new rail attachment - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Friends? Psshhh I got PlanetSide.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-06-19, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
koloopy
Private

new rail attachment

ok so have it like on a sniper or a LMG have a rail attachment so you can deploy your gun and have less recoil and sway, but also have to so you cant turn it 360 like you normally can you would have to redeploy it if you wanted to move to a certain degree. One other thing what about wraith cloaking on a mossy scythe and reaver.
Old 2013-06-19, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Re: new rail attachment

Yo mean a bipod? Could work for LMGs

As for cloaking on ESFs......HELL NO
Old 2013-06-19, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zadexin
Corporal

I would love a bipod on a 200 magazine EM6. That thing would be a beast! This idea ha a lot of merit. The cloaking ESFs, no. Just no.
Old 2013-06-21, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

No cloaking ESFs. A "bipod," most definitely yes!
Old 2013-06-21, 02:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
I would love a bipod on a 200 magazine EM6. That thing would be a beast! This idea ha a lot of merit. The cloaking ESFs, no. Just no.
The problem with that vision is the bipod would be a rail attachmet justl ike the Extended mags
Old 2013-06-22, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
koloopy
Private

Thanks for the feedback
Old 2013-06-22, 02:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
koloopy
Private

guys a few more ideas ok so the heavy assault should be able to equip a sort of mini rail gun instead of a rocket to take down armor and maxes and the downside is the is has to charge before shooting kinda like the spartan laser in halo 3 and another idea is that if you are behind someone and you sneak up to them while cloaked you and assassinate them and holy cow i spelled assassinate right
Old 2013-06-22, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
MrMak
Sergeant Major

First off.....ever heard of the Lancer?

Second you cna laready pretty much insta kill a guy from the back by quickly shooting him with a silenced weapon then slashing him with a knife.
Old 2013-06-23, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TheAadvark
Corporal

A bi-pod is an excellent idea, there is an inherent sacrifice of mobility for focussed firepower, so it's already balanced.

Problems ?

1- We can't prone so the bi-pod is useless in an open area which is where these things should shine. Making the attachment situational.

2- This would encroach on the MANA turret .

3- Like someone above me said it would come under rail attachments.

Last edited by TheAadvark; 2013-06-26 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

We could do with a bipod instead of a Foregrip on the TMG-50, with sustained recoil on that weapon being so terrible.

Make you wonder what the point of that rifle is besides telling everyone where you are.
Old 2013-08-05, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zadexin
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
We could do with a bipod instead of a Foregrip on the TMG-50, with sustained recoil on that weapon being so terrible.

Make you wonder what the point of that rifle is besides telling everyone where you are.
I love the TMG50, its no worse than the Gauss SAW recoil wise. With the right attachments its a long range automatic sniper with a huge clip and a good medium range smg. But I agree BOTH of those weapons could use a bipod. It would really set these guns apart and make them shine.

The problem with that vision is the bipod would be a rail attachmet justl ike the Extended mags
I always forget that extended mag is a rail slot. That is downright stupid of course as it should be an ammo upgrade. ie. slower bullets, faster bullets, MORE BULLETS!
Old 2013-08-16, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

bi pods are very hard to do in planetside 2 because it would mean that you have to map all 3 continents for places where you can put a bipod , you can do that in games like battlefield because the map is tiny .
Old 2013-08-17, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Ghost recon future soldier has this (bipod). You deploy it and can't move (just turn) and have to undeploy to move.

Sounds like an idea. But I don't see it being put in. I mean, people would just look silly deploying on a cliff and having half their body floating in the air. Looks silly enough when people die.

In short, the game mechanics can't handle it realistically. Could be countered by only being able to do it on a flat surface only I suppose but hills are a snipers best friend.

Also, if they add this without adding prone first I'm going to murder someone. (the looking silly thing probably explains lack of prone thinking about it)

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-08-17 at 10:19 PM.
Old 2013-08-19, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
I always forget that extended mag is a rail slot. That is downright stupid of course as it should be an ammo upgrade. ie. slower bullets, faster bullets, MORE BULLETS!
It is a shame that an Ext. Mag or reload speed don't go in a "Magazine" slot; that would make more sense.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault