TR's fine, you just suck. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not feed it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-24, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Agathon
Sergeant

lol

Uhm,

When TR charges into a crowded room, what do they use? Er, uhm, a chain gun thank you very much. How effective is it? Godly! When I am an NC and a guy charges in with one, we get mauled. I don't have to play TR or use a chain gun to know how deadly they are up close. Sure, they might suck lat medium range compared to a jackhammer, but they are also hip-fired and not shoulder-fired like the jackhammer. They cut infantry to pieces at close range, and on my kill lists chat window at least, I see TR using the chain gun NOT the jackhammer to rack up kill after kill after kill ... after kill...

You guys saying it sucks make me laugh. It is a weapon designed for charging into tight places. Use it as it was intended, as I see hundreds of TR doing every day I play, and you will enjoy it. God how I wish your kills were listed by what weapon you used to get them. This would stop all of the bickering frankly when people saw all the kills TR rack up with the supposedly worse than a paper weight weapon!

<waits patiently for the guy above to tear off his clothes at work>

hee hee

;-)
Old 2003-06-24, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
beavis88
Sergeant

When I am an NC and a guy charges in with one, we get mauled.
Why don't one of you shoot him with a jackhammer? Unless you're in the middle of the room, back to the door, with the sound turned off, you should beat a MCG every time...
Old 2003-06-24, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SmilingBandit
Private

Not all of us have the HA cert.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SmilingBandit
Not all of us have the HA cert.
But he's talking about a room full of NC. When I think of a room full I think of at least 8 guys, and I guarantee if there's 8 NC in a room then there's a few with the Jackhammer.
Old 2003-06-24, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Hamma
PSU Admin

I agree with Nav, its amazing how stupid people are..

This huge zerg sits on a base waiting for it to turn over.. when they dont even NEED to be in the SOI to gain the EXP? Sure a few squads should stay.. but a few hundred people do not

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-24, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Tryndamere
Sergeant

If you don't like that they do that, get CR 4-5 and lead them then.

If the leaders suck, replace them, don't say "someone take control omg!"

Don't point out the splinter in your neighbor's eye before you remove the plank in yours~
Old 2003-06-24, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SmilingBandit
Private

Within a squad two or three heavy weapons troops would not be out of the ordinary.

A pretty rounded infantry squad would be something like: A Gal or sunderer driver, 2 maxes, a hacker, medic/eng, a couple of grunts and a couple of pigs.
Old 2003-06-24, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Tryndamere
If you don't like that they do that, get CR 4-5 and lead them then.
working on it

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-24, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info
Re: TR's fine, you just suck.

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
The fact is, TR is fine, even if underpopulated. The problem lies within the leadership. As far as I know, there aren't any great battle plans or massive coordinations going on. Every now and then, some schmuck will come on and say, "Umm, Gunuku kinda needs an ant, so if you're not doing anything, could you drive one by?" - which is NOT fucking leading.
I sux when on markov and u got 2 cr5s bitchin about "ok that assholes cont is full, com fight over here!"

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-06-24, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Trencher
Private

You're right, even though no TR are able to find a consistent effective use for the MCG, you and your buddies have figured things out and are far smarter than anybody else.
Could be... *shurg* I'm not claiming to be smarter than anyone else or that much better than anyone else... I am claiming that, although it might not appeal to everyone, the MCG doesn't suck. Sure, it could probably use some improvements but I love the thing.
I was having repeated battles with the same NC individual one night, and I was testing different ideas out with my MCG. We kept getting into one on one battles, and he kept owning me with his Jackhammer.
Just because they're both Heavy Assault weapons doesn't mean that if you guys duel with them you should both have similar results. They're clearly two different kinds of weapons useful in two different kinds of situations.
The last time he killed me, he looted my backpack and ran back to a tower and healed himself. Then he came back to the place where we'd fought, and I got there about the same time. I had my Cycler and I destroyed him. This was not an accident, he had the worse weapon for the first time in our conflicts and he got owned.
Or he quite possabilly didn't have much experience with the MCG while you, being TR, probably use a cycler almost constantly.
"with the MCG you have to be accurate..."
You've never even equipped one have you? You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You have a better chance of peeing off of a 30 story building and writing your name in perfect cursive on the sidewalk below than you do of being accurate with the MCG. It makes a lot of neat noise, but it ain't accurate. That thing is a heap. I have yet to see an NC kill a TR with the MCG. I just hasn't happened. Odd coincidence, that.
No, I think I know what I'm talking about... although my main character, an NC, doesn't cert in heavy assault, my main alternate on another server is TR and uses the MCG almost exclusively. YOU have to be more accurate with the weapon because the weapon is quite inaccurate itself. If you want to kill someone with it you have to try your damnedest to do your part in making sure every bullet is going to at least go in the general direction of your opponent. When I said you have to be more accurate, I meant than you have to be with the JH, which seems to be able to lay people out without much consideration for accuracy because of its nice scatter.
The Repeater is nice, the Cycler is very nice, the Striker is very nice, the MCG is a paperweight.
We might disagree about the MCG bit at least you don't think the Cycler is crap like a lot of TR I've spoken with. I love the Cycler - I think I'm a TR at heart... I just can't pull off the goggle thing.
Old 2003-06-24, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
MJBuddy
Master Sergeant

god, you understand, the MAXs were not nerfed, merely evened

the AI max was ripping up tanks, and the AT max was ripping up infantry, they just fixed that, period
Old 2003-06-24, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Trencher
Just because they're both Heavy Assault weapons doesn't mean that if you guys duel with them you should both have similar results. They're clearly two different kinds of weapons useful in two different kinds of situations.
Right, but you do understand the situation I'm outlining right? Outside, near a bridge? The situation where (theoretically) the MCG should own the Jackhammer assuming the individuals both know what they're doing? I have no problem with the idea that the Jackhammer should own in CQB, I've already detailed my experimenting with the MCG vs. JH and how the Jackhammer also owns it past 30 meters. That's not exactly close quarters. When you get past 30 meters and the spread on the MCG becomes intolerable (and impossible to beat any target with a brain), the Jackhammer can down reinforced in 4 shots. So long range, nobody wins, medium range Jackhammer wins, close range Jackhammer wins (unless MCG gets the drop and unloads at point blank from behind).

Or he quite possabilly didn't have much experience with the MCG while you, being TR, probably use a cycler almost constantly.
I did use the cycler quite a bit, since I certed in heavy I've been using the MCG almost exclusively just to test it. I will sometimes bust out the cycler in hairy situations still, and I will also bring it out to compare results I got with the MCG in similar situations.

No, I think I know what I'm talking about... although my main character, an NC, doesn't cert in heavy assault, my main alternate on another server is TR and uses the MCG almost exclusively. YOU have to be more accurate with the weapon because the weapon is quite inaccurate itself. If you want to kill someone with it you have to try your damnedest to do your part in making sure every bullet is going to at least go in the general direction of your opponent. When I said you have to be more accurate, I meant than you have to be with the JH, which seems to be able to lay people out without much consideration for accuracy because of its nice scatter.
I'm sorry, but this just doesn't make sense to me. You have to be more accurate because the weapon isn't? That's an impossibility. After the first bullet out of the MCG (which seems to hit dead center each time) you have no control over any of the following shots. Even using controlled burst fire you have minimal control and from anything considered a short to medium distance you're lucky to land 50% of your rounds. Because you're using controlled bursts, you're crippling the supposed advantage of the MCG (spitting out rounds quickly). It's a poorly conceived weapon, nothing more or less.

We might disagree about the MCG bit at least you don't think the Cycler is crap like a lot of TR I've spoken with. I love the Cycler - I think I'm a TR at heart... I just can't pull off the goggle thing.
I don't hear anybody complain about the Cycler, actually. The CoF expands slowly even when running which allows circle strafing and it's excellent from a distance. It doesn't deal much damage but it doesn't run through it's magazine too quickly and seems to fall in line with the idea behind TR. I don't ever use the AP rounds in the thing (never had much luck there) so when I've got my Cycler I've usually got my Striker to take care of those situations.
The Repeater seems to fall less in line with the TR idea (high rate of fire, lower damage) but that's my favorite gun when I play infil as well. I've noticed more than a few Repeaters getting looted by enemy infil as well, which is usually a good sign of a weapon's worth.
Until one of my many experiments with the MCG pans out, however, there's no way we'll agree. The only time (besides point blank or on a group close up, and only then if they aren't pointing Jackhammers at me) that I've found use for it is circle strafing an enemy MAX with AP rounds, and the fact that you can take a full health MAX down to death without reloading is a beautiful thing. I'll have to try the Jackhammer with AP rounds and see how well that handles it.
Old 2003-06-24, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Tryndamere
Sergeant

working on it
Good man.
Old 2003-06-24, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Trencher
Private

I'm sorry, but this just doesn't make sense to me. You have to be more accurate because the weapon isn't? That's an impossibility. After the first bullet out of the MCG (which seems to hit dead center each time) you have no control over any of the following shots. Even using controlled burst fire you have minimal control and from anything considered a short to medium distance you're lucky to land 50% of your rounds. Because you're using controlled bursts, you're crippling the supposed advantage of the MCG (spitting out rounds quickly). It's a poorly conceived weapon, nothing more or less.
Let me try to explain it one more time... the Jackhammer doesn't take a lot of skill to use effectively but I think the MCG does. There... dumbed down as much as possible. That's not to say that in skilled hands it's JUST as effective as the JH... my intent is not to say that the JH shouldn't be nerfed or whatever, I don't give a toss about it... different discussion... but that the MCG isn't total crap and some of us even prefer it. Some of your above comments might be right on though I'd like to do some more detailed tests of my own before we bother tearing into eachother any more about how good the MCG is or isn't.

I don't hear anybody complain about the Cycler, actually.
Lucky you. I could sit here for hours pulling messages off the official boards and yes, even these ones, where someone has said the cycler needs work or just plain sucks. I've also heard a lot of it in game, though obviously that's harder to cite. Sadly, I don't care enough about the subject to waste my time since I think those people are both in the minority and speaking purely on preconceived baseless ideas of how the gun should perform.

The Repeater seems to fall less in line with the TR idea (high rate of fire, lower damage) but that's my favorite gun when I play infil as well. I've noticed more than a few Repeaters getting looted by enemy infil as well, which is usually a good sign of a weapon's worth.
I haven't used a Repeater much personally so I have no idea how easy it is to actually use, however, of the very few I've encountered in the field as an NC, many of them have ended with me being blown away and left wondering what just happened. I respect it.

Until one of my many experiments with the MCG pans out, however, there's no way we'll agree.
Good enough for me... I'll use it, you won't... we'll both be somewhat happy.
Old 2003-06-24, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Bottleneck
Private

Please stop bumping this guys thread, hes obviously a moron, just let him fade away. Please refer to sig for rest of my valued opinion
"My opinion supersedes all other opinions, I have wasted WAY more of my life playing a fucking video game than any of you losers so bow to me! I have to go now my mom wants me to take out the trash" -Board Troll Manifesto
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion