OMFG... I don't think there's a jump! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got ammo?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-06, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Madfish
Corporal

I've got it!

Maybe they can have 100+ players around because they aren't passing jump instructions to clients! It's the doom 2 engine! Horah!

j/k!
Old 2003-02-06, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

hah, u want an outdated engine try halflife/quake 2.

Man just when i thought that engine had been driven into the freakin ground... BAM Natural Selection comes along.

I feel sorry for Natural Selection, that game is way to good to be using that engine.
Old 2003-02-06, 04:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by TGF NightHawk
.....which is why I choose not to play unrealistic games!!
Yea... ok. That's why you're going to be playing a game with warp gates and laser weapons.
Old 2003-02-06, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by TheWumpus
Why would jumping allow you to "enhance" your speed at all? This would be totally unrealistic and unnecessary. You must be thinking of the "bunny-hopping" exploit of Half-Life. I can see no reason a coder would purposefully make jumping let you move faster. Skiing a'la Tribes Jetpacks isn't possible here.
Ill refer you RIGHT back to the first sentence that you seemed to not have read:

"And btw(this question is directed towards the pro Quakers), will the jumping enhance speed at all?"

I put those quotations in there for you guys to read...
Old 2003-02-06, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Ouroboros1
ranked1, SJ already stated that PS WILL be a twitch FPS, but the current design allow non-twitch players to do other jobs and slowly develope twitch skills.
Fucking awesome... thanks for the info =)
Old 2003-02-06, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

No no...just stating that there will be no repeats of what took place lastnight on a diff. thread. I agree there should be jumping capabilities, just don't agree with the "UT2K3 hopping" capabilities!
I never said anything abou "double jumping". I simply used that game along with several other games as a reference to FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS that have a "jump" ability.

UT2k3 is a DISGRACE of a FPS.
Old 2003-02-06, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Yogi
Jumping was not a skill in T2.

Using your jetpack and killing those who used it effectively is.
If you didnt jump right before you jetted, than you didnt make it anwhere... indoors and outdoors. Everyone who knows how to play T2, knows that.
Old 2003-02-06, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Whacko
Private

hahaha love these Bunny-hoppers...I take it that they believe they'll be able to be leet if they do it....aka BF1942....
Just keep hopping you won't have time to return fire...
Death to the bunny-hoppers
Old 2003-02-06, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by grunkfest
I would suggest that pissing actually has more to do with the game than jumping.

In modern combat, soldiers do not hop around like bunnies. Ever. At all. Climbing, crawling, sprinting - yes, hopping like kangaroos on caffeine, no. You throw on a 60lb pack and carry a rifle in both arms and then try hopping around and see how far you get.

However, how many times has a soldier had to leave his post to take a piss? Almost every time a soldier has had to stand guard for a long duration of time. I propose mandatory pissing breaks every 3 hours. This of course will favor male characters, who have a simpler process, but you can't have everything totally balanced.
...another "i want realism" post, in a game that has respawning, lasers, warp gates, and infinite ammo.
Old 2003-02-06, 05:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Derv

I think that the jumping should be like Halflife, where you don't go very high and when you land you slow down significantly, also aim is horrid in the air. I think that this format is optimal for a good FPS that is more "life-like". The stamina idea sounds like a good one but I don't think that the stamina should last very long at all.
Anyone that uses Half-Life as an example of something that should be used in a REAL FPS... is automatically ignored.

In short: Half-Life is crap.
Old 2003-02-06, 05:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

The "bunnyhopping" in UT2K3 is ridiculous, I agree with Toimu. As far as all fps having jumping, Ghost Recon,SOAF,(Clancy Games) don't usually have jumping capabilities. I agree totally in having stamina being a factor...very realistic!
"Ghost Recon,SOAF,(Clancy Games)"

Those are a JOKE. It's insulting to have those crap games in the same genre as Quake.

Last edited by Validuz; 2003-02-06 at 05:11 AM.
Old 2003-02-06, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Flameseeker
I use jumping a lot in MoH, and I don't bunnyhop. I jump out windows, I jump from ledge to ledge, I jump off edges and shoot people on the ground in the head several times before landing. I use it to escape when I'm near a window. It's very helpful, but there's no reason to spam it, because it isn't to hard to hit a hopper. Also, how will 2 feet make a difference when my Reaver shoots a rocket? Less flight time IMHO.
MoH was a Quake3 Engine game...
Old 2003-02-06, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Ludio
First Sergeant

Can we say SPAM.

Maybe you can put all your replies into one post.
Old 2003-02-06, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ease it up Validuz, flaming everyones opinon may be tolerated in the Tribes community, but it isnt here.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-06, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Halflife a crap game? Oh please share, whats so crappy about the game? Its a fps classic....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion