DirectX 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 30% Cheaper!!! With More Content!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2009-12-13, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tikuto
Major

DirectX 11

The graphics will be as expected; awesome. I don't know how it all works but I know I want the best to be on PlanetSide. I still do not know fully about DirectX, how it all works and so-on, but I know it's a requisite for alot of games. For me wanting PlanetSide Next being the next step in MMOFPS gaming I'd want the minimum requirements to include DirectX 11.

What particularly interests me is cloaking effects, epoxy and metaphysical, mono-directional in-game Shield effects, Orbital Strike energy blast and kinetic explosions, speeding aircraft leaving a vortices (ripple of spiralling air), improved bullet tracers, debris from automobiles, beautiful multiple weather effects and sound effects all-round, and so much more acute eye-catching details.

Please makes PlanetSide NEXT look awesome!

Last edited by Tikuto; 2009-12-13 at 09:14 AM.
Old 2009-12-13, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sifer2
Major

Re: DirectX 11

You know that wont happen. Far too many people still using XP. Most MMO's only look average graphics wise too since they want to aim to be playable on a variety of machines. An for the most part I agree with them since it is nice to be available to play a new game even if you cant afford a new computer. It's why Blizzard/Valve titles are so successful they tend to run on older machines well an look good on newer one's.

That being said recently I saw the trailer for Guild Wars 2 an getting that kind of graphics in a MMO is just exciting.
Old 2009-12-14, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kumoblade
Corporal

I would suggest them do what they did to EQ2 and release 2 Graphics Packages for the game. A standard one for everyone to play on, and then later on, to bring back customers and refresh gameplay, a Hi-res package.

I would expect at least direct X 10 Support even if it uses DX9.
Old 2009-12-14, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Sifer don't forget that Guild Wars was smaller scale instances, they rarely had large numbers in the same place; same with games like Huxley which claims MMO, yet sounds like its actually small scale with an massive game lobby.

Many games are doing as Kumo has suggested; EVE, WW2O, Anarchy Online, Face of Mankind, etc why change the game when its only the visuals that are letting it down?
Old 2009-12-15, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by Kumoblade View Post
I would suggest them do what they did to EQ2 and release 2 Graphics Packages for the game. A standard one for everyone to play on, and then later on, to bring back customers and refresh gameplay, a Hi-res package.

I would expect at least direct X 10 Support even if it uses DX9.

Well I would expect DX 11 support since the game is at least a year or two away most likely. I am just saying requiring DX 11 will never happen. As for releasing two editions of the game one with high end visuals an one without. Well yeah sounds good if SOE is willing to put that much effort in.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ANaKeR
Private

Agreed. It will be 2 or 3 years before this game comes out. By then XP will be phased out and if PS Next is successful for another ~6 years after the release, it will be in the perfect position with DX11.

Perhaps they chose to start working on it now for that exact reason; to wait for right time and technology to get in the market. Wait.. are people at SOE smart?
Old 2009-12-17, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Tikuto
Major

A response from SOE

Originally Posted by ANaKeR View Post
are people at SOE smart?

Disgression.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion