Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma for Prez!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-04-17, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: Feedback needed on concern of possible Connery and Helos merger

A few more vanu would be nice. I confess, a few months ago I was considering switching to Vanu for the express purpose of getting a KICK EVERYONE'S ARSE outfit going because of how lacking Vanu were back then.

But it seems Vanu did not need my help, so now I desperately cling to what territory TR is able to get a hold of.

The Black and Red will persevere.
Old 2013-04-18, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

I hope this merge happens, but I'm afraid you Connerians are getting the short end of the stick (at least you VS ones). I've played Genudine since day one, and the VS outfits were ok. They held their own. After the merge with Helios, I noticed a huge gap in effectiveness and organization between the Genudine outfits and the Helios ones (read: most of the bigger Helios outfits are God-awful). What's worse, many of the old Genudine outfits dissolved over time (for what reason I can't say) and were absorbed by said Helios outfits, which are often little better than zergs with a clan tag.
Old 2013-05-20, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Thanks for everyone replies. Honestly, I am still a little wary of ADK and its reputation of causing players to quit the game due to harrassment (see original video). I think though as a larger planetside community we can help police and prevent intentional harassment like this.

Other than that most of you guys replies have made me generally hopeful and look foward to the Helios + Connery Merger. After all we will get a lot of knew players.
Old 2013-05-21, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Not trying to sound biased here, but connery is a very "old" and experienced server because it consists of nearly all of the old Markov outfits. The level of play on connery is extremely high. Even with low pops, the VS are good, and the TR really fight their brains out, even when outnumbered.

What connery needs though is new blood. More stuff to shoot at is always good. Especially on multiple continents.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-05-21, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
Not trying to sound biased here, but connery is a very "old" and experienced server because it consists of nearly all of the old Markov outfits. The level of play on connery is extremely high. Even with low pops, the VS are good, and the TR really fight their brains out, even when outnumbered.

What connery needs though is new blood. More stuff to shoot at is always good. Especially on multiple continents.
Have to second Sardus, we definitely have a lot of old established PS1 Outfits here, and it makes it a nice base to grow on especially with all the Lattice and PS1 Improvements coming.

Old 2013-05-21, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Temple
Private

I'm keen as hell to get some new targets, but what I'm really keen to see is if there is a "skill difference"

I hear a lot about "that shit won't fly on <insert server name>" but I'm yet to see it actually happen.

What I'm hoping for, is a bunch of bunnies I can farm for sweet sweet certs.
What I actually want, is some stiff competition and a few more organised NC outfits to work with.

Get some skilled pilots to kill Snafu + Crew more and I'll be over the moon with joy...haha
Old 2013-05-21, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Temple View Post
I'm keen as hell to get some new targets, but what I'm really keen to see is if there is a "skill difference"

I hear a lot about "that shit won't fly on <insert server name>" but I'm yet to see it actually happen.

What I'm hoping for, is a bunch of bunnies I can farm for sweet sweet certs.
What I actually want, is some stiff competition and a few more organised NC outfits to work with.

Get some skilled pilots to kill Snafu + Crew more and I'll be over the moon with joy...haha
Prefer you have other pilots as favorable victims. I am sensitive to being shot at, makes me all sad and stuff.

Old 2013-05-21, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Temple
Private

I am OK with a sad Snafu
Old 2013-05-22, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
RykerStruvian
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Staticelf View Post
That is exactly why I chose Vanu when I started playing two months ago!

I find it odd that others are the reverse in that they want to be with the "winning" side which is numerically superior. Vanu of Connery have shown time and again that you can be the least pop and still "win" a few too.

NC guys must get annoyed/bored showing up to bases just to find other NC guys already milling around.

Always outnumbered = more experience for the experienced few
I get more annoyed when NC has the sufficient numbers and they're just dicking around in a biolab/amp station without any form of adjacency while we're losing the rest of the continent. We had 40% of the cont yesterday during an Esamir alert and with two/four platoons of NC in Ymir and Elli.

But yes, showing up at a base with billions of TKing NC is annoying too.

As far as pop is concerned having more people is great and all, but at least NC wise we're kind of overdone on the whole infantry thing. What the NC needs is a dedicated outfit for air and I'm hoping some of the Helios boys will do that.

Last edited by RykerStruvian; 2013-05-22 at 01:57 PM.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by RykerStruvian View Post
I get more annoyed when NC has the sufficient numbers and they're just dicking around in a biolab/amp station without any form of adjacency while we're losing the rest of the continent. We had 40% of the cont yesterday during an Esamir alert and with two/four platoons of NC in Ymir and Elli.

But yes, showing up at a base with billions of TKing NC is annoying too.

As far as pop is concerned having more people is great and all, but at least NC wise we're kind of overdone on the whole infantry thing. What the NC needs is a dedicated outfit for air and I'm hoping some of the Helios boys will do that.
Good luck convincing people to fly against the new max abilities lol.

Old 2013-05-22, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I am going to leave it at this and say.. Snafu you where right. That is all.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-05-22 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2013-05-22, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I am going to leave it at this and say.. Snafu you where right. That is all.
They said I was being mean when I brought it to light.

Old 2013-05-22, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Temple
Private

TR, you have the striker...you have the Lockdown burster Max....perhaps you would just like the keys to my Reaver, Lib and Gal ? haha
Old 2013-05-27, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Temple View Post
TR, you have the striker...you have the Lockdown burster Max....perhaps you would just like the keys to my Reaver, Lib and Gal ? haha
While I dislike the striker, after playing around with it and really getting to understand it by no means do I consider it OP against air anymore. The missiles travel comparitevley slow against your esf. They're fairly easy to dodge once you get used to them. That being said I can see why a lot of TR stick with their standard lock-in launchers. The addition of ZOE and Lock Down though has only more solidified the air as a place the NC was not meant to be though.

Not that I'm complaining, just one more thing I can blame my death on when snafu's mossi comes in from behind without so much as a reach around. :<

Last edited by KesTro; 2013-05-27 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2013-05-28, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I love statements like this. Always good the enemy hasn't a clue what's going on.
The thing is 666 doesnt.

I remember in the early few months, every TR outfit knew for fact.. Give the 666 a solid fight and they high tail it and warp to another continent, it was unbelievable easy to push back 2 platoons of 666 with 3 squads of troops..

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)