News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 58 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 99% fat free!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-25, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #856
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
thanks a lot for pointing that out!

so we got positive answers on almost all issues that came up.

only thing that still bothers me is the 90day inactivity erasing. i know it´s just an emergency clause and may not even be used, but it just being there scares me. i know my luck... i level up my char for a long time, then i have a car accident and cannot play for 92 days and pro7 meets it´s database capacity and decides to delete me. all process gone. that´s a thing even SOE never did to its customers!
It never got used actually. No fear there, you never see someone getting his acc deleted because of inactivity.
Old 2012-02-25, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #857
Duddy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
The security of our EU customers is important to us because ultimately we are making our game for them as well. We will continue to work with Prosieben and provide our expertise on security especially in regards to user information.

There are currently no plans to have people playing two different versions of PlanetSide 2. What you are describing is a massive shift in mechanics which would require essentially two games be made.
I know you mean the best Radar, but I did chuckle at that bit.
Old 2012-02-25, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #858
Spoof
Corporal

The security of our EU customers is important to us because ultimately we are making our game for them as well. We will continue to work with Prosieben and provide our expertise on security especially in regards to user information.

There are currently no plans to have people playing two different versions of PlanetSide 2. What you are describing is a massive shift in mechanics which would require essentially two games be made.
Thanks for the response Radar, despite the rage I think we all appreciate that you and the devs are stuck in the middle of all this.

Perhaps, while the iron is hot, you could get the message through to 'those upstairs' that if plans to have two different versions of the game ever did materialise... that would likely produce the mother of all backlashes

We'd have to come over there and spank you with our Vobla fish-on guns!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-25, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #859
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
I know you mean the best Radar, but I did chuckle at that bit.
We are in a new era for that in the games industry. We were the first of dozens of games companies who went through the same thing we did and learned from it. We have a lot of experience to share.
Old 2012-02-25, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #860
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks for providing clarifications Radar

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-25, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #861
Plissket
Private

To make this 100% clear, Prosieben is a partner in distributing our games in the EU. SOE remains the sole developer of game content for PlanetSide 2 and any of our other games. If something goes in the game, it will be because we created it.
This would indeed be good to hear, although there is some confusion here as I did read that Prosieben were talking about unique content in the EU....

To be honest, I think there is some confusion between the two parties of this deal.
Old 2012-02-26, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #862
Fenrys
Major

What you are describing is a massive shift in mechanics which would require essentially two games be made.
This tells me you don't understand the issues or perhaps you're intentionally being obtuse and don't want to give an answer we won't want to hear.

To tweak some numbers in a database so that (for example) each Jackhammer pellet does 5 damage instead of 4, and the Jackhammer itself costs $10.00 per gun instead of $0.00 - this would not need to be a massive undertaking requiring two games to be made.

Pro7 has already come out and told us they intend to change both the content of and the price of cash shop items as they see fit.

I've read all your replies to this thread, and so far you have (expertly) neither confirmed nor denied if this will be the case.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-02-26 at 04:35 AM.
Old 2012-02-26, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #863
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
Like what?
You'd need to know the exact details of the deal to be sure - but I'd assume it's something along the lines of expense/risk being dumped for a lower share of the revenue.
Old 2012-02-27, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #864
Qwan
Captain

OK ive spent the weekend thinking about this server seperation thing (also checking out the new tera beta ) First its going F2P fail, now there seperating me from my buds . This is a failed project and its not even released yet . I give this game a year before people get tired of pink tanks and purple guns. Then when no more money is to be made in side grades and pretty toys, the P2W concepted will kick in, then here comes this lvl 1 trooper, with the one shot rifle . It hurts to say this but they should have just made it for the playstation, and left it at that. And if you take a step back and look at the over all game, the only thing it had going for it was the massive battle scale for a FPS, and since they just put of the segregation rules, that just killed that . Damn SOE if you just would have up graded the graphics and left everything else the same Im sure everyone one in this comunity would have been happy to play . Now you have this MMO FPS that seems to be falling appart at the seems . Free or not I think ill keep playing the old PS. Im going to go play BF3 with my EU buds now.

EPIC FAIL

Last edited by Qwan; 2012-02-27 at 06:26 AM.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #865
PrISM
Staff Sergeant

So does all of this mean we don't have to play with the Chinese? I think I'm willing to pay that price.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-27, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #866
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
This tells me you don't understand the issues or perhaps you're intentionally being obtuse and don't want to give an answer we won't want to hear.

To tweak some numbers in a database so that (for example) each Jackhammer pellet does 5 damage instead of 4, and the Jackhammer itself costs $10.00 per gun instead of $0.00 - this would not need to be a massive undertaking requiring two games to be made.

Pro7 has already come out and told us they intend to change both the content of and the price of cash shop items as they see fit.

I've read all your replies to this thread, and so far you have (expertly) neither confirmed nor denied if this will be the case.
I think I'm fairly cognoscente of the issues and unfortunately being obtuse sometimes comes with my job. As I mentioned in the other responses, these decisions are made on a very high level.

I'll caveat the following statements with a reiteration that I am not a Game Designer.

/Hypothetical mode on

We will go with the example you have provided. The database change does sound very easy. The key component I think you are missing is Prosieben is not designing the game. In order to sell the Jackhammer for $10, we would have to decide we were going to sell the Jackhammer to everyone.

I'll take your example further. That tweak from 4 to 5 just made the Jackhammer 20-25% more powerful and really popular. Guess what? Now it's overpowered there but fine in the US version. Multiply this headache by dozens if not hundreds of items. Withl all respect, that does seem to me like two entirely different games.

/Hypothetical mode off

I'll continue to ask for your patience as more details become available. I've seen a lot of assumptions and speculation I'm hopeful we can clear up in the coming days.

Last edited by RadarX; 2012-02-27 at 01:34 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-27, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #867
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by PrISM View Post
So does all of this mean we don't have to play with the Chinese? I think I'm willing to pay that price.
The9 is distributing a fully localized product for folks in Asia. Unless you can read Chinese, you'll want to stick with another version.
Old 2012-02-27, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #868
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

The9 is distributing a fully localized product for folks in Asia. Unless you can read Chinese, you'll want to stick with another version.
Just keep the communications going with the community Radar, it does mean so much to us

Nice job keep it up
Old 2012-02-27, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #869
Fenrys
Major

Thank you RadarX.

It's got to be hard when your boss asks you to provide feedback and the players are asking specific questions that you don't have permission to answer. It seems like you've been ordered to shoot yourself in the foot - answering the question is not allowed, but you have to say something anyway.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2012-02-27 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #870
SpLiTNuTz
Corporal

John smedley;
@j_smedley: We've come up with a plan to allow ALL players to play on any servers they want. More details to follow.
Twitter.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion