RE: PlanetSide Webby Updating - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because you suck at life.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-10-19, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tetsugaku
Corporal

RE: PlanetSide Webby Updating

Official Site - [Posted: 10/16/2002 ][ Author: Hamma ]

One of the regulars over at PSI noticed something interesting over on the official Planetside website. If you go to http://planetside.station.sony.com/beta/ you will get a "Station is updating" rather than a 404 not found error..

Interesting indeed
sadly this isn't a great big revamp we haven't got yet, it has been hapening for atleast 2months. My bookmark for the PS website was set to somthing similar, and always took me to the station is updating page.

They changed all their sites around a bit and some old bookmarks lead to the 'updating' page.
Old 2002-10-19, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shiver
Master Sergeant

What I gathered from a Dev post on the SWG board was that the station was set to go down for just one weekend to upgrade things in the background and maybe revamp their core members area. This meant that all the sites had to be knocked off and taken down whilst some of their free game servers were also upgraded etc. The sites such as Planetside and SWG weren't necessarily going to get a (complete) overhaul.

When they did this they linked that automatic "we're upgrading" page wherever they could so that everyone knew about it. For a couple of days after the station went back up they had a couple of problems where that page was shown where it shouldn't have been. After those few days the upgrade/update was over/done/finished (neglecting a few other problems meaning we still saw that page).

The devs must have planned to put something at .../beta a while ago and left it as an empty folder, we're just seeing the automatic "we're updating" page because there's nothing there. Lets just hope they put something there eventually.

Then again, I could be miserably wrong

Last edited by Shiver; 2002-10-19 at 12:31 PM.
Old 2002-10-19, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Sounds about right.. if there was nothing there we would get 404

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion