New Depot Itiems - 9/11 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: aka hoochies r us.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-11, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Reithan
Corporal

Re: New Depot Itiems - 9/11

I hope the harvester add-on (likely for the sunderer) won't cost many certs...
Old 2013-09-11, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Eggy
Sergeant

There will be no NS helmets created by Player Studio. Thats one of the "rules" of it.

There was lots of discision on the Player Studio forums about the miner helmet and how it fit NC lore more, but at the end of the day I believe the designer wanted it to be TR, I cant find the thread now to confirm this though.

All the beret style designs have been rejected.
SOE does have its own beret helms available.

Ive seen 2 great looking hats for NC.
One is a headset and shades combo, another is a bandana and shades combo.
There is also a comedy cowboy hat that actualy doesnt look as rubish as it sounds, but its still in its early days, again with some shades.

Ive also seen another that is a hybrid between a Spartan Helmet and an Arc Weilder mask. It also has some promise.

I think the quality of the helmets so far that have made it into game is great.
Old 2013-09-13, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

I am not a fan of faction colored camos. Unfortunately all that SOE has give us from the player studio is just that.

What they did to the rock lichen camo made me a very unhappy camper*. Yet it got in game, which was awesome. But it wasn't anything like I submitted so I was sad. Then again: in-game!

yea, emotional roller coaster.

*You may be surprised to know that the rock lichen camo, as originally submitted, used colors reminiscent of..... lichen (green and dark grey) covered rocks (lighter grey).
Old 2013-09-13, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Reithan
Corporal

I'd personally like some sky-color camo for mossies and sniping from mountaintops.
Old 2013-09-13, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zadexin
Corporal

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-revamp.83018/

Addition of Auraxium Crystals/Mines as a power source

These are resource nodes added in between facilities
Vehicles fitted with appropriate equipment can load up auraxium at these nodes
This auraxium can be transported to a base to manually refill it’s power reserves

Yep, more or less.
If this stuff actually makes it into the game it is going to be so great. But I really feel rather pessimistic about its chances given how long it takes for actual gameplay elements to get completed. I mean, its a year after launch and we don't even have a finished lattice system yet. I can't imagine how long a resource system revamp will take.
Old 2013-09-13, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Root Hade
Corporal

Originally Posted by Reithan View Post
I hope the harvester add-on (likely for the sunderer) won't cost many certs...
lol imagine if the PS4 version had its resource system break the game because no one has the certs at launch to get an ANT
Old 2013-09-13, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Reithan
Corporal

In a perfect world it'd be a completely separate AND faction-specific harvester that's actually FUN to drive in it's default model/loadout.

But that's just ludicrous.
Old 2013-09-13, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
If this stuff actually makes it into the game it is going to be so great. But I really feel rather pessimistic about its chances given how long it takes for actual gameplay elements to get completed. I mean, its a year after launch and we don't even have a finished lattice system yet. I can't imagine how long a resource system revamp will take.
I honestly think the resource revamp is part of the lattice system fixes as it uses it to transfer the power to bases. Im sure they have been working on this behind the scenes before the whole optimization switch as it was indicated by the road map. They have it planned fairly soon so it could be when hossin is released or soon after.

Anyways back to on topic, I know a few of the pilots in my outfit like the Esper helmet, especially on the female models. The other one in my opinion looks to close to the Hyperion helmet.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion