Congrats NC on a Tripple Continent Cap 1/15/2013 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only a Vanu would think Purple was cool to wear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2014-01-15, 04:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Congrats NC on a Tripple Continent Cap 1/15/2013

As a TR Platoon Lead who had been fighting against the NC for the last 6+ hours on indar.... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF there's only so much we can do against a 50% world population bonus (50% or more per individual continent).

We held out against the numbers for a good 3 hours longer then expected but we can only do so much... Congrats on the world domination, good fight!

Not sure about the VS perspective but they had the smallest pop tonight and they were able to hold the line for a while at some critical battles but ultimately they collapsed to overwhelming numbers also. At one point in the night we were hopeful that the VS could ghost and Neutralize Amerish before Indar fell but that hope fell apart with the Amerish alert.

GG NC

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-15 at 04:58 AM.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Re: Congrats NC on a Tripple Continent Cap 1/15/2013

Say what you want about faction balance, every army has had its time in the spotlight now.

This time last year, TR were the dominant faction on Connery, and it was immense bragging rights that they'd held Indar for over two months. It took the combined might of NC and Vanu working together to finally warpgate them up in the North. At the time, NC were average and the VS had such low numbers that there were topics on the forums discussing how to make them more popular.

Connery got a server-merge and that combined with the ZOE pushed VS into the top slot, with strong outfits like JENK and FutureCrew keeping the faction a cut above the other two armies. TR were the average faction and NC was the underdog.

And now, we've gotten some strong buffs for the NC as well as nerfs to the ZOE, and it's their time to shine. I was doing an op on my TR account last night and got utterly crushed by a 666/Recursion push that brought a tear to my eye. As the NC was my starting faction on PS2 I have nothing but pride for you guys, and I feel like this is the most competitive and balanced Connery has been in awhile, which is only a good thing.

gg wp etc.
Old 2014-01-15, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I don't know if it's so much weapon buffs as it is other outfits from other servers coming to Connery NC...

I've seen a lot of NUC on NC with KidRiot and there usually TR Waterson
Old 2014-01-15, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

GG NC... Triple C is nothing to sneeze at... nicely done.
Old 2014-01-17, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Temple
Private

KR started on Connery with it being where he started Ht and was instrumental with the Ht/GOLD outfit merger that became Recursion

Connery has become a landing pad for a bunch of people that are unhappy with their current server by the looks.

There are also a few coming across to join what they consider "competitive" outfits to better their skills or play on a higher level (trying to find a better way to say this)

As it stands, there is no Flavour of the Month after the (needed) ZOE nerf, before that the TR had the pop with Striker/Harasser (Marauder) goodness. NC had it when we had the unbeatable Max units pre Hack/Scatmax nerf.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I think it's arguable if this triple continent cap was because of some major weapon buff or if it's just one Empire' population being 2x larger then the others.

IMO Celebrities or select individual competitive outfits among the NC absolutely weren't the deciding factor in the victory, Not to deny their contribution but PLing for 6 hours against the NC horde I feel we could only focus on one threat at a time with so few numbers.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-17 at 04:18 AM.
Old 2014-01-17, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
snafus
Sergeant Major

Numbers and a lack of giving a dam from TR and VS leads to these kinds of things. But to be honest I prefer the other factions to be more zergy as the amount of bad players sky rocket allowing amazing farms to take place without good outfits/players from ruining it. Basically new players don't pull AA and that is always a good thing.

Old 2014-01-20, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Temple
Private

I'll always pull AA for ya Snaffs...Trust me !
Old 2014-01-23, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

The VS perspective is *yawn*...

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2014-01-24, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

After the merge with Helios and the age of the ZOE I think most of us are over the hype of the VS dominations, step aside! lol
Old 2014-01-24, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
After the merge with Helios and the age of the ZOE I think most of us are over the hype of the VS dominations, step aside! lol
Not a problem at all, we'll be happy to flank you!

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)