Connery pilot Vertical thrust talk - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Secretly stationed in Baghdad
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-08-06, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Re: Connery pilot Vertical thrust talk

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
We'll just have to see how it plays out live. As I've stated will an individual pilot be hurt in one on ones? Yes because now getting the jump on someone will mean something instead of them pulling that maneuver to get on equal footing with someone. They will actually have to try and shake people off of them using their environment.

I understand people like the Reverse Maneuver as something that's unique to Planetside but we all saw a nerf to ESF's coming in some shape or form and they certainly can't nerf their weapons again.

Personally, I see them doing this change to directly help people with the lock-on change they plan on implementing as well so even if the RM was made easier to use that would be an issue.

It was cool while it lasted boys but it's time to put the inflated K/D's and fun away.
SOE's thinking - Lets give into the people that want lock ons to become not F&F weapons.... But lets also remove the ability for these pilots to dodge the non F&F lockons....

your right about putting the fun away, I don't know if I will be flying after this. If they do give us a cert line for AB tanks, then I will keep flying and kill more noobs easier (All I run right now is AB tanks so no harm, but it will hurt snafu and his rockets as well as making all the new air weapons pointless since they will not be able to compete without the RM.... Having less AB was bad enough imo).

If the change goes through, and the cert line on the AB tanks holds true, then my play style will not change and I will keep vortek rotaring down everything.
Old 2013-08-06, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Oh and slightly off subject I have tested out the new weapons as well. And lets just say you will be missing that ability to turn quickly once those suckers go live. Not only are they possibly nerfing vertical thrust to nothing, but they have given us the most ridiculously OP weapons to follow that nerf. TTK will be extremely fast come this ESF update.
yea, the mass drivers are fun to snipe with and probably the most balanced of the 3 (they can only have like one shot at a time, not like the VR tests) the new short range missiles are just LOL. Also the wing mounted miniguns are LOL.
Old 2013-08-06, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

From what I heard, they aren't going live with the RM changes.

Old 2013-08-06, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ghstmarauder View Post
From what I heard, they aren't going live with the RM changes.
That is correct, the lash back was bad enough for them to rethink on how to approach the problem. The issue is will they listen to the dedicated pilots for feed back or simply hand us a new flight model.

Old 2013-08-12, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NoXousX
Corporal

I haven't talked to a single half-way decent pilot in favor of the change. I'll leave it at that.
Old 2013-08-14, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NoXousX View Post
I haven't talked to a single half-way decent pilot in favor of the change. I'll leave it at that.
There is that and PSU is probably the most hostile environment when it comes to any kind of air balance. This is the largest concentration of air haters I experience throughout the entire PS2 forums.

Old 2013-08-15, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
snafus
Sergeant Major

Well Higby spoke on the vertical thrust changes again. He seems very focused on tying vertical thrust into the fuel tanks. Forcing pilots that want to be competetive to rely on fuel tanks in the future. He also said he was looking for ace pilot's opinions on the matter. I dropped him a tweet offering Connery's top pilots opinions. If he takes me up on it I will be contacting all of the respected top pilots and try and get your thoughts heard.

Old 2013-08-16, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Hopefully Noxous brought up some good points in this last FNO that you agree with SNAFU
Old 2013-08-16, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NUKABAZOOKA View Post
Hopefully Noxous brought up some good points in this last FNO that you agree with SNAFU
I'm stoked they picked a good pilot to be heard. And I felt he covered the points very well. Lets just hope they listened to them.

Edit: Also would like to add I love how Luperza defended the skill ceiling of PS2. Knowing that the bads were upset by her response makes me a happy person.

Last edited by snafus; 2013-08-17 at 01:13 AM.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Coltorl
Private

Hmm? Is there an FNO VoD? I thought they stopped doing that and focused on the war report stuff on Sundays!

Edit: Never mind that, I found it.

Last edited by Coltorl; 2013-08-17 at 12:46 AM.
Old 2013-08-27, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Snoggy
Private

I think the whole vertical thrust maneuver's a piece of shite. And I don't see the big deal in nerfing it. If you rely on a single maneuver in order to distinguish between the 'good' the 'bad' and the liberators... you need to learn to fly.

Stop being ballerinas and learn to dogfight.

And nerf the hellfires again, everyone uses them and they're annoying. My dalton kills more retarded mossies than ESF's... the ones trying to farm infantry. You're fighter aircraft, not ground attack gunships.

And FFS, give the liberators some love, the only vehicle in-game that hasn't had anything 'good' added to it.....
Old 2013-08-27, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
snafus
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Snoggy View Post
I think the whole vertical thrust maneuver's a piece of shite. And I don't see the big deal in nerfing it. If you rely on a single maneuver in order to distinguish between the 'good' the 'bad' and the liberators... you need to learn to fly.

And nerf the hellfires again, everyone uses them and they're annoying. My dalton kills more retarded mossies than ESF's... the ones trying to farm infantry. You're fighter aircraft, not ground attack gunships.

And FFS, give the liberators some love, the only vehicle in-game that hasn't had anything 'good' added to it.....
Begone disgruntled Lib pilot. We will dance if we want to and you can't stop us.

Old 2013-08-27, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snoggy View Post

I am sorry but your bias is showing. that and you don't seem to understand what the 'reverse maneuver' really is based on that quote because a method of flight that utilizes helicopter like moves to do many different types of maneuvers is just 'one' maneuver.

FYI, People refer to the RM as the RM only because the most basic of the maneuver that is pushing yourself upwards at a high speed wile pitching down slightly to keep from going into forward flight is the most basic part, and all other maneuvers build off that despite there being an almost unlimited amount of 'moves' that can be done using that idea alone.

Also, since when are ESF A2A only? If I am not mistaken, almost all military aircraft have weapons available to them that make them air to ground.

Last edited by SolLeks; 2013-08-27 at 04:10 PM.
Old 2013-08-28, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Coltorl
Private

They wouldn't be classified as a dedicated fighter, you may be thinking of the popular American multi-role fighters such as an f 35, whereas a plane like an a-10 would be CAS. A dedicated fighter such as an f-22 or an su-27 generally do not have ground attack capabilities, because other planes do it better. The terms ESF implies air superiority, just as much as a fighter jet implies air superiority, if they changed the name to Empire Specific Multi Role Fighter it would be more fitting.

As a side note I am against the nerf, just had to clarify to Solleks
Old 2013-08-28, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

Oh I am sorry, I see bombs and stuff.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)