If you could change/add/remove one thing in Planetside... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma crossing, next 20 threads
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-02, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by keam02
Remove: CC, but thats cause I dont own it and now server pops are so low above ground. Also remove half the conts, make each sanc connect to only 2 conts, would make for huge battles now that CC is here.
Add: quick switch between holster and inventory with infil.
Combine: Konried with soem other lower population server, its too small, not even close to enough people.
Remove CC what are you crazy!?
Old 2003-11-02, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Change: The lattice. Make some random variations. Everytime a cont is locked, the lattice then rearranges itself.
Add: Greater incentive to capture a continent. Lock one enemy cont and gain the ability to purchase that empire's weapons. Lock two enemy conts and gain ability to purchase enemy vehicles. Lock three...??? I'd say sanc strike, but that isn't very feasible. You must keep your three continents locked the whole time however.

Remove: Not much I want to see removed.

(I don't think removing the HART is too feasible though. You force new players to become far too dependent on others. And with only one base on a continent able to produce gals you severely limit the ability to use these. I would love to see the HART timer increased dramatically though to try to force people to use means of mass transportation - gals, sund, deliv)
Old 2003-11-03, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by flypengy
(I don't think removing the HART is too feasible though. You force new players to become far too dependent on others. And with only one base on a continent able to produce gals you severely limit the ability to use these. I would love to see the HART timer increased dramatically though to try to force people to use means of mass transportation - gals, sund, deliv)
isnt that the point though? not that i want them to feel forced into grouping, but this would actually help the entire community. Granted "Spam-fits" would gobble up all new players, once they learn that its not a real outfit, theyll move on. By myself, im rarely able to make a large impact (if i hack this AMS, they bring another), but in a squad/platoon/outfit (i hack this AMS, my team spawns at it, we bringeth the pwnage) i DO make an impact.

soloing (while it serves its purpose) is best for ninja's (even snipers now are 99% of the time AMS drivers). And a squad of ninja's is the scha-nizzle
Old 2003-11-03, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I htough heavy assault was for longer range heavy damge, and medium was for medium range long range damage?
Old 2003-11-03, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Knuckles
Staff Sergeant

Change:

* Backdoors should only be opened from the inside (REK panel placed on the inside or no panel at all, ie only opens if someone approaches the door from the inside).

* Blowing the generator should not lend You access to any modules, only deprive the enemy the benefits from that base and its modules.

* On that note � generators are way too easy to take out now� It should be trickier, and require more effort than it currently does. 9 to 10 plasma grenades...?

* Need a base hacked successfully to gain access to installed modules.

* Beef up the Combat Engineer cert:
1) Fix the spits (haven�t heard that one before, have Ya). Also increase their range somewhat.
2) Introduce a pure AV mine (for all those heavily armoured vehicles), or at least double the amount of mines that You can currently deploy.
3) Increase the repairing speed of a CE. (Should be able to repair things faster than now, having spent 5 BR points to get the cert�)

Add:

* Real QA. A new patch makes every PS player tremble in his boots. New and old bugs are introduced with every upgrade.

* Brakes � actual brakes � for the Magrider and the Thresher.

* A space station� I know it�s out there somewhere.
Old 2003-11-03, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knuckles

* On that note � generators are way too easy to take out now� It should be trickier, and require more effort than it currently does. 9 to 10 plasma grenades...?
but! but! IM A NINJA!

true that though

Last edited by keaoi; 2003-11-03 at 04:39 AM. Reason: god i hate email, can i default this to no subscription???
Old 2003-11-03, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
scanda
Private

Remove Core Combat.
Old 2003-11-03, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Javenn
Corporal

Add: Make Infulrators ( Sue me i cant spell!) able to Have rifle weapons but they cant holster them u have to put them in ur inventory or drop them
Old 2003-11-03, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Javenn
Add: Make Infulrators ( Sue me i cant spell!) able to Have rifle weapons but they cant holster them u have to put them in ur inventory or drop them
WHat whould be the point of having it if you cant use it, and infiltrators with rifle weapons whould be bad.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-11-03, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Javenn
Corporal

no theres a slot for them but u cant holster but u can still use them and plus im an infultrator so i like it...
Old 2003-11-03, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lithpope
Corporal

More mines per SOI for CE's
Old 2003-11-03, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Javenn
dear god, "ghost" jackhammers/lashers/MCG are you NUTZ!!!???

/edit/ i could see this JUST MAYBE if it was a supressor only (theyd have to nerf the thing to hell and back) or implement the "speed effect" mentioned before (ie. the lighter the armor + the heavier the weapon = lower speed)
Old 2003-11-03, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Not even HA. Just imagine a cloaker with a Guass or Cycler.

Horrible idea.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-11-03, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
keaoi
Master Sergeant

ph34r teh guass
Old 2003-11-03, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Jagd
Major

Yeah a cloaker with a sweeper = lord of all creation. Ph33r his l337 wrath.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion