Vet bonuses/rewards (A Question) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Power Supply Unit?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-08, 04:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Jacius Ceed
Private

Question Vet bonuses/rewards (A Question)

I have been unable to get my question answered by a dev on twitter or facebook.

All I want to know is how the Vet rewards coming from PS1 going into PS2 will be counted.
Will it be based on the account activation date as seen in the SOE account management page?
Or, will it based on an individual character's in-game vet achievements from PS1.

I'm thinking it will be account based but I would like a confirmation either way.

The reason I am asking is that I added my beta key to an '06 PS1 account that has a character with 5yr vet achieve as well as linked it to the recruitment app on facebook.

However, I just recovered my original account from June of '03 and updated all the info on it. It has 0 characters on it though... and no beta key.

If I could get a straight answer to a simple question that would be great.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Re: Vet bonuses/rewards (A Question)

If it has previous Planetside paid time on the account, you'll get Beta and a vet reward. Vet rewards will just be based on the same principle that nets you the beta access.

The reward is being thought of by the devs now and it will most likely be cosmetic. TRay has talked about the original Planetside armors, which 97% of players wanted an updated (in graphics) version of the armor.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Razicator
First Sergeant

Right now they're working on graphics for continents, weapon customizations, vehicle customizations, particle effects, animations, etc. I'd imagine veteran rewards are pretty darn low on the priority list.
Old 2012-06-08, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jacius Ceed
Private

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Vet rewards will just be based on the same principle that nets you the beta access.
Thanks.
If that is the case then that makes things simple.

Originally Posted by Razicator View Post
Right now they're working on graphics for continents, weapon customizations, vehicle customizations, particle effects, animations, etc. I'd imagine veteran rewards are pretty darn low on the priority list.
I don't care about what the vet rewards are atm as they could change 100 times before release. I just wanted to know how to qualify as vet and if there are different levels of vet. (based on years of course)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion