used to play TR and did not like. theres a lot of TR chainging empires.
Old 2003-06-24, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

im happy he said it, because when i say it all i hear are "no, we just got nerfed and now jackhammers destroy all our maxs"
Old 2003-06-24, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ghost018

Originally posted by MJBuddy
im happy he said it, because when i say it all i hear are "no, we just got nerfed and now jackhammers destroy all our maxs"
Strange, because I've never heard that....

Personally, I could care less if your Jackhammer can kill in 2 to 4 shots. After all, it takes 4 certification points for Heavy Assault. Only thing I'd like to see is the MiniChaingun receive some sort of Cone of Fire improvement. That thing's useless if you hold fire down any longer than a second.

Old 2003-06-24, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

I read your post twice and I still don't understand if you're implying in the title that the 2 other empires suck or that the TR players suck.
Old 2003-06-24, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fuzzymath
Private

I dono, the TR on some servers are pulling it together. I mean tonight, we managed to lock down our backyards. Then push in and lock down Amerish and solsar. Thanks to the help of the two CR5's (Demigod, Crab) leading us to victory.

Now, The TR CG not nurfed...Witch was ok I guess, but then the Jackhammer got upped. To a power level BEYOND that of the Chain-gun BEFORE its Nerf. That sort of sucked...but I'm starting to agree with what a few people I've talked to That have suggested not to Nerf the Jackhammer. Just make the Chain-gun equally strong =P Nerfing is evil, over powering on the other hand, is not.

As for that bit "no, we just got nerfed and now jackhammers destroy all our max's". This is just a merry go round. Back in the beta the NC where complaining about the TR's gun. So it got nerfed. Then our Maxs..*poof*..NURF!. Now, they want our striker? And when we go to make a fuss, we get flamed? (SEE; The official PS forum =/) I mean, you can kill our max's with ease, but you all get all up set when we ask to do the same to yours? That just seems messed up to me...

Also, the TR are no longer a 'Chain-gun fraction'. In fact, very few people use it now. The few that do use it, mainly have the cert to use stolen Jackhammers. The Chain-gun is hardly worth 4 certs now. Its worth about 3 certs, seeing at this point it's just as strong as the NC jackhammer was back in the beta. (I also think the jackhammer should have been 3 certs back then as well =P)

Anyway, I say just make it all insanely strong and over powered. Then have some fun with it...

Last edited by Fuzzymath; 2003-06-24 at 05:07 AM.
Old 2003-06-24, 05:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hertston
Corporal

Re: TR's fine, you just suck.

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
The so called leaders and cr4 and 5 guys, don't know leadership from a hole in the ground.

Hehe... that's pretty much the same everywhere, isn't it ?
Old 2003-06-24, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Fuzzymath
Private

You've never faced 'luci' (NC, Konried) and his army from hell...Damn hes annoying.
Old 2003-06-24, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
12tontuna
Corporal

I've fought with Luci on Konried, and proud to say so.

However, on that server...even WITH the jackhammer the NC are not the all pervasively powerful force persons would have you believe they are.

In fact, I left there to go back to Emerald to play the VS. Now I question my own sanity.
Old 2003-06-24, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Malodorous
Private

Well, the issue of the Whackhammer has been beaten to death here and elsewhere. It is an obnoxious weapon. I do feel strongly that this one weapon has accounted almost entirely for the migration of TR players to the NC. Sure it is 4 cert points, but (just guessing here) easily half the NC have that cert. Why? Because the gun is incredibly overpowered and badly in need of a nerf.

But the quality of players is pretty much universal. You will not sell me on any concept that dictates the players on NC or VS are, for whatever reason, better. The TR are operating from a distinct disadvantage in terms of weapons, which has lead directly to a loss of strength in numbers, which further contributes to less success and more migration away from TR....a vicious cycle.

At the current state of affairs regarding weapon strengths and populations, I don't see how Sony can hope to maintain the third Empire permanently. People are flocking away from TR in droves, and it has nothing to do with leadership. I have played all three empires, and the amount of deadwood CR3-5's is pretty much the same everywhere.

The reasons the TR continue to lose so badly is the massive underpowering of their weapons, and the obnoxious outnumbering they are subject to.

Since I am here on this rant....on Emerald, I have had the fortune to play with a number of really outstanding Squad Leaders. Props especially to Dihnekis and Kessdawg. I have seen both of them take an understrength squad into Little Big Horn, and come out winners.
Old 2003-06-24, 07:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sputty
Banned

Nicely put Nav
Old 2003-06-24, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Trencher
Private

I do NOT get the whole "our weapons suck" thing. The Cycler is awesome. The MCG is awesome. The Repeater is awesome. The Striker is awesome!

I still find it amazingly ironic that the TR all think the MCG sucks but most of the Heavy Assault people in my NC outfit and many of the outfits we hang around collect them and enjoy the hell out of them. I use Cyclers quite a lot myself.

I think the main problem is that people want all weapons to be the same - a MCG does not function like a JH but that doesn't mean it sucks... you just need to learn how to use it. The JH is more of a no brainer weapon than the MCG or the Lasher - you just get in someone's face and pull the trigger... with the MCG you have to be accurate and you have to lead but the rate of fire and the damage that thing outputs is insane.
Old 2003-06-24, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Trencher
I do NOT get the whole "our weapons suck" thing. The Cycler is awesome. The MCG is awesome. The Repeater is awesome. The Striker is awesome!

I still find it amazingly ironic that the TR all think the MCG sucks but most of the Heavy Assault people in my NC outfit and many of the outfits we hang around collect them and enjoy the hell out of them. I use Cyclers quite a lot myself.

I think the main problem is that people want all weapons to be the same - a MCG does not function like a JH but that doesn't mean it sucks... you just need to learn how to use it. The JH is more of a no brainer weapon than the MCG or the Lasher - you just get in someone's face and pull the trigger... with the MCG you have to be accurate and you have to lead but the rate of fire and the damage that thing outputs is insane.
I know how to use the MCG. It still sucks. Heh, I've used all the HA weapons and the JHer is so far above the MCG and Lasher it's funny. The MCG has an effective range or 10M at most and the Lasher can be dodged easily. Jackhammer has too much range considering it's a shotgun designed for up close damage and it continues to be effective at 20M and a bit higher.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion