Perhaps some logic... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Still can't find the bathrooms at Gunuku...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-30, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Spee
Colonel

Perhaps some logic...

This is lame, but, some people have been wondering how it is possible for a decimator which does HUGE amounts of damage to a max or vehicle, can do relatively none to an infantry.

And, through the magic of lame plot-devices, Ive found an answer.

Let us assume there are two types of armor nano's - Infantyr, and vehicle/MAX. Since MAX units are mechanized, the metal on them is much heavier and made up of x atonms with y types of bonds. Now, infantry armor is supposed ot protect, while still giving mobility. So, the metal would have to be much lighter, yet able to tolerate a large amount fo force. Because of this, z atoms are used with w bonds.

Now, lets assume in the engineering of the decimator, they could create a huge explosive device, which would only hurt so much, or create something that disrupts the molecular structure. Now, let us also assume we can only have binary-state chemicals (read: AI or AV) So, the engineers, with a want to destroy VEHICLE, decided to put the compound that was much, MUCH more efficient at breaking the x molecules apart, and tearing apart the y bonds. However, this only has minimal effect on infantry armors, as the z molecules and w bonds, similar to how AV bullets cant do shit to infantry.

[/bored]
Old 2004-01-30, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

The irony of the thread title compared to its first response is killing me.

Old 2004-01-30, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-01-30, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Old 2004-01-30, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Morrik
Contributor
Corporal

I suggest playing the game instead of wondering how the game mechanics work. I would like to announce a word that many game makers use:

BALANCE!
Old 2004-01-30, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Morrik
I suggest playing the game instead of wondering how the game mechanics work. I would like to announce a word that many game makers use:

BALANCE!

I suggest knowing who the fuck youre talking to before making assumptions.

I was just trying to make the storyline and reality work.

Last edited by Spee; 2004-01-30 at 07:29 PM.
Old 2004-01-30, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Morrik
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Spee
I suggest knowing who the fuck youre talking to before making assumptions.

I was just trying to make the storyline and reality work.
Hmm, lets see... do I care about your stats? Not really. Did you make that point in your originally post? No. Do I know who you are? Probably not. Should I care who you are? Nope.

In all reality, I don't care about who you are. I was just making a point to the post in logical terms because that is what the treading title says.

Maybe the threading title should be altered?

If you can't take a logical post from somebody else on these forums without getting offended, I suggest not posting. That's just my opinion though.

And congratulations, you made the ignore list.

Last edited by Morrik; 2004-01-30 at 07:35 PM.
Old 2004-01-30, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by Morrik
Hmm, lets see... do I care about your stats? Not really. Did you make that point in your originally post? No. Do I know who you are? Probably not. Should I care who you are? Nope.

In all reality, I don't care about who you are. I was just making a point to the post in logical terms because that is what the treading title says.

If you can't take a logical post from somebody else on these forums without getting offended, I suggest not posting. That's just my opinion though.

The stats arent there to make my e-cock bigger. Theyre there to prove I have played the game a bit, I even deleted by BR18 character in my thirst to know what it was like on the other end of my scatMAX.

And, while I do agree with you that saying to play the game was logical, it was an assumption on your part, and one that, as most assumptions are, incorrect.

So, please, next time do not confuse me aith Ait'al.
Old 2004-01-30, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Don't worry, Spee, I think it's just "that time of the month"

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-01-30, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

And congratulations, you made the ignore list.
Get ready to add me too. The floodgates are now going to open, you poor little paragon of impotence.

BALANCE!
Perhaps Spee was trying to make a semi-amusing post out of boredom (hence the [/bored]) explaining the reason a weapon that destroys armored units is no more than an annoyance to infantry. He knows why it does little to infantry, as does anyone with the level of intelligence and comprehension you seem to be sadly lacking. However he was trying to fit how it acts into the actual storyline of the game (and yes Planetside does actually have one).
You're the dumbass who implied he has no idea how the game works. What's the matter? You don't like the fact that he completely destroyed anything resembling a point you had? Awww, that's too bad.
No, actually you made an ignorant assumption in an arrogant way. Some people can get away with that. Unfortunately for you, you're not one of them. By the way what the hell is a "threading"? You mean the grooves on the side of a screw or bolt?
There's that word again. I'm not sure why you keep bring that up. Screws and bolts have nothing to do with what we're talking about which, in case you've failed to notice, has now changed to "Just How Much of a Prick is Morrik?". Oh, wait I think I see what you're trying to get across. The word you went searching through the vast emptiness of your skull for and almost found would be "thread", you dipshit.
That should probably read "If you can't take an arrogant flame from an idiot on these forums without pointing out he's an idiot, I suggest not posting." but then that wouldn't be very logical.

One uncalled for flame using baseless assumptions begets another, child. Hopefully this has taught you that.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2004-01-30 at 08:38 PM.
Old 2004-01-30, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
JakeLogan
Major

at Elf
Hey Spee I think I've killed you before
I can't really flame at all so I'll just laugh with the ones who can.
Old 2004-01-30, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Wow, Morrik got owned. Well, I don't know about everyone else, but Spee's ideas of a plausible explanation seems to fit the Planetside story pretty well. And hey, some fan fiction/ideas should be encouraged for those willing to write it down.
Old 2004-01-30, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Seer
Major

I don't think your ideas are scientifically sound.
Old 2004-01-30, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Would be nice if it was like Red Alert, where the Tank Shells don't even damage infantry much :P

Anyways, this is a Balance Issue.

Game designers always have to find the perfect balance on Realism vs Balance, Fun vs Realism, Fun vs Balance, Believability vs Fun, etc...
Old 2004-01-30, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Spee
Colonel

Originally Posted by JakeLogan
at Elf
Hey Spee I think I've killed you before

Its not like Im GODJOEY or something, I die alllll the time

And thx2uelf, I suck at flaming, you flamer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion