PS 1 going free to play - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lakes destroying our Skeeters since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-11-04, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
OpolE
Sergeant Major

Re: PS 1 going free to play

The tech event brought meaning an excitement to the story line of the game. The whole game is about possessing the best technology and global domination. I'm sorry but that event was fucking relevant as fuck.

Rabbit ball creates a scoreboard which we don't have since Planetsidestats went down and it closes a continent that have been boring the arses off PS players for days/weeks

4000+ Hours of PS1
Old 2012-11-04, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
The tech event brought meaning an excitement to the story line of the game. The whole game is about possessing the best technology and global domination. I'm sorry but that event was fucking relevant as fuck.

Rabbit ball creates a scoreboard which we don't have since Planetsidestats went down and it closes a continent that have been boring the arses off PS players for days/weeks
Meh, to each their own I guess.

I played PS1 specifically for the meta game, defending and capturing bases and continents. I was always pissed when SOE decided to throw a wrench in my vag with some silly event that pretty much ruined the whole day for me since no one else was playing the meta game.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-11-24, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
alx12345
Private

Cant wait to see ps1 getting free.

I wanna play planetside, not planetfield.
Old 2012-11-26, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Figment
Lieutenant General

If it had been properly designed and not horribly biased to the the empire that could skeetfarm first and didn't revolve around caves which are biased to TR due to Flak, maybe.

Instead, it was an unfair event and largely ignored because people hated fighting in the caves.

Rabbit ball's "scoreboard" was not only irrelevant, it was a waste of development time.

Only one empire would be chasing the rabbits after a small point difference as it would be biased to certain empires with spawn locations deep into their territory. It was absolutely boring and anyone without aircav couldn't even partake.

It was utterly horrible designed to the point people LEFT the continent's fight that had been going for days (triggering the rabbit to occur). A lot of players even just logged whenever a rabbit spawned. Much like when Black Ops arrived on a continent: the fast majority of people hated it.
Old 2012-11-27, 05:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I wasn't either, the devs would invariably ruin what they considered boring tedious gameplay and replace it with obnoxious bullshit.

Old 2012-11-27, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Re: Ps 1 going free to play

I rekon shove everyone up to:

BR40. CR stays as they are
Rabbit ball events - Possibly the loss of tech event which was the best thing to fight for!
Old oshur events or bring back as well
Keep on top of hackers

And if its Free just about everyone will go back to it within the first few days/weeks then the die hards will live it on!
Doubt they will tackle your suggestions w/ no income to justify it.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2012-11-27, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
DeadlyDevice
Private

Played PS1 in 07 & 08. Been playing PS2 since it came out and just uninstalled today. Simply too many things I don't like and it never really felt like it had something to do with the game I used to play, let alone improved.

So I'm really excited to hear PS1 is coming back, cause I definitely will.
Old 2012-11-28, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Ps 1 going free to play

Originally Posted by AuntLou View Post
Doubt they will tackle your suggestions w/ no income to justify it.
You know what's the dumbest thing in that quote?

"Shove everyone up to BR40".

BR40 ruined the late state of the game completely and broke all the balancing systems and this guy wants to make everyone BR40?

STRIP PEOPLE FROM BR40'S IN-GAME MERITS AND TURN IT INTO THE BRAGGING RIGHTS BR THAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE.

Any cert points over a total amount of 26 should be removed from players! If they whine that they can't have everything... THAT WAS THE BLOODY POINT OF THE CERT SYSTEM. If they still whine. BAN THEM.

=p

I'm not angry about BR40 at all. I'm completely furious about them ever implementing it.
Old 2012-11-28, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

They should go back to BR 25 as the cap.

Old 2012-11-28, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
They should go back to BR 25 as the cap.
BR 20*! And get rid of all the cert bundles! And all the veteran rewards! And nerf Reaver armor, and plasma/frag nade damage, and have grenades only come in stacks of 1, and have MAX timers start upon death, and remove flails and a whole mess of other things that were severely over looked/necessarily tampered with.

I would really love for PS1 to just get a sprinkle of dev support once it goes F2P. I think there's a lot of little tweaks they could implement that would really appease the veteran community and maybe even the newer players that will come and check it out.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-11-30, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
BR 20*! And get rid of all the cert bundles! And all the veteran rewards! And nerf Reaver armor, and plasma/frag nade damage, and have grenades only come in stacks of 1, and have MAX timers start upon death, and remove flails and a whole mess of other things that were severely over looked/necessarily tampered with.

I would really love for PS1 to just get a sprinkle of dev support once it goes F2P. I think there's a lot of little tweaks they could implement that would really appease the veteran community and maybe even the newer players that will come and check it out.
That and:
  • Remove capital shields (prevents a lot of fights and abused for Flail camping).
  • Remove capital capture rules (open up more diverse routes cross-continent).
  • Remove cave locks (make module raiding possible and attractive, make module transport have clear benefits).
  • Slightly buff Skyguard armour by 5-10%.
  • Implement spawn shield around Redoubt's spawn center.
  • Limit virals numerically and over time per player
  • Do not allow virals to be replaced by other virals for a longer period of time (5 mins duration and 2 mins cool down on all virals)
  • Increase safe period of Main Terminal after it's been cleared by a REK (5 min anti-virus?).
  • Allow Hacking, Advanced Hacking to clear virals very slowly (1 min and 40 seconds respectively).
  • Limit number of vehicles, turrets and AI turrets a T-REK can infect to 3, 3 and 5 respectively.
  • Split up the Battle Islands into separate continents.
  • Remove special rules from Battle Islands.
  • Change the global lattice to the system I suggested years ago where each link and base is used. :P
  • Ideally add more ground cover.
  • New bases already! Just use the existing holes for stairs and corridors to come up with different underground and top floor!
  • Make pie the official PS1 mascot pastry.

Do that and aside from BFRs existing, the game would be perfect.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-11-30 at 04:19 AM.
Old 2012-11-30, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Crator
Major General

^ Figs, what do you think about them changing the static capture time of 15 minutes in PS1? Perhaps try the tug-o-war mechanic currently being used in PS2 (without hex adjacency rules).
Old 2012-11-30, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
^ Figs, what do you think about them changing the static capture time of 15 minutes in PS1? Perhaps try the tug-o-war mechanic currently being used in PS2 (without hex adjacency rules).
That'd be the end of infiltration, meaning I'd uninstall every PS game and walk away right now.
Old 2012-11-30, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
That'd be the end of infiltration, meaning I'd uninstall every PS game and walk away right now.
Well, it doesn't have to be exactly the same. Just keep hack requirement while allowing the hack to go faster IF you have, let's say, 20 people defending the hack. The quicker timer would be negated if the empire that owns the base is present to attempt a resecure. IDK, I'm sure something could be worked out. My main issue with PS1 was the long ass hack timers and nothing in place to make them go faster when no one was around. I suppose it could get hairy trying to do that though.
Old 2012-11-30, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Well, it doesn't have to be exactly the same. Just keep hack requirement while allowing the hack to go faster IF you have, let's say, 20 people defending the hack. The quicker timer would be negated if the empire that owns the base is present to attempt a resecure. IDK, I'm sure something could be worked out. My main issue with PS1 was the long ass hack timers and nothing in place to make them go faster when no one was around. I suppose it could get hairy trying to do that though.
The hack timers NEED to be long in order to give the defending empire a chance to respond to it. That's one of the main issues with PS2 is how fast you capture everything. The other empire has no chance to respond and it's just a constant ring a round the rosey.

The long hack timers made the game so much more intense. Typically a (organized) base hack went down like this. You picked your target, went to the base, set up your CE/AMS for defensive purposes, set up viruses etc., got into your positions then started the hack. I always relished the calm before the storm, before the other empire's CR5's noticed. You would almost nervously sit around for a few minutes until you heard that Mossy fly over head. Then shit got serious.

The base hacks were awkwardly long and it made holding off a hack just that more intense and enjoyable. For me anyways. But then again, I'm not a 15 year old with ADD that's jacked up on Monster energy drinks and has the attention span of a lima bean. And I'm sure faster hack timers are more realistic or something

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion