Long live the Conglomerate! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I have this sudden urge...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-13, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Everything that humans do tends to involve controlling the language. Why do you think kids make up new words for things so quickly? So they can hold themselves over those who weren't there for the birth of the new word, and prove their social superiority.

Fortunately in PlanetSide, with no commodities to control, it's not very important. But try mispeaking yourself at a trade show. Bye-bye contract!

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-13, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

Jagd, you're an asshole. I bet you've never met an israeli in your life. all you know is what you see on CNN which violates human rights. when it's the US soldiers being tortured it's wrong to show it on TV. when it's the poor boy who got shot by the big bad israeli army it's ok. he doesn't have the basic human rights I guess.

well guess what? on our side civilian casualties mount in the dozens as well. only difference is that the kid on our side didn't have a gun in his hands. that's right, the 13yr old kid had an automatic in his hands, probably one that was stolen from the corpse of a soldier who was driving home in his car. the soldier who shot him had no choice. there's another option, the kid was innocent, he was being used by a terrorist as a human shield. they do that.

the guy who was driving in his car and a bomb fell on his head? going in there with ground troops would cause many more civilian casualties then one bomb can ever do. usually the hit is precise enough not to scratch a cat. if a terrorist leader like that is left unharmed, many civilians on our side would die. and yes, sometimes a palestinian civilian gets killed, and I'm sorry for that, but it's part of war, and it's not something e can avoid.

the pregneant women who get searched? it's because some women used that as a way to smugle explosives that later killed civilians.

guess what else? the palestinians don't care about human rights. arafat was and probably still is the head of a terrorist organisation. they manipulate the media by giving high statistics who aren't true and by giving pictures that are illegal and violate the basic rights of the casualties. we could have shown much worse, but we have the honor and dignity not to sink to that level. if you want, I can send you a single picture, I'm sure you'de puke.

even worse then that, there is filmed evidence from spy planes that shows many of those pictures they give are fake. my favourite is a funeral. they carry the dead man on a strecher, he falls off. at this point the "dead man" stands up, gets back on the strecher and the funeral continues. after falling a few more times he gets pissed and goes home!

there are 2 reasons why we are in there, the main is because we have to. the terrorist activity there is too dangerous to be left alone. we catch terrorists on a daily basis. the second is pretty stupid in my opinion as well and that's a rather small percentage of our population who thinks it's part of israel and lives there. the army has to defend all of the country's citizens, regardless of politics. hopefully a good leader will have the balls to take them out of there. but like I said, this is a minor reason.

btw, there is no "palestinian people" most of them were foreign workers brought here in the early 20th century from other arab countries. many others come there all the time. they're called refugees cause comeone decided around 1948 that a refugee is anyone who spent 2 years in israel. it's not like they lived here for hundreds of years.

now for some short history. for over 100 years we have been in israel, jewish-arab relationships always had problems. we always tried to get peace but always were ready to defend ourselves. in 47 the UN (remmember them? represent the world yada yada) decided on seperating what was then palestine into 2 countries. we agreed immediately, the arabs didn't like it and the moment the british left we had to fight 5 countries. we won, and we kept winning at every war since. we didn't start any of those wars. yes we struck first, blew up every runway and most of their planes. but that's not what started the war. wars start with moving troops, not with shooting, and they moved the troops first. all this time we strove for peace.

I don't care what you think as long as you keep those comments to yourself. when you insult me and my country, that's a red line. It's easy to side with the weak, and it's usually what people do. I prefer to be strong with the world against me then weak with the world saying it's with me but doing nothing about it.

so like I said jagd, you're an asshole. you know nothing about the real situation but like to talk allot. goodbye.
Old 2004-01-13, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

DeadTeddy,

Save the whining for the political debate forum.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2004-01-13, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Back on topic for a second, if that could be imagined. I personally would have been more interested in the fact the NC fought back against great odds if you had proof like maybe a "/who teams" that stated the TR and VS both had 3% more people online at that time than the NC. However, if Werner is anything like Emerald, where I play, come primetime the NC are the largest size force and the TR are usually the underdog since the merge took place. We VS spend most of our time going after the larger more powerfull NC because they have the manpower to put up the most fight, and it gives us the chance to bitch about the surgiles. :P
Old 2004-01-13, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

NC has the population advantage. The devs are doing damage control. If they admit one side is advantaged, it will cause inertia.

Anyone who does /who teams often enough can see that NC has more people. Look what SOE did with SW:G. They lied their asses off about the number of subscriptions, and shut down their official forums when they got called on it.

edit: Notice how there are no tools that the players can access to get the numbers for themselves. It's no coincedence.

Last edited by Veteran; 2004-01-13 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2004-01-13, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Heres what happened on werner yesterday:

The NC got wiped off the map, during primetime. They did not have a single base on the entire world nor did they have a base hacked. We managed to hold it for about 40 mins before the NC got a hack on a cont (cyssor) where the TR CR 5's were spamming for everyone to leave, just to rub it inn and let them cap an empty cont.

Simple undenyable fact, i'm also pretty sure its a first timer for a faction not to have a single base.
Old 2004-01-13, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Jagd
Major

Ok Teddy. Keep the cycle going, you've obviously got God on your side.
Old 2004-01-13, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

You said the TR abd VS teamed up? That sounds kinda familiar, on Emerald, the NC and VS will 80% of the time attack a TR continent first. For the past 2 months, on average 5 out of the 7 days I log on a week, the NC and VS will attack TR continents. Yes they will fight each other on Oshur or Hossin or what ever, but at LEAST 80% of the time, they fight on TR continents. Even as an Alt Empire guy I see people say they want to attack the TR more.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-01-13, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

jagd, you got me, I carry an m16 in my school backpack and as soon as the bell rings me and my friends go for a joyride in my dad's tank and snipe palestinian babies. sometimes one of us brings a buldozer so we can make pancakes from kids and in biology class we're working on a virus that attacks palestinians.

grow up.

and lonehunter, you're right, TR are much more fun to attack. I'm not sure why but it's just more fun. it's also more of a challenge since VS are more into attacking and TR have great defensive weapons.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Jagd
Major

Uhm, yeah. Basically I don't know anything about your political ideals, but since you seemed like such a delusional asshat I threw some FREE PALESTINE into the mix cause I knew it would rile you the fuck up. Looks like it worked.

Thanks, and please keep the conspiracy theories coming. As you can tell, they are a wonderful source of amusement to all of us.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jagd
but since you seemed like such a delusional asshat I threw some FREE PALESTINE into the mix cause I knew it would rile you the fuck up. Looks like it worked.

As you can tell, they are a wonderful source of amusement to all of us.
Maybe he's not as much as an idiot as I thought, and clearly you are more of an idiot than I thought.

I made fun of his faction, beliefs on the game and even his intelligence but not something personal and something likely to offend him. Don't say shit which you know absolutely nothing about, and even if you did know something, don't say it, idiot.

You like riling up people you on a forum who live halfway around the world from you? Fuckin get yourself a girlfriend or if that's too high on the popularity ladder for you, go for some friends first.

No, it's not a wonderful source of amusement for any of us, just you.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Jagd
Major

Am I really the only one who likes picking on idiots? Can I get an AMEN here people?

You like riling up people you on a forum who live halfway around the world from you? Fuckin get yourself a girlfriend or if that's too high on the popularity ladder for you, go for some friends first.
Interesting statement, about something you know absolutely nothing about. We've been living together for 2 years now. It seems to me that you like to flame every bit as much as I do. At least I don't try and pretend I'm some kind of nice guy loser.
Old 2004-01-13, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

You have a girlfriend and live together? Good that means you're not a little young one......so act your fucking age. I like to flame, what's your point? You make it sound like a bad thing to criticize idiots. And yes, you sure as hell caught me, I pretend to be a nice guy loser
Old 2004-01-13, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Spartan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
Jagd, you're an asshole. I bet you've never met an israeli in your life. all you know is what you see on CNN which violates human rights. when it's the US soldiers being tortured it's wrong to show it on TV. when it's the poor boy who got shot by the big bad israeli army it's ok. he doesn't have the basic human rights I guess.

well guess what? on our side civilian casualties mount in the dozens as well. only difference is that the kid on our side didn't have a gun in his hands. that's right, the 13yr old kid had an automatic in his hands, probably one that was stolen from the corpse of a soldier who was driving home in his car. the soldier who shot him had no choice. there's another option, the kid was innocent, he was being used by a terrorist as a human shield. they do that.

the guy who was driving in his car and a bomb fell on his head? going in there with ground troops would cause many more civilian casualties then one bomb can ever do. usually the hit is precise enough not to scratch a cat. if a terrorist leader like that is left unharmed, many civilians on our side would die. and yes, sometimes a palestinian civilian gets killed, and I'm sorry for that, but it's part of war, and it's not something e can avoid.

the pregneant women who get searched? it's because some women used that as a way to smugle explosives that later killed civilians.

guess what else? the palestinians don't care about human rights. arafat was and probably still is the head of a terrorist organisation. they manipulate the media by giving high statistics who aren't true and by giving pictures that are illegal and violate the basic rights of the casualties. we could have shown much worse, but we have the honor and dignity not to sink to that level. if you want, I can send you a single picture, I'm sure you'de puke.

even worse then that, there is filmed evidence from spy planes that shows many of those pictures they give are fake. my favourite is a funeral. they carry the dead man on a strecher, he falls off. at this point the "dead man" stands up, gets back on the strecher and the funeral continues. after falling a few more times he gets pissed and goes home!

there are 2 reasons why we are in there, the main is because we have to. the terrorist activity there is too dangerous to be left alone. we catch terrorists on a daily basis. the second is pretty stupid in my opinion as well and that's a rather small percentage of our population who thinks it's part of israel and lives there. the army has to defend all of the country's citizens, regardless of politics. hopefully a good leader will have the balls to take them out of there. but like I said, this is a minor reason.

btw, there is no "palestinian people" most of them were foreign workers brought here in the early 20th century from other arab countries. many others come there all the time. they're called refugees cause comeone decided around 1948 that a refugee is anyone who spent 2 years in israel. it's not like they lived here for hundreds of years.

now for some short history. for over 100 years we have been in israel, jewish-arab relationships always had problems. we always tried to get peace but always were ready to defend ourselves. in 47 the UN (remmember them? represent the world yada yada) decided on seperating what was then palestine into 2 countries. we agreed immediately, the arabs didn't like it and the moment the british left we had to fight 5 countries. we won, and we kept winning at every war since. we didn't start any of those wars. yes we struck first, blew up every runway and most of their planes. but that's not what started the war. wars start with moving troops, not with shooting, and they moved the troops first. all this time we strove for peace.

I don't care what you think as long as you keep those comments to yourself. when you insult me and my country, that's a red line. It's easy to side with the weak, and it's usually what people do. I prefer to be strong with the world against me then weak with the world saying it's with me but doing nothing about it.

so like I said jagd, you're an asshole. you know nothing about the real situation but like to talk allot. goodbye.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, did I hear anything that even remotely compares to a human thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having heard it. I award you NO points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 2004-01-13, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Jagd
Am I really the only one who likes picking on idiots? Can I get an AMEN here people?

Interesting statement, about something you know absolutely nothing about. We've been living together for 2 years now. It seems to me that you like to flame every bit as much as I do. At least I don't try and pretend I'm some kind of nice guy loser.
shut the fuck up and die troll

Wtf is the nice guy loser shit about? You think being an asshole makes you cool?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion