News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: CEP whoring since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #256
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Lunar saved me the trouble.

Anyway - please lets get back on topic. Those of you who provided constructive feedback please continue to do so!

Please keep this thread on topic - this means no more debate about Proxies and bypassing IP blocking.
I want to point out the new policy is a joke for sure.

Otherwise we're fucked and both our hype and PS2 dev team resolve were for nothing.

/thread

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-21, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Pretty much this will mean that everything about PS2 from a euro perspective will be "meh what ever, what other games can i look at now"
Old 2012-02-21, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Zulthus
Colonel

"Oh no, it's the end of the world."

This is not "killing the game" as everyone is saying and there will very likely be a way to get around it even if it DOES end up like this. I disagree with SOE's decision and believe it will only segregate the playerbase further, however.

You EU players know you'll still play the game anyway...
Old 2012-02-21, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Pretty much this will mean that everything about PS2 from a euro perspective will be "meh what ever, what other games can i look at now"
Why? Because you can't play with the "cool kids" over in the States? Because the customer service will be by a newer company which may give better, worse, or equal service?

I can understand not being happy about being split apart, but is it THAT big of a deal?

Old 2012-02-21, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post

This is not "killing the game" as everyone is saying and there will very likely be a way to get around it even if it DOES end up like this. I disagree with SOE's decision and believe it will only segregate the playerbase further, however.

Killing the game has to do with a restriction that will add a negative coloring for people considering the "purchase" of the game. Less players = worse. Besides I'm quite sure magazine critics will bite onto this as hungry dogs...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
Xaine
Major

Pretty much this.

I'm not happy about it, but i'll still play alot. Alot of people seem to be walking around wearing sandwich boards and building giant boats, gathering two of every animal...

The game will still work, and it should still be good.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Otherwise we're fucked and both our hype and PS2 dev team resolve were for nothing.
Well i wont or more accurately cant promote game to my friends. "Hey there is very cool game. But i wont play it with you as i will be using anything posible to play on servers with worse connection". I simply cant tell that to somebody who i want to hook to planetside.
All i can is to convince those, whitch are already prepared to play this to try with me sneak to US server.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #263
NEWSKIS
Corporal

When I was playing PS1, after the first year or 2, the only reason I continued to play was because of my outfit. I've been playing games with them for going on 8 years. If it wasnt for my outfit ( half of which were in europe ), I would have quit PS after about 2 years instead of paying for over 7 years of a subscription. I don't know how splitting the playerbase makes any sense.

I've always been on the side of I won't pass judgement on whether I will play a game or not before I actually try it, but this is the first thing that might actually make me not bother with the game.

Last edited by NEWSKIS; 2012-02-21 at 07:07 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #264
Hezzy
Contributor
General

I spent my entire Planetside career playing with an American outfit. Now what?
Old 2012-02-21, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #265
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Why? Because you can't play with the "cool kids" over in the States? Because the customer service will be by a newer company which may give better, worse, or equal service?

I can understand not being happy about being split apart, but is it THAT big of a deal?
History shows us that these types of deals never work out well for the customer. Outsourcing is bad for the customer always has been.

" Hey there is this bug lets track and report it to the DEV's...... no wait we can't "

" Wouldn't it be nice to have a big assed dragon? No you are european you are not one of our customers thus your opinion/thoughts or ideas count for nothing "

Big assed slippery slope, in short yes it is that big a deal.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #266
Reginald
Private

At the end of the day I would rather play with my buddies from overseas and rage at the +200ms bastards than play by myself with a bunch of greenies with sub 100 ping. And don't give me that bull about making new friends on local servers. I have IRL friends/family who live overseas that I would like to play with.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #267
ThGlump
Captain

Its killing the game for me. If i cant play with my soe account, i wont play. I will be sad about it, but i have my principles.

Now my only hope ism that my former worst nightmare will come true, and ps2 will end as BF3online. Then i wont be that sad im missing it.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #268
WarChimp130
Master Sergeant

I say send all those dirty Euro's back to Werner where they belong! I don't want to have to figure out how many Dutch Loonies or whatever currency they have it'll cost to buy things, or how many meters my weapon shoots. USA! USA! USA!

Seriously though, some of my best gamer friends are from Europe so I hope this doesn't effect us playing together. This will tear the Overlords apart if we can't have Hitman and Khrin!
Old 2012-02-21, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #269
ThGlump
Captain

Give me back werner and ill be happy. Even with that lazy hamster.
Old 2012-02-21, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #270
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Its killing the game for me. If i cant play with my soe account, i wont play. I will be sad about it, but i have my principles.

Now my only hope ism that my former worst nightmare will come true, and ps2 will end as BF3online. Then i wont be that sad im missing it.
I know you say that now, but trust me, once PS2 releases, you'll be playing it and having a great time.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion